Sign in to follow this  
dirt7728

Paul wants out (with link)

so i only read pages 1-7, 10, and 14. This is what i get for having a social life. I dont know if this was posted yet...

Bynum is pretty much untradable right now due to this: Status Alert:

The Lakers confirmed Monday that Bynum will undergo minor knee surgery on July 28, the team's official site reports. (Jul 20)

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

Any deal with Paul would involve us taking back Posey AND Okafor.

Get that through your head people.

We need to ship out 27 million.

Nope.

Their chance to dump posey on us died when our TPE expired

Not gonna happen

you do realize that when dealing with contract totals nearing 26 million, 125% of that would be almost enough to grab posey too.

we would just have to throw in another million minimum in the deal to make it work.

quote:

Any deal for Paul is gonna hurt RDV (a lot) and weaken us at another position. The only way for it not to is a multiple team deal.

If its Okafor+Paul = Gortat+VC:

*We would have Paul/Nelson and Duhon at PG and Howard and Okafor at C. Which obviously isn't going to work. We'd have the most expensive bench in the history of sports and all committed for 2-4 yrs.

*Plus does NOLA really think Gortat is their future C. I don't think they do; he's a nice piece but not really someone you build around. If they're slashing payroll to rebuild next summer, Gortat's salary is by no means reasonable and they'd be committed to him for at least 4 more yrs. I don't think this works for either team.

If its Paul + Okafor = Carter + Nelson:

The Magic would again be stuck with an expensive back up that we would have to trade quickly and with that contract doubtful. NOLA in this trade gets a good PG in return and a big expiring. But they already have Collison so unless they think last year was a fluke then they don't need Nelson. This is better than the first trade but still not really that great for either team.

If its Paul + Okafor + Posey = Carter + Nelson + Gortat:

NOLA gets three solid assets in an expiring and two valuable trade assets if they choose to go w/ Collison and/or they want to flip Gortat. The Magic would still be saddled with Okafor's contract and also Posey's contract. This is probably the deal that NOLA would want but it is a very steep price for the Magic

Does this lineup win a trophy? :

Paul/Duhon

JJ/Pietrus

Q/Pietrus/Posey

Lewis/Anderson/Bass

Howard/Okafor/Orton

*buries his head in his hands*

You gotta be kidding me here. I had JUST gotten back to reality, a reality without CP3 in a Magic uniform... and now this!? Strangely enough this just feels like it has more legs to it than the first time.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/t...hine?tradeId=28l47og

or:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/t...hine?tradeId=2aanqqh

Get 'er done, Otiz~!

(I refuse to get TOO excited this time.. I will keep an eye out though. Glad this rumor came out, if for no other reason than the board was slowing to a crawl.)

quote:
Originally posted by ezzzp:

quote:

Any deal for Paul is gonna hurt RDV (a lot) and weaken us at another position. The only way for it not to is a multiple team deal.

If its Okafor+Paul = Gortat+VC:

*We would have Paul/Nelson and Duhon at PG and Howard and Okafor at C. Which obviously isn't going to work. We'd have the most expensive bench in the history of sports and all committed for 2-4 yrs.

*Plus does NOLA really think Gortat is their future C. I don't think they do; he's a nice piece but not really someone you build around. If they're slashing payroll to rebuild next summer, Gortat's salary is by no means reasonable and they'd be committed to him for at least 4 more yrs. I don't think this works for either team.

If its Paul + Okafor = Carter + Nelson:

The Magic would again be stuck with an expensive back up that we would have to trade quickly and with that contract doubtful. NOLA in this trade gets a good PG in return and a big expiring. But they already have Collison so unless they think last year was a fluke then they don't need Nelson. This is better than the first trade but still not really that great for either team.

If its Paul + Okafor + Posey = Carter + Nelson + Gortat:

NOLA gets three solid assets in an expiring and two valuable trade assets if they choose to go w/ Collison and/or they want to flip Gortat. The Magic would still be saddled with Okafor's contract and also Posey's contract. This is probably the deal that NOLA would want but it is a very steep price for the Magic

Does this lineup win a trophy? :

Paul/Duhon

JJ/Pietrus

Q/Pietrus/Posey

Lewis/Anderson/Bass

Howard/Okafor/Orton

yes that lineup wins a trophy.

I really have no idea how other teams view our players. If there's one downfall to being a hardcore fan it's that you lose your ability to look at players from a casual point of view. example: knicks fans laugh at our signing of duhon; we look at the signing as a success. we get a good teammate/player who could start for an injury/guy with long arms who can defend.

So this brings us to Gortat. We see him as a talented oaf. A center who can run the court and play good defense. He's a guy who will more than likely fumble your pass out of bounds or get suspended for a few games for running onto the court from off of the bench after a crazy dunk.

Do other teams look at him as a capable starting Center? I have no idea. It's what we've heard from some sources but who really knows at this point. Its funny how, after this offseason, gortat's contract is now a bargain.

The idea behind new orleans trading for nelson is they would be able to platoon at the point guard spot. They would pay both guys combined 9 million/year so its financially understandable.

You keep a smart, veteran, good teammate point guard on the team to teach collison. Jameer expires when Collison is due for his payday.

also, i second the notion that JJ can start next to Paul (in most cases. Still would rather not have him on Wade). JJ next to Nelson wouldn't be in the team's best interest.

Holy ****, this makes me so happy you don't understand. CP3 in Orlando would be a gigantic step towards a championship.

I wonder if NO would be interested in a three man deal sending Gilbert to NO, Vince to the Wiz, and Chris Paul to the blue and white.

Why are people replying that looks like a novel. I don't wanna read 500 words and you shouldn't either. Do something with your life that matters because in the end when chris paul isn't here you are going to look like a fool. You typed all of the for nothing

quote:
Originally posted by paul.kennedy:

Do something with your life that matters

says the person who also chooses to spend time, during an ungodly hour of the night, on an online message board discussing where grown men might be transferring. Men who none of us have ever met.

So yeah, maybe it doesn't "matter" but since we're all here lets at least give it 100%, post like we're forming a thesis or discussing politics or philosophy, and cover all angles/sources/facts/opinions.

quote:

Why are people replying that looks like a novel. I don't wanna read 500 words and you shouldn't either. Do something with your life that matters because in the end when chris paul isn't here you are going to look like a fool. You typed all of the for nothing

You're the moron. I am laughing at you for thinking VC for Arenas is an awesome trade.

Short enough for you, hot-stuff?

quote:

Mr Kennedy, may I inquire what you hope to gain with your special brand of disparaging cynicism? There are few better things to do in the offseason than hopeful speculation but, clearly, posting pharisaical comments on a message board is your idea of 'doing something with your life that matters?'

quote:

Hey guys. I know its my 1st post but i just heard on 740am the game about the magic proposing a deal that would send carter to the wizards for gilbert arenas and a future 1st round pick. They said that earlier in the offseason it was wizards who 1st proposed to orlando but otis laughed at it. Well now otis has a change of heart according to them and is willing to do it. They said a 3rd team is interested in the trade that could send gortat also. This is paraphrasing what they said. "Word around magic front office is that otis has been approved on spending since they matched redicks offer from the bulls. That wasn't the case a couple days before the draft. The devos family was hesitant on spending and that is the reason on otis declining the original gilbert for vince trade because they didn't want the extra years and money added on to their payroll. The trade is being finalized and could be done by tomorrow but a 3rd team is interested that could move gortat and push the trade to be done by end of the week."

What are your thoughts guys. Is this good for orlando or bad. Who might be the 3rd team