Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

C. Paul trade adventure; ESPN TrueHoop(pg. 17)

quote:
Originally posted by AQUARIUM61:

quote:
Originally posted by mont:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

we dont need chris paul. this team can only get better. experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. jameer will do fine vince will do fine shard will do fine d howard will do fine and whatever player that fills out the starting lineup will do fine. the most effective squad on the court last year was probably the lineup of meer, reddick, carter,lew, and howard. now they cant play that lineup all the time but, that unit can put some points on the board. probably one of the better starting 5 around the league.

What are you smoking? LOL. Any starting line up with Carter is not the best in the league.

who had the best team the second half of the year?? who was the 2 guard for the best team. now the best team didnt win. sure didnt but you like everybody else was hyped, about how we were playing, until we got to boston.

It does not matter at all. We lost in the ECF. I blame mostly Carter. What happened to the 30 points Carter was supposed to get most nights? Watch some tapes of last year's game, and you will hear David and Matty say in 90% of the games, Oh Carter is having a bad night/ bad shooting night. Carter would have a hard time guarding the Fever or the Dream.

you know they have youtube for a reason. after the all star break, vince played like an allstar. did you not see the la game with artest with the purple and gold hair on him. wow haters only watch parts of the game. cmon hater.

Carter probably would be effective on another team such as the timberwolves, Kings, Warriors, etc, but not on the Magic. Turk was a much better fit on the Magic. Lewis cannot play well with Carter either. Personally, I do not hate Carter, but I had hoped that Smith could move him for a more suitable player.

Sorry I'm late to the party, but just to show how unreliable youtube videos and highlight films can be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrfJ2PGcQug

quote:
Originally posted by nttnybuc:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

we dont need chris paul. this team can only get better. experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. jameer will do fine vince will do fine shard will do fine d howard will do fine and whatever player that fills out the starting lineup will do fine. the most effective squad on the court last year was probably the lineup of meer, reddick, carter,lew, and howard. now they cant play that lineup all the time but, that unit can put some points on the board. probably one of the better starting 5 around the league.

What are you smoking? LOL. Any starting line up with Carter is not the best in the league.

who had the best team the second half of the year?? who was the 2 guard for the best team. now the best team didnt win. sure didnt but you like everybody else was hyped, about how we were playing, until we got to boston.

It does not matter at all. We lost in the ECF. I blame mostly Carter. What happened to the 30 points Carter was supposed to get most nights? Watch some tapes of last year's game, and you will hear David and Matty say in 90% of the games, Oh Carter is having a bad night/ bad shooting night. Carter would have a hard time guarding the Fever or the Dream.

you know they have youtube for a reason. after the all star break, vince played like an allstar. did you not see the la game with artest with the purple and gold hair on him. wow haters only watch parts of the game. cmon hater.

Carter probably would be effective on another team such as the timberwolves, Kings, Warriors, etc, but not on the Magic. Turk was a much better fit on the Magic. Lewis cannot play well with Carter either. Personally, I do not hate Carter, but I had hoped that Smith could move him for a more suitable player.

Sorry I'm late to the party, but just to show how unreliable youtube videos and highlight films can be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrfJ2PGcQug

the reason why i said youtube is because most people probably didnt record the games, so they cant go back and look at them. i did record them, and i can go back, but youtube usually is a lot faster. im not talking about a vc mix. im talking about the real game. most people only remember the bad. the guy had some good and bad games, and turk was not a better fit. vc didnt get traded for turk, anyway. do you remember the finals against the lakers? the offense was terrible. dwight did good, lew did good turk was ok at best. if that team would have had vc, they would have won. turk is better at feeding the post, but not better at drawing double teams and breaking down defenses. i was sick watching those finals against la. and people always talk about the vc missed free throws, who remembers the turk missed free throws. people just love to hate vc.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Ignored post by VCdaCarter posted July 26, 2010 06:52 PM

quote:
Ignored post by mont posted July 26, 2010 06:55 PM

was i supposed to be hurt that you ignored my post. wow where do they do that at.

feels good, man

I want too, but I feel I might miss another gem if I do. I mean, you can't pay for this sort of entertainment.

The really good stuff usually gets quoted anyways. They're worse than trolls, though, since trolls are usually just kidding around. They're serious

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Just got off the phone with Povtak...he says Ken Berger knows what he's talking about...he doesn't throw ish out there like other reporters...

Link:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/s...till-seeking-way-out

This is for the people that don't read that other thread because it's so big and full of jibberish...

Ummmm, I'm not sure if you're being facetious or serious, no offense

quote:

quote:

Just got off the phone with Povtak...he says Ken Berger knows what he's talking about...he doesn't throw ish out there like other reporters...

Link:

This is for the people that don't read that other thread because it's so big and full of jibberish...

He's being the American word for Junkie which is a jerk.

Having 8 threads about the same thing is just as counterproductive as having a 700 page thread. Atleast people know to go to that thread, and things are quoted and discussed enough.

But don't worry, he'll just ignore logic and reason as always. Or retort with something completely off base.

It's like you try to give the guy a chance and he just pulls you back in so easily. It's really hard.

quote:

quote:

Link:

Serious...and none taken.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Link:

You know Povtak personally???

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Link:

You know Povtak personally???

Yeah, we mostly talk on the phone though...

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

quote:

Link:

He's being the American word for Junkie which is a jerk.

Having 8 threads about the same thing is just as counterproductive as having a 700 page thread. Atleast people know to go to that thread, and things are quoted and discussed enough.

But don't worry, he'll just ignore logic and reason as always. Or retort with something completely off base.

It's like you try to give the guy a chance and he just pulls you back in so easily. It's really hard.

Disagree, you are assuming that most of us dont mind sifting through your rubbish to find these linked articles. Your assumptions are wrong. Call me lazy or whatever, that Chris Paul thread sucks.

fyi, feel free to post information in as many pertinent threads as needed. As long as its real info and not bleacher report or a summary piece by espn.