Sign in to follow this  
iTs JUST zo

How much worse is Nelson than CP3?

quote:
Originally posted by VCdaCarter:

quote:
Originally posted by sharp[7]shooter:

@Thuglife That is exactly how I feel about the situation. Carter doesn't deserve 100% of the blame, however, he had an amazingly sub-par playoff performance, is criticized for it, and so he should be. He isn't the player that I thought he was going to be coming into last season. I think Vince performs better when he is the focal point of the offense...without multiple superstars that demand the ball just as much as he does. NO would be a great fit for him.

@VCdaCarter I know, I know. I was out of order for calling you out, and I've done it before. I'm just fed up with Carter fans who find every way possible to try and massage Vince's reputation as a player. He screwed up in the playoffs, there is concrete evidence to support this...how can you argue it? By saying that every other player on the team performed poorly is also a scapegoat and beyond the point. In the end, I respect Vince, I hope he has comeback year, and I don't put people on my ignore list because I respect every opinion...but you cannot dispute the drop in Carter's play in the post-season, especially the Boston series.

Vince had 2 good games against the bobcats and 3 good games against the hawks. He had 1 good game against the celtics where no one else on the team showed up. After that the whole team went south. They played like they didn't want it and so they lost. End of story.

bold for emphasis

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:

quote:

@Thuglife That is exactly how I feel about the situation. Carter doesn't deserve 100% of the blame, however, he had an amazingly sub-par playoff performance, is criticized for it, and so he should be. He isn't the player that I thought he was going to be coming into last season. I think Vince performs better when he is the focal point of the offense...without multiple superstars that demand the ball just as much as he does. NO would be a great fit for him.

@VCdaCarter I know, I know. I was out of order for calling you out, and I've done it before. I'm just fed up with Carter fans who find every way possible to try and massage Vince's reputation as a player. He screwed up in the playoffs, there is concrete evidence to support this...how can you argue it? By saying that every other player on the team performed poorly is also a scapegoat and beyond the point. In the end, I respect Vince, I hope he has comeback year, and I don't put people on my ignore list because I respect every opinion...but you cannot dispute the drop in Carter's play in the post-season, especially the Boston series.

Vince had 2 good games against the bobcats and 3 good games against the hawks. He had 1 good game against the celtics where no one else on the team showed up. After that the whole team went south. They played like they didn't want it and so they lost. End of story.

bold for emphasis

Sorry, but i'm curious. Are you a female or just gay???

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:

quote:

bold for emphasis

Sorry, but i'm curious. Are you a female or just gay???

both Wink

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Anybody else concerned that Paul might not be the player he once was due to his knee?

Would you be satisfied trading for Paul if, due to the injury, he was only a top 5-6 PG in the league?

It would certainly be bad depending on who we gave up for him.

But what's a 5-6 PG in the league to you? I mean, how far would Paul's game have to drop in order to be below Rose, Rondo, Westbrook, etc?

Exactly, As of now I have Paul ranked as the #1 PG in the league so if he dropped to 5 or 6 I'd still do the trade because IMO that still makes him better than Nelson.

Here's my PG rankings:

1. Chris Paul

2. Deron Williams

3. Steve Nash

4. Rajon Rondo

5. Derrick Rose

6. Chauncey Billups

7. Tony Parker

8. Russell Westbrook

9. Jameer Nelson

quote:
Originally posted by WestCoastMagicFan:

quote:

quote:

Anybody else concerned that Paul might not be the player he once was due to his knee?

Would you be satisfied trading for Paul if, due to the injury, he was only a top 5-6 PG in the league?

But what's a 5-6 PG in the league to you? I mean, how far would Paul's game have to drop in order to be below Rose, Rondo, Westbrook, etc?

Exactly, As of now I have Paul ranked as the #1 PG in the league so if he dropped to 5 or 6 I'd still do the trade because IMO that still makes him better than Nelson.

