Sign in to follow this  
iTs JUST zo

How much worse is Nelson than CP3?

ok then add Curry to the list of poi....oh wait he played SG next to Monte Ellis. But if we're putting him at point fine add him to the list better then Nelson (maybe Idk bout that one)

oh and Gporter NO Stephen Curry is not better than DERICK ROSE. I think Rose is even underrated and he gets talked about quite a bit.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

Jameer is not a top 10 PG.

CP3, D Will, Nash, Rondo, Billups, Rose are by far better points. Thats 6.

Parker, Kidd, Jennings, Brooks, Arenas are better.

Devin Harris, Westbrook are arguably with far more potential and getting better.

even Tyreke Evans is arguably. Andre Miller even dropped 50 points this season, but really I take that back his shot is terrible.

but really the top 5 (CP3, D Will, Rondo, Nash, Rose) make the rest look like another league.

Brandon Jennings? Really? The rookie who shot under 40% from the field? He's incredibly overrated because of one amazing game against the Warriors.

I wouldn't put Jameer in the top ten point guard category. Because he hasn't been able to stay healthy and consistent. The Jameer from the playoffs was a top 10 PG, but the Jameer from the regular season was jsut a top 15 PG. He's a good player either way but he's no Chris Paul.

quote:
Originally posted by Its just zo:

Just curious. I see the consensus opinion is that they would trade Nelson for CP3 in the blink of an eye. Nelson is improving. He came as a rookie and we've watched him grow. We witnesses what hes capable of during the playoffs. He's ultra clutch. A better shooter than CP3. The only difference is that CP3 is a much better passer and judging by his steals, maybe a slighly better defender. Although steals dont make you a good on ball defender.

How much better is CP3 than Nelson?

The year before Nelson was having his best year then he got hurt. Then he tried to come back in the Finals. IMO that was a huge mistake and threw off how we were playing.

Last year Nelson played well, but nothing like the year before that. I think that was the best that Nelson will ever play. Instead of improvement we saw Nelson sliding backwards instead of the gain that you seem to want.

Nelson peaked that year. IMO that was the best that we will ever see Nelson play. I wish it were not true, but I don't see steady improvement. Plus a factor that Nelson can't change is his height. That has caused the Magic time after time major problems with his defense. It showed up too often against Rondo who burned him again and again.

Jennings shot a terrible percentage, which is common for rookies, he went through a terible streak you're right. But really the guys got so much talent, if you'd watch him a bit more you'd see. Hes lightning quick and does just about everything well.

just ask Ron Artest haha. Tryin to remember that..

something like..

TNT cast: "How about Brandon Jennings"

Ron: "oh my god. He's the best player Ive ever seen"

Barkley: "*laughing* you do know about that one guy on your team...Kobe Bryant I think his name is"

Ron: "Brandon Jennings is the best player Ive ever seen. Take that back besides my friend back in queensburg, hes the best."

quote:

Devin Harris, Westbrook are arguably with far more potential and getting better.

even Tyreke Evans is arguably. Andre Miller even dropped 50 points this season, but really I take that back his shot is terrible.

but really the top 5 (CP3, D Will, Rondo, Nash, Rose) make the rest look like another league.

Nelson is a better shooter than all the above except for Nash. Over their career, about half the guys listed are at about 6 apg which is about where Jameer is at. You can't definitively say that, outside the top 5, all those pgs are clearly better than Nelson.

If I had to invest my money, I would go for CP3, Deron Williams, Rose, Nash, Rondo, Billups, and Westbrook before I would Nelson. Out of Thuglife's list, I'd say they would be the most productive in terms of establishing a win for my squad.

I love Jameer, he's a real good player most of the time offensively, but people keep forgetting how bad he is defensively..Seems like the other point guard have career highs against him quite often..Chris Paul is a totally different class all around.

quote:
Originally posted by sharp[7]shooter:

If I had to invest my money, I would go for CP3, Deron Williams, Rose, Nash, Rondo, Billups, and Westbrook before I would Nelson. Out of Thuglife's list, I'd say they would be the most productive in terms of establishing a win for my squad.

Chauncey's up there in age... Westbrook is about as bad as Rondo and Rose when it comes to shooting but other than that it sounds about right.

Steph Curry had a better rookie year than Derick Rose and he didn't even start the first two months. If you judge a player by the last three months of the season, Steph Curry was one of the best rookies if not the best rookie of all time.

Derick Rose is probably only better at getting to the rim than Curry. Curry is a better rebounder, defender (steals), assists, shooting (in ever aspect) and I'd much rather have Curry over D Rose any day of the week.

quote:
Originally posted by JRam027:

quote:

Nelson is a better shooter than all the above except for Nash. Over their career, about half the guys listed are at about 6 apg which is about where Jameer is at. You can't definitively say that, outside the top 5, all those pgs are clearly better than Nelson.

All of the above pgs are pass first pgs unlike Nelson. Nelson is the shoot first pg type. So yes he would average more points, but not more assists.

Yes they are indeed better then Nelson when it comes to being a pure pg that is the floor general. Nelson is more like a sg with a shorter then average pg body.

quote:
Originally posted by gporter:

Steph Curry had a better rookie year than Derick Rose and he didn't even start the first two months. If you judge a player by the last three months of the season, Steph Curry was one of the best rookies if not the best rookie of all time.

Derick Rose is probably only better at getting to the rim than Curry. Curry is a better rebounder, defender (steals), assists, shooting (in ever aspect) and I'd much rather have Curry over D Rose any day of the week.

That's just plain "nuts". Curry is more of a sg then a pg. So in every aspects of being a pg Rose has him beat hands down.

If given a choice you would have to be crazy to not take Rose over Curry. But since we don't have to ever worry about that this is just moot.