Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

C. Paul trade adventure; ESPN TrueHoop(pg. 17)

quote:
Originally posted by Walddo:

Anyone on the fence just has to recall one simple thing:

He(Paul) made Tyson Chandler look like a stud, now JUST imagine what he'll do for Dwight.

This simple fact makes it hard for me to believe anyone would EVER be on the fence about Paul.

I really don't understand why people keep saying this. Yeah, sure, Paul/Chandler pick and rolls usually led to highlight reels, but it's not like Paul took Chandler into Most Improved Player Award zone... besides a higher FG% (fine, significantly higher), Paul didn't do much else.

Also, keep in mind that Chandler's highest TS% year was last year playing in Charlotte.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Paul, and he certainly can make his teammates better, but an athletic guy catching a bunch of alley oops is not a stud.

quote:
Originally posted by patport21:

I don't think people fully grasp how big it would be giving this team a true PG instead of a shoot first type PG... blows my mind.

Nelson career FGA/game: 10.3

Paul career FGA/game: 14.5

• Upvote 1

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

quote:

I don't think people fully grasp how big it would be giving this team a true PG instead of a shoot first type PG... blows my mind.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

He is the number one option on his team.... of course he is gonna avg. more FG's a game... Nelson is the 3rd to 4th option for most of his career. Are you kidding bringing that stat right there!!! hahahahahaha!!! Come on man. Bring the assists per game over their career into this discussion and then it will be better.

I am no Jameer basher... he is my favorite player on the team but the fact is CP3 would be 10x better running this team.

Let it be known that you just basically said CP3 is more of a shoot first PG then Jameer. HA HA HA

quote:

quote:

That's true but misleading.

Chris Paul CREATES more then any PG in the league. He also gets more minutes. Jameer rides the pine in stretches when he is struggling. A lot of times when that happened, SVG wouldn't have him on the floor to closeout games.

Regardless, Chris Paul is the best PG in basketball and is one of the best pure passers in the world.

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

quote:

quote:

Chris Paul CREATES more then any PG in the league. He also gets more minutes. Jameer rides the pine in stretches when he is struggling. A lot of times when that happened, SVG wouldn't have him on the floor to closeout games.

Regardless, Chris Paul is the best PG in basketball and is one of the best pure passers in the world.

+100000 for you my friend. He just brought the most misleading stat of all time onto this board and tried to prove a point... wow.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

+100000 for you my friend. He just brought the most misleading stat of all time onto this board and tried to prove a point... wow.

Actually, assist to turnover ratio is probably the most misleading stat of all time

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Actually, assist to turnover ratio is probably the most misleading stat of all time

Ya, BMP wasn't being literal there... but if you are really taking up for Treytime trying to make it look like CP3 is more of a shoot first PG then Jameer I am disappointed.

It's Trey, what do you expect?

Although I could definitely see Paul's assist% and overall assist numbers dropping if he played for the Magic, maybe even significantly.

quote:

Although I could definitely see Paul's assist% and overall assist numbers dropping if he played for the Magic, maybe even significantly.

What makes you believe that... he would have Dwight and be surrounded by shooters?

Ok, CLEARLY my post went over everyone's head (except for Catman). Everyone on this board tries to bash Jameer for being a scoring PG, which is in itself retarded. The same people who say this stuff about Jameer act like Paul is never going to take a shot, he will. I wasn't saying Jameer was better than Paul, he's not. I wasn't saying Paul wasn't a pure passer, he is. I was saying that Paul is also a SCORING PG, something you all fail to realize. No wonder nobody can pass the FCAT, even though the test is created at a 3rd Grade level.

• Upvote 1

yeah, people don't realize that Paul isn't a pass first point guard.

He's a do everything point guard.

Pass first/ shoot first is a retarded term any way.

quote:

quote:

What makes you believe that... he would have Dwight and be surrounded by shooters?

The type of offense we employ usually does not allow a player to stack on assists. While Paul and Howard would be deadly, Paul still wouldn't be able to cash as many assists as he does with New Orleans. First of all, he wouldn't have the ball nearly as much as he did there. There's also the fact that the team shots a lot of threes, and those are lower percentage shots (and although a 3 is 1.5x better than a 2, you still don't get 1.5 assists for it). They also do not award hockey assists, which this team gets plenty of.

I mean, the team would be much better with Paul, just making a point that he most likely wouldn't be getting more than 10 assists a game.