Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

B. Bass w/ some quotes for Magic management, "AGAIN"(Povtak)

I think Bass is doomed for the same role as last year. He doesn't fit the system and he's dumb as a rock. He's a liability on defense, which is one of the main reasons Otis signed him. He should have never signed here. I like Ryan Anderson a million times more anyway. So does Stan, apparently.

As far as a trade goes, I doubt there's going to be a one for one swap involving Bass this year. If he goes, it'll probably be in package of some sort. I'd love to get a young athletic wing in the mold of a Courtney Lee or someone similar in exchange for him, but I'm not holding my breath. I suspect Van Gundy will only reconfirm his previous thoughts this season and come to the conclusion that this guy is a waste in this system.

I love him. He has a great attitude and work ethic, but I don't see him playing that much here while we have Rashard and Ryan A.

quote:
Originally posted by Section 229:

I think Bass is doomed for the same role as last year. He doesn't fit the system and he's dumb as a rock. He's a liability on defense, which is one of the main reasons Otis signed him. He should have never signed here. I like Ryan Anderson a million times more anyway. So does Stan, apparently.

As far as a trade goes, I doubt there's going to be a one for one swap involving Bass this year. If he goes, it'll probably be in package of some sort. I'd love to get a young athletic wing in the mold of a Courtney Lee or someone similar in exchange for him, but I'm not holding my breath. I suspect Van Gundy will only reconfirm his previous thoughts this season and come to the conclusion that this guy is a waste in this system.

I love him. He has a great attitude and work ethic, but I don't see him playing that much here while we have Rashard and Ryan A.

but he hustles and gives you toughness. he is a decent rebounder and he doesnt crowd d howard. he has a good shot, and he can post. he doesnt get enough credit for his d. in the la game he played lamar odom well and even blocked his shot, while giving up several inches to him. the guy has game. its the coaches job to develop a guy, but nothing develops a person more than time and confidence. so sometimes in the regular season just allowing him to play without the fear of being yanked, would do wonders.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by KandiKane:

I do not think his comments were that bad. Heck he said what most of us thought about game 6 with Boston.

What he did would've gotten him fired from pretty much any job in America.

Try going outside the workings of your entire company to publicly voice a complaint about your boss in a transparent attempt to get a better position in your company via publicly embarrassing your superiors, and then you can come tell the rest of us about all the unemployment checks you've been cashing.

EXACTLY!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by KandiKane:

I do not think his comments were that bad. Heck he said what most of us thought about game 6 with Boston.

What he did would've gotten him fired from pretty much any job in America.

Try going outside the workings of your entire company to publicly voice a complaint about your boss in a transparent attempt to get a better position in your company via publicly embarrassing your superiors, and then you can come tell the rest of us about all the unemployment checks you've been cashing.

EXACTLY!!!

You really can't even use regular business as an example though. Professional sports in the one aspect of business where athletes get away with everything short of murder with virtually no consequences.

The worst case scenario in all of this is Bass gets traded and I don't think that will break his heart.

quote:

I was just responding to the "What he said was like, totally ok!" argument.

Right, I saw that. I just don't think you can compare the two because the criteria for what is acceptable is completely different. You are right, if Bass had made similar comments in the private sector, he probably would be fired. However, in the NBA, what he said was fairly normal and nothing that he, and dozens of other players, haven't said in the past.