Sign in to follow this  
dirt7728

Paul wants out (with link)

quote:
Originally posted by ManuGinobili:

quote:
It sounds as if Amare, Melo, and Paul have been talking to each other just like the three in Miami were before that went down. I'm not saying New York is his best option, but it's obvious that he wants to go there. Not sure why, if they don't get Melo...they are not much better than the Hornets were like you said.

Didnt you learn anything from previous experience? If the 3 want to go there, they WILL go there. No one can stop them.

Uhhhh...first of all. CP3 can't go anywhere he wants, he's not a FA, it's up to the Hornets. Secondly, the Knicks are not going to have the cap to sign Melo if they do get Paul. They would need a S&T with the Nuggets. Which is possible, but at the same time, it's no lock. This is not the same situation with Miami where they had three free agents and a team with only one player on their roster so they had the cap to make it work. A lot of things need to go right for the Knicks to get their dream superteam. It's not impossible, but it's not as simple as they WILL go there if they want to like you imply.

quote:
Originally posted by D-BoFats:

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

But you are also a Magic fan. Maybe CP3 is drooling at the thought of playing in the big apple with Amare and Melo....it's already been rumored. We don't really know what he's thinking. It doesn't matter who he wants most anyways, it's up to the Hornets. They could say **** you to Paul and trade him to the Timberwolves for all we know.

I really don't see that as an option. No non-contending team is going to trade for Chris Paul, knowing he doesn't wish to play there, only to have him leave in 2 years. If he gets traded, it'll be to a team Paul wants, or the trade itself is pointless.

right. nobody wants to deal with a disgruntled star.

he would be fully gruntled in orlando

quote:
Originally posted by the notorious S.A.C.:

Realistically Jameer is 30 and despite having a big heart will start losing what athleticism he has fairly soon. If you think he is a defensive liability now wait until he is 33 years old. He needs to be moved while he is worth offering to a club. If Otis turns Paul down and does his "I like this team the way it is" or "Chris Paul is fools gold" routine he should be run out of town and given all the cat calls he would deserve for not bringing a championship to the highest salaried team in the NBA. Otis, the pressure is on....will you just get this done for god sakes!

jameer just turned 28...

quote:

Realistically Jameer is 30 and despite having a big heart will start losing what athleticism he has fairly soon. If you think he is a defensive liability now wait until he is 33 years old. He needs to be moved while he is worth offering to a club. If Otis turns Paul down and does his "I like this team the way it is" or "Chris Paul is fools gold" routine he should be run out of town and given all the cat calls he would deserve for not bringing a championship to the highest salaried team in the NBA. Otis, the pressure is on....will you just get this done for god sakes!

Let's see how the Paul thing shakes out...but for now you get a big +1...

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

jameer just turned 28...

ya... that whole post made me laugh.

If one thing is certain is that in the new CBA salaries are going to be cut across the board.

There are talks of a hard cap as well as cutting salaries by 20-30%.

This obviously scared many guys as players like Richard Jefferson who you never thought in a million years would opt out did for more long term security.

Initial reports were Lebron could go anywhere because he was only going to sign a 3 year deal and the money is relatively the same at the max level. The new CBA forced him to opt for the six year deal.

These players are very concerned about a lockout and quite frankly know it is coming.

My point here is this. Carmelo has a 65 million dollar extension on the table and when combined with his salary gives him around 83 million over the next 4 seasons. No one in their right mind is going to turn that down over a what if.

Plus if you look at Denver's salaries minus any draft picks and Al Harrington they are way under the cap after this season aside from Nene's player option for around 12 million and a couple of other smaller contracts. They could sign a max player of their own where Cleveland could not.

I guess this whole long thing basically means I think Carmelo is staying in Denver and that the super team is not going to keep happening.

quote:

The Knicks would have had a better chance if they kept David Lee's contract and moved that bloated contract for the bloated Curry. Their fans will never see Paul and most likely not see Melo. It will be back to 30 wins for them.

In the meantime, we should trade Dwight for Oden, straight up. Right?

quote:

BUT HE IS 28 THOUGH

quote:

The Knicks would have had a better chance if they kept David Lee's contract and moved that bloated contract for the bloated Curry. Their fans will never see Paul and most likely not see Melo. It will be back to 30 wins for them.

curry is expiring