Sign in to follow this  
ManuGinobili

FIBA World Championship 2010

Watching this makes me wish that we had at a chance at getting Rudy Gay. He has a very smooth style of play would have been a great asset for the team this year.

However, if this is the USA's "B" team - its going to be dangerous to see what could happen if we combine parts of our A team with our B team.

Brazil is looking pretty good right now, will be interesting to see how this young team responds. Durant and Rose take over thats my guess. USA wins but its by less than 10.

yeah i love what Rudy could be if he has something to play for. He has the length to guard finesse PF's and the quickness to play SG. Big time scorer.

I believe USA will win the gold and go undefeated. They are really starting to gel together. That 1 point Spain game was scary, but I think they are leaps and bounds better chemistry wise since that game.

Team USA offense is difficult to watch. They either need to utilize more movement or more shooters. Looks like those guys are playing a pick up game most of the time. When coach K puts the ball in Billups hands with Rose or Westbrook & Iguadala on the wings, USA might as well be playing 3 on 5. Really don't understand logic of running Dantoni's system w/o shooters. Said it in the Fran thread, but the backcourt does not compliment each very well at all.

Team USA offense is difficult to watch. They either need to utilize more movement or more shooters. Looks like those guys are playing a pick up game most of the time. When coach K puts the ball in Billups hands with Rose or Westbrook & Iguadala on the wings, USA might as well be playing 3 on 5. Really don't understand logic of running Dantoni's system w/o shooters. Said it in the Fran thread, but the backcourt does not compliment each very well at all.

yeah, they needed to limit the number of point guards on roster, get some more shooters like korver or JJ, and a legit center.

Bill Simmons agrees. JJ should have been invited to the tryouts.

Spain 1-2, didnt see this coming...

Maybe the absence of Pau Gasol was a larger hit than expected.

I think it's generally difficult to consistently play your hardest when this tournament doesn't really matter. USA can out talent many of these teams but the games have been close due to not playing hard. Spain is the same way. They can out talent most of these teams but when you have the European league starting up pretty soon, the NBA season starting up pretty soon, and leadership of your national team saying "eh, this isn't important enough for me to be involved with" you aren't going to get 100% out of your team.

Angola just defeated Germany 92-88 (overtime)!!

:bigparty:

Our SF, Olimpio Cipriano dropped 30 points, he's amazing, resembles Mickael Pietrus a lot in his game.

That German PF/C is scary though, 7'0'' 7/12 from 3pt.

I'd like Angola to win against Australia, but I wouldn't mind a loss at all. That way we would find the USA in the last 16, and it's a much bigger chance to show our talents to the world.

I'd like Angola to win against Australia, but I wouldn't mind a loss at all. That way we would find the USA in the last 16, and it's a much bigger chance to show our talents to the world.

Im Australian and seriously you guys can win this next game! I really do not want to see my team get completely owned by USA. Good to see Angola get over Germany, but to be fair the German team has been terrible this World Championships.

Germany has ups and downs. They defeated Serbia, who finished first in the group, who has beaten Argentina and totally smashed Angola.

It's kinda strange, actually.

Congratulations on your victory, btw. Although we rested our best/2nd best player (Olimpio Cipriano) for the next match. Good Luck with Slovenia, it's gonna be tough.

USA HERE WE COME!!

Germany has ups and downs. They defeated Serbia, who finished first in the group, who has beaten Argentina and totally smashed Angola.

It's kinda strange, actually.

Congratulations on your victory, btw. Although we rested our best/2nd best player (Olimpio Cipriano) for the next match. Good Luck with Slovenia, it's gonna be tough.

USA HERE WE COME!!

Was not the best game, bit scrappy and with Cipriano and Anderson out for both teams you could see it wasn't going to be a great game to watch.

Now go and upset those yanks! I think Slovenia will dispose of us Aussies quickly, but hey maybe not... there has been wierder outcomes so far through out this tournament...

And I completely forgot about Germany defeating Serbia (even with out Kristic thats still a big win) I think Serbia was by far the strongest team in the pool besides that one hiccup game.

Was not the best game, bit scrappy and with Cipriano and Anderson out for both teams you could see it wasn't going to be a great game to watch.

Now go and upset those yanks! I think Slovenia will dispose of us Aussies quickly, but hey maybe not... there has been wierder outcomes so far through out this tournament...

And I completely forgot about Germany defeating Serbia (even with out Kristic thats still a big win) I think Serbia was by far the strongest team in the pool besides that one hiccup game.

Yup, Argentina doesn't seem to have the right mindset. Scola is a big stud, though.

It would be funny if Angola upset USA but that's just not going to happen, they will be champs easily IMO.

Slovenia is tough and Dragic is my newest man-crush but I'd enjoy an Australian win because I don't know anyone from Slovenia and I have lots of Aussie friends in this forum.