Sign in to follow this  
paul.kennedy

magic proposes VC for gilbert trade. deal done by this week!?!?

I think what people have to realize is that Dwight is the franchise. He turned this team around into a title contender. Other guys have helped further the process, but at center stage is Dwight. The DPOY. The athletic freak. The smiling kid who wants to win.

VC hasn't done anything for this franchise yet. If anything, he brought alot of expectations that he failed to live up to. He replaced whether we like to admit it or not, a key piece to our team. He also was supposed to add a dimension to this squad that it sorely lacks. Someone who can take the offensive pressure and score in bunches in crunch time. He failed. Simple as that.

Was it a mental thing? Are his abilities simply diminishing due to age? Did he not give his 100% due to being on a team capable of covering up his mistakes?

Who knows? Maybe it's 1 of those, maybe it's all of the above, maybe it's none. All we know is Vince is not the guy that will get us over the hump. Unless he finds the fountain of youth, it ain't happening. I wish it would.

And this isn't a knock on Vince the person. He is a GREAT guy. Appears to be a dynamite teammate. Very caring and helps his community in many ways. Separate that from Vince the basketball player and you will be able to analyze him a bit better without feeling too guilty about saying something negative.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

I think what people have to realize is that Dwight is the franchise. He turned this team around into a title contender. Other guys have helped further the process, but at center stage is Dwight. The DPOY. The athletic freak. The smiling kid who wants to win.

VC hasn't done anything for this franchise yet. If anything, he brought alot of expectations that he failed to live up to. He replaced whether we like to admit it or not, a key piece to our team. He also was supposed to add a dimension to this squad that it sorely lacks. Someone who can take the offensive pressure and score in bunches in crunch time. He failed. Simple as that.

Was it a mental thing? Are his abilities simply diminishing due to age? Did he not give his 100% due to being on a team capable of covering up his mistakes?

Who knows? Maybe it's 1 of those, maybe it's all of the above, maybe it's none. All we know is Vince is not the guy that will get us over the hump. Unless he finds the fountain of youth, it ain't happening. I wish it would.

And this isn't a knock on Vince the person. He is a GREAT guy. Appears to be a dynamite teammate. Very caring and helps his community in many ways. Separate that from Vince the basketball player and you will be able to analyze him a bit better without feeling too guilty about saying something negative.

I don't think I've ever agreed with a post more than I do with this one.

Well said Jareth.

quote:
Originally posted by Don:

whts half amile quoted comment mean?

It means that our dancers are friggin ugly

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

FYI, the Wizards have two first round picks next year - their pick and CLE's pick. Anybody think CLE will be a playoff team without Lebron?

I'm thinking 7th or 8th seed. They are still a decent team with Lebron.

quote:

FYI, the Wizards have two first round picks next year - their pick and CLE's pick. Anybody think CLE will be a playoff team without Lebron?

Depending on what they do the rest of the offseason, but I see them missing out this year... Maybe they'll play with a fire under them all season and hit 40 wins which may be enough in the East.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:

Holy smokes. Arenas has played 47 games combined the last 3 seasons. Well, if healthy he should be fresh.

Comparisons:

Zero - 18,170 career minutes

Wade - 20,415 career minutes

Joe Johnson - 27454 career minutes

VC - 33837 career minutes

Ray Allen - 41,910 career minutes

KJobe - 45,193 career minutes

Arenas may not have played as many minutes as those guys, but he still had to surgically repair a torn MCL. Shouldn't a significant injury like that be factored into an argument that determines the potential mileage of a player?

Yes and no. If he is unable to recover fully from that knee injury then it obviously counts towards his mileage. However, Grant Hill seems to have pretty young legs, and most people attribute that to the years he sat out with the ankle injury.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

VC hasn't done anything for this franchise yet.

No one apart from Dwight has, and it's sad. But we may get a ring this or the next year