dirt7728

Paul wants out (with link)

quote:
Originally posted by sharp[7]shooter:

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

What do the Knicks have that could really get them Paul though?

We shall see, but this forum will jump for joy and freak out over every little report from this whole thing. I'm hoping the Hornets trade him pretty quickly so we can all move on. Reminds me of when the Bucs were in the mix for Jay Cutler, everyone one the Bucs forums talked about him 24/7 until he was traded to the Bears.

they have the off comment at melo's wedding that he'd like to build a 'miami trice' type team in new york with staudamire... i know i'm biased, but with amare's knees, i wouldn't try it there.

Ummm, pardon me, but why would he want to go to New York when he could come to Orlando. Was Amar'e the All-NBA First Team starting center? Was he the Defensive Player of the Year?

What does New York have to offer? I may be a Magic fan, but we have assets that could move Paul here and satisfy Hornets management. We have a rising center capable of starting on the majority of teams in the league. We have a point guard with all-star potential (he was there before), and a veteran scorer in VC who would fit nicely into their system.

Who is New York going to lure the Hornets with? Oh, hey Demps, I have NY on the line, they want to trade Bill Walker for CP3. Oh, they said they'd like to throw in Tony Douglas, Wilson Chandler, and 300 pound Eddy Curry...

Why would they ever seek talent from NY?

Love your sig bro!!!!

If all this is true that NY is his first choice, he's obviously letting friendship get in the way of logic. Like others have said, he's definitely got the best chance of winning now and for years to come if he comes to Orlando. If a true contender is what he wants, I sure hope his advisors are curbing the friendship cloudiness that is deviating his better judgement.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

People seem to forget that this was being floated around WELL before any media picked it up.

By the time they started reporting it, we'd already beaten this horse into the ground.

But yeah, Magical is full of it.

(Also want to give props to SmackDaddy, who was another person talking about this at the trade deadline).

Magical was full of it on draft night...come on, Rev...you know what the deal is.

Draft night Rev got everybody fired up posting that Magical said the Paul trade was gonna happen.

Soul Bro alerted me because I was on suspension at the time.

I immediately called my source who said adamantly "NO"!!!...The trade is not happening.

I called Soul Bro and told him to post it...he did...but nobody paid any attention to it.

You can go back and look up that thread if you wish...it was on draft night.

As far as this thread I haven't made any predictions...just stating that Otis loves Jameer and would have a hard time giving him up.

The Reverned can vouch for my source because he knows who it is.

One day I'll tell all...

quote:

But you are also a Magic fan. Maybe CP3 is drooling at the thought of playing in the big apple with Amare and Melo....it's already been rumored. We don't really know what he's thinking. It doesn't matter who he wants most anyways, it's up to the Hornets. They could say **** you to Paul and trade him to the Timberwolves for all we know.

I really don't see that as an option. No non-contending team is going to trade for Chris Paul, knowing he doesn't wish to play there, only to have him leave in 2 years. If he gets traded, it'll be to a team Paul wants, or the trade itself is pointless.

i don't understand NY from a championship standpoint. David West is as good as Amare. Amare is pretty much all NY has right now and their history in the past few years is just terrible.

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

i don't understand NY from a championship standpoint. David West is as good as Amare. Amare is pretty much all NY has right now and their history in the past few years is just terrible.

It sounds as if Amare, Melo, and Paul have been talking to each other just like the three in Miami were before that went down. I'm not saying New York is his best option, but it's obvious that he wants to go there. Not sure why, if they don't get Melo...they are not much better than the Hornets were like you said.

quote:
It sounds as if Amare, Melo, and Paul have been talking to each other just like the three in Miami were before that went down. I'm not saying New York is his best option, but it's obvious that he wants to go there. Not sure why, if they don't get Melo...they are not much better than the Hornets were like you said.

Didnt you learn anything from previous experience? If the 3 want to go there, they WILL go there. No one can stop them.

trading for paul would likely leave new york bare.

hypothetical worst case scenario (we trade all of our assets that we could possibly trade)

we have a roster of

Paul-JJ-Q-Lewis-Dwight

Duhon-Posey-Robinson-Okafor-Okafor

That team is still one of the better teams in the east.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

how does it sound like that at all? Melo is no lock to even leave Denver. Show me where Paul has even had any contact with Amar'e.

so the knicks think they're going to get paul so they can form their very own super team with melo....but they won't be taking okafor because that hurts their cap space and they won't be giving up gallo because they think he's going to be a super amazing player. they also think curry's expiring is the bee's knees of expirings that the hornets could get.

at least, that's what i'm gathering from that fan base.

Realistically Jameer is 30 and despite having a big heart will start losing what athleticism he has fairly soon. If you think he is a defensive liability now wait until he is 33 years old. He needs to be moved while he is worth offering to a club. If Otis turns Paul down and does his "I like this team the way it is" or "Chris Paul is fools gold" routine he should be run out of town and given all the cat calls he would deserve for not bringing a championship to the highest salaried team in the NBA. Otis, the pressure is on....will you just get this done for god sakes!