Sign in to follow this  
patport21

BREAKING: Matt Barnes to Lakers (PG. 16)

Yeeesh, that came out of left field.

If this offseason has taught me anything, it's that I value 'sources' even less than I did before. LeBron's decision, Duhon, Q-Rich, and now Barnes to Toronto. May as well just quit the internet.

Well, good luck to ya, Mad Barnes.

quote:
Nxt season I will b playing for the Toronto Raptors. I wanted to thank the fans in orl you guys were amazing the way u guys excepted My family & I and the tremendous support you showed the team. Wish things could have went down alil different but thx for everything. B EZ!! 5 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
Originally posted by Noonskadoodle17:

wow what a loser

Why, because he actually wanted to receive one decent paycheck before his knees went out on him? He opted out to make more money and that's what he is going to do. Why should I begrudge him a decent sized salary after working his tail off to get where he is now?

I swear, posts like yours make me ashamed to be a sports fan. We are a bunch of ungrateful jerks.

In a sports era where chronic underachievers like Antone Walker & Eddy Curry post career earnings of over 100 mill and are dead broke...

Where scrubs like Beno Udrich & Marco Jaric parlay half a productive season into 35 million dollar contracts...

I find it refreshing to see a hard working player EARN some long term financial security for himself and his family.

quote:

quote:

quote:

wow what a loser

Why, because he actually wanted to receive one decent paycheck before his knees went out on him? He opted out to make more money and that's what he is going to do. Why should I begrudge him a decent sized salary after working his tail off to get where he is now?

I swear, posts like yours make me ashamed to be a sports fan. We are a bunch of ungrateful jerks.

It was a joke towards the Raptors team.......you moron

I sincerely doubt that. No one would describe the Bucks by saying "what a loser" as a reaction to the Drew Gooden signing. You would, however, use that wording to describe a player that you used to like that just signed with another team.

However, if you were in fact talking about the Raptors, it would help if you elaborate just a little more if you don't want someone to react to it. "Wow, what a loser" doesn't exactly say anything and it certainly doesn't constitute a joke.

quote:

quote:

wow what a loser

Wow!! Emory889, you had become a better man and I tip my hat to you

quote:
Originally posted by Rodriguez:

quote:

quote:

wow what a loser

Wow!! Emory889, you had become a better man and I tip my hat to you

Well thanks man! I'm not sure if I've become a better person or not but I can always use a compliment!

quote:

quote:

wow what a loser

Woah woah woah buddy. I like the passion.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

wow what a loser

It was a joke towards the Raptors team.......you moron

I sincerely doubt that. No one would describe the Bucks by saying "what a loser" as a reaction to the Drew Gooden signing. You would, however, use that wording to describe a player that you used to like that just signed with another team.

However, if you were in fact talking about the Raptors, it would help if you elaborate just a little more if you don't want someone to react to it. "Wow, what a loser" doesn't exactly say anything and it certainly doesn't constitute a joke.

Yea I get what you are saying, but it really was towards the raptors because they will arguably be one of the worst teams next year. Plus Barnes was my second fav player on the team last year and I guess I was kinda just saying he better get used to LOSING.

quote:
Originally posted by Bucktown:

Wow!

And by Wow I mean, Wow he's going to be on ONE team for more than ONE year?

Unless the 2nd year is a team option...