dirt7728

Paul wants out (with link)

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:

LA could easily throw Bynum in there, we can't really top that, you know how teams love big guys with potential.

My hope would be that NO is looking to clean house entirely, that is going to be our best shot.

You don't think the Magic package would be better???

Every GM in the league loves a big guy that can block shots and shoot. I don't even know that the Lakers would trade him but if it were me I'd trade him in a second. Personally I would prefer our package deal over what the other teams have to offer but GM's tend to do stupid things when it comes to big guys.

Yeah but why trade to a team in your own Conference? Send him East IMO so for them if they see CP3 again it would be in the finals and not the 1st or 2nd round of the western conference playoffs

quote:
Originally posted by MagicDelight:

quote:

Steve Kyler's response...

quote:

Berger is a legit source, but the premise assumes New Orleans would trade

him... and that's not gonna happen.

Does Chris want to play with another star player... sure, so does every

star player, Dwight wants another star next to him too... doesn;t mean

Otis can make it happen.

A player under contract has zero leverage... unless Chris trashes the

team, the owner and the city... there is no scenario in which New Orleans

will trade him... they just aren't gonna do business that way.

This isn't football where a player can hold out and force a trade...

I think steve kyler is a hater. There are plenty of scenarios and reasons why New Orleans wants to do this, and a decent package from the Magic would not make there team much better/worse then it already was, if anything you have possibly a better all around team without paul with:

Collison/Jameer

VC/Thornton

Peja/Posey/Pondexter

West/Wright

Gortat/Aaron Gray

I would take that lineup over the lineup they have currently with CP3.

Steve Kyler is just taking the easy route. He, Alex Kennedy, and all of Hoopsworld do this. They hardly speculate, and when they do, they make sure to tell everyone "it could or could not happen" and how nothing indicates so.

Here, all Kyler is doing is taking something that's incredibly unlikely to happen (let's be honest, CP3 coming here is a pipedream), and pretty much saying it's not going to happen (as most people already expect), but he then adds "unless he trashes the city". Why would he do that? Because in case it actually does not happen (the probable outcome here), he was 100% right and now he's "credible". Now if Chris Paul were to get traded, it would be obvious he demanded it, and in that case Kyler could make an argument that he really did demand a trade and humiliate the city or some other crap like that, making him right as well.

It's safe reporting. Actually, it's safe blogging, he's not a reporter.

Not to be a pessimist or anything, I would love to have CP3 here, but first I think it's lame when players demand a trade (just wanted to throw that out there), but second, several players, most notably Kobe, have demanded trades and their demands haven't been met and they've been happy in the long run. You too JJ.

I doubt NO can pull off a Gasol swap though and make CP3 happy in just one season, so I think there's a much better chance that a CP3 trade happens if he really wants it.

quote:
Originally posted by Chi Town Hustler:

Finally. We actually get to hear that Chris Paul wants to come here. This is the real deal. He wouldn't like New York. Too many home games in a freezing climate.

Plus the Taxes are brutal

quote:

quote:

LA could easily throw Bynum in there, we can't really top that, you know how teams love big guys with potential.

My hope would be that NO is looking to clean house entirely, that is going to be our best shot.

Well, I think the Knicks can package the most attracting player of the 3.

Anthony Randolph will fit in good in NO. THe Lakers only have Bynum, but will NOLA take the risk on Bynum? He's been having multiple surgeries over the past few years. We don't really have much to offer but a cap space and Gortat. I like the sound of adding Nelson there, which would increase the chance of the trade, but I don't think it would matter to them since they already have Darren over there, and Nelson is already of age, when you consider his age and as to where the NOLA franchise is going.

Oh, come on... Nelson is 28 and hardly has a lot of NBA mileage. He probably hasn't even hit peak yet (and should be in about 1-2 years).

quote:
Originally posted by FENDI:

quote:

quote:

Well, I think the Knicks can package the most attracting player of the 3.

Anthony Randolph will fit in good in NO. THe Lakers only have Bynum, but will NOLA take the risk on Bynum? He's been having multiple surgeries over the past few years. We don't really have much to offer but a cap space and Gortat. I like the sound of adding Nelson there, which would increase the chance of the trade, but I don't think it would matter to them since they already have Darren over there, and Nelson is already of age, when you consider his age and as to where the NOLA franchise is going.

i might be wrong but Newly signed players like Randolph and Felton can't be traded until Dec. 15th so if you take them off the table what do you have left?

I think alot of peoples rationale in here is silly as can be.

I'd actually have to agree with Junkie. The Hornets just hired a brand new GM and coach. If this were the first move they make, they will need to trade Peja's expiring for prime Jordan to make it up to the fans.

Sure WE all think Wince/Meer is a good deal for NO. Doesn't mean the fans receiving them for their only star player would be as accepting.

Now if Paul walks into Demps office and says "Trade me to Orlando or I post nudes", well, we got a stew going possibly.