Sign in to follow this  
patport21

BREAKING: Matt Barnes to Lakers (PG. 16)

Per Yahoo...

2 year 9 mil.

quote:
WojYahooNBA Matt Barnes is near agreement on a two-year, $9 million deal with Toronto, with a player option for year two, a league source tells Y!

quote:
Originally posted by Noonskadoodle17:

wow what a loser

Why, because he actually wanted to receive one decent paycheck before his knees went out on him? He opted out to make more money and that's what he is going to do. Why should I begrudge him a decent sized salary after working his tail off to get where he is now?

I swear, posts like yours make me ashamed to be a sports fan. We are a bunch of ungrateful jerks.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

quote:
Originally posted by Noonskadoodle17:

wow what a loser

Why, because he actually wanted to receive one decent paycheck before his knees went out on him? He opted out to make more money and that's what he is going to do. Why should I begrudge him a decent sized salary after working his tail off to get where he is now?

I swear, posts like yours make me ashamed to be a sports fan. We are a bunch of ungrateful jerks.

It was a joke towards the Raptors team.......you moron

Emory nailed it. He has been very upfront in his desire to be paid. Toronto could use someone like him. They need a little toughness.

I wish Matt all the best in Toronto.

I am glad he gets to make some decent cash. I don't begrudge him at all. The shelf life of a top athlete is very short and he has to make the most of it.

Good luck Matt.