Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

C. Paul trade adventure; ESPN TrueHoop(pg. 17)

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

quote:
Originally posted by JRam027:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

aww lewis thinks i want in his gay club...it's the internet. it's hard to discuss basketball when this board is littered with alts, people posting lolcats and the VCO tools coming with their spamming nonsense. I'd love to talk basketball unfortunately the enablers here have allowed them to run rampant

yet you've helped rectify the problem by complaining (by my non-significant sample) in 85.7% of your posts instead of contributing positively to this community.

The last lolcat was months ago. You say everybody is an alternate account because they post what you believe is a pointless topic but in reality they're new posters that happen to be less knowledgeable about the ins and outs of nba basketball.

I might bump heads with junkie and Smack but they bring valuable basketball discussion often.

BMP, jec, berto, and Jareth might joke around during the lulls of the day but they generally make knowledgeable posts most of the time.

But what do you bring to the table? You complain for the sake of complaining. Someone makes their first post and it might not be filled with basketball IQ, "Must be a troll account, IP ban this jerk". Junkie comes back from suspension and you antagonize him. Someone posts a new article about how Chris Paul would like to come to the magic "There's no possible way we're getting Chris Paul".

I'm just sick of hearing nothing but negativity and I can't always take the mod route and talk to people behind closed doors because then i'm "bullying people with my authority to stop having alternative opinions" or somehow catering to the goofballs of the forum even though i spent the better part of the day cleaning up their posts.

So yeah, I finally got frustrated enough to do this. I'm sorry if it detracted from the thread but god hates magic fans isn't breaking the TOS, he's just being annoying. But maybe calling him out here will get him to stop.

did you ban him? Lol

I mean..look at his name.

This! +1!!!

Eddie Rivera of ESPN's TrueHoop network was responding to some of his readers questions...

quote:

Question: What if NO finds a way bring in help for Chris Paul? Do you know any possible moves NO could make that would make their current team a contender? Do you think there

That last point was good, except I disagree with James shutting down Melo.

CP3 is better than any pg we would most likely be matched up with, and give us a distinct advantage against the Heat in two positions. I think for that reason alone, we need to make this happen.

It can be argued that the two most important positions and hardest ones to fill on a championship team are PG and C. We would have arguably the best at those two positions in the game, and they would only get better together.

I'm sorta on the fence about Paul. I mean, he hasn't played a full season yet since having his meniscus removed; and do we really want Paul and his management trying to dictate everything Magic?

quote:
Originally posted by UBBALLER8:

That last point was good, except I disagree with James shutting down Melo.

CP3 is better than any pg we would most likely be matched up with, and give us a distinct advantage against the Heat in two positions. I think for that reason alone, we need to make this happen.

It can be argued that the two most important positions and hardest ones to fill on a championship team are PG and C. We would have arguably the best at those two positions in the game, and they would only get better together.

Im assuming he was referring more to a Granger than a Melo when he said trade for a SF.

Anyone on the fence just has to recall one simple thing:

He(Paul) made Tyson Chandler look like a stud, now JUST imagine what he'll do for Dwight.

This simple fact makes it hard for me to believe anyone would EVER be on the fence about Paul.

quote:
Originally posted by JoweyBoi:

quote:
He(Paul) made Tyson Chandler look like a stud, now JUST imagine what he'll do for Dwight.

Tyson Chandler with toe problems

Tyson Chandler with offensive problems

Chris Paul is my favorite NBA player outside of Dwight Howard, and it has always been my dream to have CP3 as a member of the Magic. but now that it's possible it seems...strange. I just don't like the idea of getting rid of Jameer. I know that its a trade we MUST make if we get the opportunity. But still, it feels wrong.