Sign in to follow this  
dirt7728

Paul wants out (with link)

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

I'm still having trouble figuring out how the heck NY gets Paul. Can somebody give a somewhat decent trade proposal to consider from NY if I'm Demps?

They can't... simple as that. As their roster currently stands they would have to get a third team involved to take Okafor or they would have to gut their team to take on both CP3 and Okafor. They could wait until Raymond Felton is eligible to be traded on December 15, but CP3 will be in a Magic uniform by then.

I like how becuase Chris Paul gave them a list of teams that it is assumed they will trade him their, if im a gm, I could care less where the spoiled superstar wants to go, what the heck do I owe him? I look for the best offer and go at it that way. However im not a GM, so heres to them caving and giving the Magic a fighting chance against the "Trinity"

I'm not sure, and I'm too lazy to crunch the numbers but NY has got the Curry expiring and then I read they have that Randolph kid from LSU who might excite the locals who I don't think can be traded right away anyway? I don't know.

What has me thinking is. Chris Paul has a mega deal and then they probably want you to take Okafor who has another mega deal so that's a lot of salary that has to go both ways. It seems impossible for a team to just be able to purely trade for Paul with expiring contracts, at least I don't know a team that has that much money in expiring contracts. So you would think to facilitate a trade a player on a medium sized contract with youth and potential the interests the Hornet would have to be included somewhere to at the very least make the money work. Could that be Gortat? I doubt it but some people might think so.

What about portland? they would have to trade like 5 players plus 1 draft just to get cp3 and okafer! plus why would they send him to the west? when they can send paul to the magic! I think we have the better parts to make a deal!

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

you guys are forgetting that this is the eastern conference. paul + stoudemire would be enough to at least make the playoffs here.

These are the same two guys that have combined to play in 78% of a full schedule for the last five years, right? At that rate, they would each play 64 games next year.

What does NY's W-L record look like with both Paul & Stat missing 18 games each?

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

People seem to forget that this was being floated around WELL before any media picked it up.

(Also want to give props to SmackDaddy, who was another person talking about this at the trade deadline).

Any way to resurrect my comments from that thread? I'm sure they still apply.

New York only dreams of having a suitable package for NO. They just don't. They do have good pizza though... Knicks fans need to realize they have one player and a group of guys who made a twenty win club. There isnt anything for them to offer and unless Jerry West heads to New Orleans to gm for David Stern they arent giving away Paul for Javarius Crittenton and a late first (not that that was a one sided trade or anything manipulated by West and Stern but thats anothert story).

NY is out of the picture period in my eyes. Only Knicks fans think they have anything to offer.

I really think, IF Paul gets traded, we have to be the frontrunners. We offer a very good package, a great landing place for Chris, and can take on Okafor/Posey. Plus, we're in the East, which should account for something.

quote:

I really think, IF Paul gets traded, we have to be the frontrunners. We offer a very good package, a great landing place for Chris, and can take on Okafor/Posey. Plus, we're in the East, which should account for something.

Right. Not only is Portland in the west, but they'd have to gut their roster to muster enough salaries to trade for Paul and another big contract. I can't see them gutting a playoff team when they've already got Andre Miller in place. And we can definitely offer a better package than New York but would New Orleans want to help the rich get richer by sending Paul to Orlando?

quote:
Originally posted by elephant27:

quote:

Right. Not only is Portland in the west, but they'd have to gut their roster to muster enough salaries to trade for Paul and another big contract. I can't see them gutting a playoff team when they've already got Andre Miller in place. And we can definitely offer a better package than New York but would New Orleans want to help the rich get richer by sending Paul to Orlando?

portland would essentially have paul-wes matthews-roy-aldridge-camby with a very thin bench.

would new orleans want two injury prone centers though?