Sign in to follow this  
patport21

BREAKING: Matt Barnes to Lakers (PG. 16)

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by Chase:

I would have had so much respect for Matt if he actually said what he was going to do and get a decent contract like the toronto oe for example.

But this is just low

**** YOU MATT BARNES **** YOU

He tried, and it didn't work out. Not really his fault, is it?

Yes! Frowner Now No more "MATT BARNES WILL KILL YOU" T's

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

I would have had so much respect for Matt if he actually said what he was going to do and get a decent contract like the toronto oe for example.

But this is just low

**** YOU MATT BARNES **** YOU

He tried, and it didn't work out. Not really his fault, is it?

Yes! Frowner Now No more "MATT BARNES WILL KILL YOU" T's

Yes? It's his fault that the Raptors organization is functionally retarded?

He did have an offer to go to Cleveland, but would you want that? Playing for a team trying to find it's way after losing "the greatest player on the planet"? Also, they're in Cleveland.

We didn't choose Chris Duhon over Barnes. We chose Quentin Richardson over Barnes.

Can't wait to see how he showboats when we play LA. I imagine him doing an air karate chop in front of Dwight's face and all the Lakers fans praising his so-called intensity. Of course, they will also be bragging about how they "stole" him from us.

Meanwhile, he averages 4ppg,3rpg and 50 tweets a night.

Apparently Barnes did turn down the money. Just found this

"Matt Barnes was looking at $7 million over 2 seasons for Cleveland or a chance to win a championship in his home state with the Lakers."

Well we all know what he chose. BTW Matt if you hadn't opted out your chances were just as good with the Magic and you would have kept more of the money. Oh well your choice.

http://www.hotcappers.com/4864...going-to-the-lakers/

quote:
Originally posted by Ghost of Bison Dele:

Can't wait to see how he showboats when we play LA. I imagine him doing an air karate chop in front of Dwight's face and all the Lakers fans praising his so-called intensity. Of course, they will also be bragging about how they "stole" him from us.

Meanwhile, he averages 4ppg,3rpg and 50 tweets a night.

LMFAO

I said it and I say again. Orlando has some serious "incapability" in keeping/signing/trading/attracting important players.

- Shaq

- McGrady

- Paul

- Barnes

- Ariza

- Duncan

- Hill

I mean, I dont think its entirely the organization fault (see Hill and TMac for example). But this is now more than a trend. How is it that we dont lure FAs (Paul, Duncan) like Riley does? Why some good role players (Hill, Barnes) think they will have more chances to win the title in other squad?

The only good news for this team in it history came through the draft (Shaq, Dwight, Jameer). We have plain SUCKED in FA (Lewis unbelievable contract, not getting Timmy D., G.Hill fiasco), the one time we did hit it the player left after 4 seasons (McGrady), we gave away some amazing talent without knowing it (Ben Wallace or Billups) and our trades were mostly dissapointing (except when we got Ariza, and of course, we giftwrapped him to LA, who just by chance, beat us in the Finals).

We never had a Garnett/Gasol/LeBron steal. We never had players taking paycuts to play in our team. This is ****ed up.

One user is right, though. "God (and our GMs) hates Magic fans"

quote:
Originally posted by ManuGinobili:

I said it and I say again. Orlando has some serious "incapability" in keeping/signing/trading/attracting important players.

- Shaq

- McGrady

- Paul

- Barnes

- Ariza

- Duncan

- Hill

I mean, I dont think its entirely the organization fault (see Hill and TMac for example). But this is now more than a trend. How is it that we dont lure FAs (Paul, Duncan) like Riley does? Why some good role players (Hill, Barnes) think they will have more chances to win the title in other squad?

The only good news for this team in it history came through the draft (Shaq, Dwight, Jameer). We have plain SUCKED in FA (Lewis unbelievable contract, not getting Timmy D., G.Hill fiasco), the one time we did hit it the player left after 4 seasons (McGrady), we gave away some amazing talent without knowing it (Ben Wallace or Billups) and our trades were mostly dissapointing (except when we got Ariza, and of course, we giftwrapped him to LA, who just by chance, beat us in the Finals).

We never had a Garnett/Gasol/LeBron steal. We never had players taking paycuts to play in our team. This is ****ed up.

First off, the Lakers have a long and glorious history in the league, Orlando is 20 years old.

Shaq wanted to play for the Lakers. Period. There was nothing Orlando could have done differently to change his mind, so I'm not sure how you could fault the team for that.