Here's my PG rankings:

1. Chris Paul

2. Deron Williams

3. Steve Nash

4. Rajon Rondo

5. Derrick Rose

6. Chauncey Billups

7. Tony Parker

8. Russell Westbrook

9. Jameer Nelson

It's not just a question of if Paul will still be better than Jameer. Its a question of is it so much of an upgrade that it makes us a better team with the loss of Carter and probably Gortat, as well as taking on Okafor's terrible contract that greatly reduces our roster flexibility moving forward at times where we will need to resign both Paul and Dwight.

Another thing to consider, is that we would be making these moves, at a time where one year later a CBA that is likely to be much friendlier to owners is coming. So while star players are signing contracts that are significantly friendlier to their owners, we will be saddled paying Okafor $13 million (and the league $13 million to be distributed amongst other teams and funding possible FA acquisitions). Add the contracts of Rashard, Dwight, and Paul on top of that, and its like $70 million in payroll between 4 players.

quote:
Originally posted by magicfan83:

quote:
Originally posted by WestCoastMagicFan:

quote:

quote:

Here's my PG rankings:

1. Chris Paul

2. Deron Williams

3. Steve Nash

4. Rajon Rondo

5. Derrick Rose

6. Chauncey Billups

7. Tony Parker

8. Russell Westbrook

9. Jameer Nelson

It's not just a question of if Paul will still be better than Jameer. Its a question of is it so much of an upgrade that it makes us a better team with the loss of Carter and probably Gortat, as well as taking on Okafor's terrible contract that greatly reduces our roster flexibility moving forward at times where we will need to resign both Paul and Dwight.

Another thing to consider, is that we would be making these moves, at a time where one year later a CBA that is likely to be much friendlier to owners is coming. So while star players are signing contracts that are significantly friendlier to their owners, we will be saddled paying Okafor $13 million (and the league $13 million to be distributed amongst other teams and funding possible FA acquisitions). Add the contracts of Rashard, Dwight, and Paul on top of that, and its like $70 million in payroll between 4 players.

I definitely understand what you saying MagicFan83. Otis would have to TRY and find a 3rd team that still has alot of capspace like NJ or a team in desperate need of a starting Center to take on Okafor's contract. Minnesota, Oklahoma City, Toronto, Detroit, and Atlanta are teams that could use a starting Center.

Jameer is not a top 10 PG.

CP3, D Will, Nash, Rondo, Billups, Rose are by far better points. Thats 6.

Parker, Kidd, Jennings, Brooks, Arenas are better.

Devin Harris, Westbrook are arguably with far more potential and getting better.

even Tyreke Evans is arguably. Andre Miller even dropped 50 points this season, but really I take that back his shot is terrible.

but really the top 5 (CP3, D Will, Rondo, Nash, Rose) make the rest look like another league.

quote:

quote:

Oh yeah, about the 2 missed free throws...I couldn't believe it either. To see vince miss 2 FTs in a row is rare but hey, **** happens.

End of story should be Carter somewhere else after he mailed in it in the Boston series.

Carter was a disaster in the Boston series. You need to take off your rose colored glasses and see what really happened.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

Jameer is not a top 10 PG.

CP3, D Will, Nash, Rondo, Billups, Rose are by far better points. Thats 6.

Parker, Kidd, Jennings, Brooks, Arenas are better.

Devin Harris, Westbrook are arguably with far more potential and getting better.

even Tyreke Evans is arguably. Andre Miller even dropped 50 points this season, but really I take that back his shot is terrible.

but really the top 5 (CP3, D Will, Rondo, Nash, Rose) make the rest look like another league.

+1

Steph Curry is better than Derick Rose, and most of those other guys. Steph Curry was second in the NBA in steals as a ROOKIE. He also was the 3rd best fantasy player in the last three months of the season, only behind Lebron and Durant.

Steph Curry is so severely overlooked by everybody, still.