Sign in to follow this  
paul.kennedy

magic proposes VC for gilbert trade. deal done by this week!?!?

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

WUT WY WISTS AND WACK WY WEYES

times like this makes me believe that daytona beach has been hit by laughing gas and that the wind is about to sweep it over orlando.

Bro if you don't smile and laugh whats the point bro it's about all and stuff.

you need mayo, your lack of mayonase diet has caught up to you somehow.

bro srsly juss top ur just spamming now

i think phase two of the nerve gas makes you spell everything like your a lolcat.

I think phase 3 involves me kissing you.

then i think phase 2.5 involves me taking my own life.

quote:

Did anyone else hear that? It was the sound of my heart breaking.

I just dont see Arenas coming here with his current contract in place unless Shard is going out to WAS. There is no way we trade an expiring for a long term Arenas deal. Now if he gets bought out I would love him here. But he would not be playing the sg spot, he would play the point.

I dont know what that means for Jameer...

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:

baby u weren't wasn't supposed to see that. Frowner

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:

baby u weren't wasn't supposed to see that. Frowner

hey this wasn't supposed to happen this way...

codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0"

height="385"

width="480"

>

value="transparent"

>

value="never"

>

name="movie"

/>

/>

/>

pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"

type="application/x-shockwave-flash"

allowScriptAccess="never"

height="385"

width="480"

src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITSx50fBHic&hl=en_US&fs=1"

/>

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

Wonder if the mods will spend the next 3 hours removing all off-topic remarks so that those of us that would like to talk basketball CAN FOR ONCE.

we can't, some of us started talking about how washed up vc is compared to arenas, to which arenas' contract is that horrible for what he may or may not bring with his prior injury issues, but we got blindsided by every vince fan calling us haters, i tried to argue the fair point of the fact that vince isn't bringing what we need to have at the offensive end, even though he has a great shot, but again was still yelled at, at this point cutestory started making passes at me.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

Carter is at least an expiring contract, which should become more valuable the closer we get to the trade deadling, while Gilbert has severl more years of some serious cash to be paid.

When Blackhennie was promoting the idea of acquiring Arenas, this is why I was more in favor of trading Shard, and using VC, Gortat, potentially Nelson to address PF & the Wing. Of course, that calls for an extreme makeover.

If this trade actually materialized, the Magic would take steps backwards defensively, & on the boards...getting smaller at both wing positions & losing the best backup C in the league. Orlando really would complete the transformation to Pheonix with Dwight.

This is an enormous IF, but...

What if the proposed deal to acquire Arenas was one deal that would setup a second deal sending Jameer/Gortat to Philly in exchange for Iggy and first rounder?

Arenas/Duhon/??(Jwill)

Redick/Pietrus

Iggy/QRich/Robinson

Shard/RA

Dwight/Bass/Orton

I only post this because I cannot see Otis bringing on an injury/financial liability in exchange for our single biggest trade asset, and then playing Arenas at the SG spot which weakens our rotation while also making me scratch my head about matching JJ.

and in actuality someone named 'chen dynasty' made a comment like yours on page 14:

quote:
1st post...this trade has me thinking. If washington is indeed willing to include their first round pick (high pick), otis might use it in a package with jameer and gortat along with our first round pick for chris paul. this enables us to put together a reasonable trade straight up for paul. so now, we take on arenas contract instead of okafors, which is much more logical to me. of course this hinges on NO accepting the trade. my 2 cents.

but as you can see, he went with the trade for arenas, then trade with the hornets route.

quote:

Wonder if the mods will spend the next 3 hours removing all off-topic remarks so that those of us that would like to talk basketball CAN FOR ONCE.

Unfortunately the VC alliance made it impossible to discuss the trade without defending him without using rationale.

quote:

quote:

Unfortunately the VC alliance made it impossible to discuss the trade without defending him without using rationale.

why don't you just restate everything i say?