McGrady was traded. Coincidentally, he was targeted as a free agent and brought to this team to blossom, so he should actually be viewed as a positive move. Nice try though.

Paul? You have Chris Paul on this list? Why? Is he actually available? Was he available, and Otis failed to bring him here while we watched him go to the Nicks and make them a better team? There are rumors he wants out. There are rumors of conversations with Orlando, and there are rumors that Orlando is number two on his list. Again, wouldn't that be a positive for the team?

Barnes is a cheap role player who went looking for a big payday only to find he was already getting paid what he was worth. Apparently the team decided Q-Rish was a better fit, and they moved on. Not a big deal. Again, role player.

Ariza was traded (bad trade, sure, but traded), we had no problems "keeping" him here.

Duncan is the ONE guy on this list that Orlando made a big effort to get here and failed. He ended up sticking it out in San Antonio out of loyalty. Interestingly enough, Orlando was trying to do what Miami just did (Hill, T-Mac, and Duncan). They made a play for him, but he was loyal to the Spurs.

Hill didn't want to take a back seat to Hedo, so he left. It was the best move for Orlando, to bring Hill off the bench, and the best move for Hill to look elsewhere if he wanted starting minutes. Not a bad thing for the team.

We didn't give up Billups and Wallace to get McGrady. We gave up Wallace and Billups to get Hill, T-Mac, and a shot at Duncan as well. Get it right.

Your attempt to paint the organization in a massively negative light fails even more than you think the organization fails.

quote:
Originally posted by ManuGinobili:

- Shaq

- McGrady

- Paul

- Barnes

- Ariza

- Duncan

- Hill

I can't believe that letting Matt Barnes go stirs up this kind of reaction from anyone.

Seriously?? Matt Barnes on the same list as Shaq and T-Mac?? Yeah,ok.

quote:
First off, the Lakers have a long and glorious history in the league, Orlando is 20 years old.

Shaq wanted to play for the Lakers. Period. There was nothing Orlando could have done differently to change his mind, so I'm not sure how you could fault the team for that.

McGrady was traded. Coincidentally, he was targeted as a free agent and brought to this team to blossom, so he should actually be viewed as a positive move. Nice try though.

Paul? You have Chris Paul on this list? Why? Is he actually available? Was he available, and Otis failed to bring him here while we watched him go to the Nicks and make them a better team? There are rumors he wants out. There are rumors of conversations with Orlando, and there are rumors that Orlando is number two on his list. Again, wouldn't that be a positive for the team?

Barnes is a cheap role player who went looking for a big payday only to find he was already getting paid what he was worth. Apparently the team decided Q-Rish was a better fit, and they moved on. Not a big deal. Again, role player.

Ariza was traded (bad trade, sure, but traded), we had no problems "keeping" him here.

Duncan is the ONE guy on this list that Orlando made a big effort to get here and failed. He ended up sticking it out in San Antonio out of loyalty. Interestingly enough, Orlando was trying to do what Miami just did (Hill, T-Mac, and Duncan). They made a play for him, but he was loyal to the Spurs.

Hill didn't want to take a back seat to Hedo, so he left. It was the best move for Orlando, to bring Hill off the bench, and the best move for Hill to look elsewhere if he wanted starting minutes. Not a bad thing for the team.

We didn't give up Billups and Wallace to get McGrady. We gave up Wallace and Billups to get Hill, T-Mac, and a shot at Duncan as well. Get it right.

Your attempt to paint the organization in a massively negative light fails even more than you think the organization fails.

Your reading comprehension is so bad that its almost like you are a kid.

1- Your whole "Lakers are traditional team" vanishes when you look what the Miami Heat have accomplished in such a short existence.

2- I said "The one time we DID HIT IT, the player left after 4 seasons", that was McGrady. So dont tell me I didnt mark it as an accomplishment or a positive. Actually, it was precisely what I meant there.

3- I never said we gave up McGrady for Billups and Wallace. I said "we gave away some amazing talent without knowing it" after the sentece that put a positive note on the McGrady thing. If you haven't learned it already, a COMMA can be used to separate statements from each other. I dont have to get anything right there.

4- We gave up Wallace and ATKINS for Hill on that trade. YOU get that right, schmuk.

If you dare showing up trying to highlight your minimal IQ, then at least get your fact rights, or learn how to read. Therefore, I won't have to DESTROY you again.