Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

C. Paul trade adventure; ESPN TrueHoop(pg. 17)

quote:
Originally posted by Noonskadoodle17:

quote:
Originally posted by mont:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by VCdaCarter:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

Not to mention every single team Wincent made a play, the team missed the shot!! That's why he didn't have a lot of assists.

Now that the idea of having Paul on this team is shot to ****, let's get back to he VC bash. Big Party
I have one question for you. Did Vince do ANYTHING wrong last year?

i have one question for you. did vince do anything right this year? and if so why all the bashing. i dont see any of the other players getting bashed up here anywhere close to the vc bashings.

Because he was supposed to be the piece we needed for a championship and he did not show up......PERIOD

was d howard supposed to be the piece, how about shard, and meer, and barnes, and reddick, and stan van gundy, and bass/anderson/gortat/williams. if you really knew how dumb that sounded. you dont even know everything vince did or didnt do to help the team, or to hurt the team. ask the players.

quote:
you know they have youtube for a reason. after the all star break, vince played like an allstar. did you not see the la game with artest with the purple and gold hair on him. wow haters only watch parts of the game. cmon hater.

everybody looks good on youtube...i bet there are mixes of adonal foyle that makes him look like and all star.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by VCdaCarter:

quote:

Not to mention every single team Wincent made a play, the team missed the shot!! That's why he didn't have a lot of assists.

Now that the idea of having Paul on this team is shot to ****, let's get back to he VC bash. Big Party
I have one question for you. Did Vince do ANYTHING wrong last year?
He did everything wrong. he didn't make plays for himself or his teammates, he never got any assists because his teammates didn't make shots, he didn't get rebounds because dwight is clogging up the paint. he never draws double teams so his teammates can get open shots. he's a horrible leader and his teammates can't stand him. **** VINCE! Beat Comp

quote:
Ignored post by VCdaCarter posted July 26, 2010 06:52 PM

quote:
Ignored post by mont posted July 26, 2010 06:55 PM

feels good, man

quote:

quote:

quote:

feels good, man

I want too, but I feel I might miss another gem if I do. I mean, you can't pay for this sort of entertainment.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

feels good, man

I want too, but I feel I might miss another gem if I do. I mean, you can't pay for this sort of entertainment.
I can't believe he waited the entire season before deciding to ignore us. Oh well.

Dell Demps transcript of his press conference post-meeting with Chris Paul...

quote:

Below is a transcript from the press conference that followed.

Opening Statement

Demps: First of all I

I thought this was kind of entertaining from the same website...

quote:

Imagine you found a door in your house that entered Dell Demps mind today- allowing you to manipulate his thoughts and words. For those of you who have seen the 1999 film Being John Malkovich, you can relate to this scenario. For others, I know it seems rediculous, but go with me here.

Now Chris Paul sits down with you today and has one simple objective- to win. He wants to know from you what your plan would be to accomplish this goal moving forward. Here is your chance- what do you say?

As part of the Hornets247 community, we want to hear from you. What would your plan look like? Lay it out for us and comment on others' plans as well. Remember, be respectful- if you disagree that is fine, but cite your reasons for disagreement in a respectful manner.

I will go first and I fully expect most to disapprove, but what is discussion without critical feedback? Here goes:

Me (as DD):"Chris, we have two proposals that are on the table right now that we are ready to move on. The first will send Peja and Posey to Detroit for Rip Hamilton and T. Prince. The second will send Julian Wright and Songalia to Orlando, along with our 1st round pick next year for Gortat."

Chris: "Okay, interesting. And why those two trades? How do you see that playing out?"

Me: Well, we know we have to get you some more help on the wings and we think Rip and Tayshaun are great players with championship experience. We know Rip is getting older and has a pretty big contract but we feel that if he only has to play 25-30 minutes a night we can keep him fresh and he can provide for us much of what Ray Allen has for Boston in the twilight of his career. As for Prince, he is in a contract year and has tasted winning and success. We feel that with SF being Monty's position of expertise, we can get a lot out of him and our new draft pick Pondexter- both offensively and defensively."

Chris: "I like it, those guys are winners. And what about this Gortat guy?"

Me: Well, we think we can help Emeka improve on what he did last season, but we want some more size in that frontcourt to help us control the boards and get you out in transition. And get DC out in the open court when you are resting."

Chris: "You know I don't like to rest."

Me: "I know, but we plan on going deep in the playoffs this year, and believe me you will be happy we kept your legs fresh in late April."

Chris: "Okay, so Rip, Prince, and Gortat in- I like it. I can win with that."

Me: "I know you can- see you in early October. Rest up because it is going to be a 100 game season."

Wright, Songalia and a 1st round pick for Gortat...Would You???

http://www.hornets247.com/blog...eing-dell-demps#more

There really is no point in arguing with you because you are so far up VC's *** it's not even funny anymore.

You clearly just dont get what 98% (you and vcdacarter being the other 2%) of this board is trying to say and you guys are both getting really annoying.

I was cheering for the guy don't get me wrong (and if he stays I def want him to succeed) but HE DID NOT CARRY HIS WEIGHT ON THIS TEAM IN THE PLAYOFFS. The guy averaged 15 pts and for being a ??play maker?? only averaged 2 assists while only shooting 23% (FREAKING 23%) from behind the arc and only 40% from the field in general. According to you guys once the playoffs came he was going to ATTACK more and get to the line. Nope he only shot 5 freaking free throws a game, and if you think that's a HIGH number Jameer shot 4.5 just for the record.

I could see if the guy had like 5 rings or something why you would praise him, but the guy has NEVER won anything in the NBA except some dunk contests. He clearly just doesn't like the big stage and is on the decline of his career now.

Just answer these questions for me......Why are you on his nutz so much? Is it because he had some spectacular dunks in his prime? Why aren't you guys on J-Rich's nutz like VC's? or are you? How about T-Mac (which prolly 95% of this board was at one point, but we STICK to OUR TEAM)?

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

Wright, Songalia and a 1st round pick for Gortat...Would You???

No, no, and a capital No.

quote:
Originally posted by Noonskadoodle17:

There really is no point in arguing with you because you are so far up VC's *** it's not even funny anymore.

You clearly just dont get what 98% (you and vcdacarter being the other 2%) of this board is trying to say and you guys are both getting really annoying.

I was cheering for the guy don't get me wrong (and if he stays I def want him to succeed) but HE DID NOT CARRY HIS WEIGHT ON THIS TEAM IN THE PLAYOFFS. The guy averaged 15 pts and for being a ??play maker?? only averaged 2 assists while only shooting 23% (FREAKING 23%) from behind the arc and only 40% from the field in general. According to you guys once the playoffs came he was going to ATTACK more and get to the line. Nope he only shot 5 freaking free throws a game, and if you think that's a HIGH number Jameer shot 4.5 just for the record.

I could see if the guy had like 5 rings or something why you would praise him, but the guy has NEVER won anything in the NBA except some dunk contests. He clearly just doesn't like the big stage and is on the decline of his career now.

Just answer these questions for me......Why are you on his nutz so much? Is it because he had some spectacular dunks in his prime? Why aren't you guys on J-Rich's nutz like VC's? or are you? How about T-Mac (which prolly 95% of this board was at one point, but we STICK to OUR TEAM)?

I'm with you all the way, bro. **** CARTER