Sign in to follow this  
paul.kennedy

magic proposes VC for gilbert trade. deal done by this week!?!?

So if Carter were to be traded does this mean that mont would go follow the wizards. I like the sound of that.

quote:
Originally posted by Ted Stickle:

quote:

WhaT??? Dude, Howard's FT shooting hurts the team!!! Sure, he draws TWICE as many fouls (really, 2.5x more) as Wincent does, and makes 2+ more free throws than Wincent, leading the team in eFG% by a lot AND TS% (which includes free throw shooting), but it's obviously hurting the team.

Oh yeah, let's not mention he also has nearly twice as many win shares as Wincent, which include more offensive win shares and 2x++ more for defensive win shares. Yeah, so what that if he led the league in FG%, rebounding, blocks, and 2nd in free throw attempts (which is much more than just shooting free throws, it puts guys in foul trouble as well). We should just talk about his poor FT shooting, which although is 24% less than Carter's percentage, he still makes more than Wincent per game.

So I don't know what's more pathetic... the fact that the VC fan boy is actually trying to make an argument for Howard HURTING the team (this is laughable) with his incredible foul drawing and poor FT shooting, or that the guy he worships more than Jesus ATTEMPTS less free throws a game than Howard makes.

Beautiful

i guess pee doesnt taste good in cereal! we just need to know who peed in yours?

quote:
Originally posted by mont:

quote:
Originally posted by Ted Stickle:

quote:

WhaT??? Dude, Howard's FT shooting hurts the team!!! Sure, he draws TWICE as many fouls (really, 2.5x more) as Wincent does, and makes 2+ more free throws than Wincent, leading the team in eFG% by a lot AND TS% (which includes free throw shooting), but it's obviously hurting the team.

Oh yeah, let's not mention he also has nearly twice as many win shares as Wincent, which include more offensive win shares and 2x++ more for defensive win shares. Yeah, so what that if he led the league in FG%, rebounding, blocks, and 2nd in free throw attempts (which is much more than just shooting free throws, it puts guys in foul trouble as well). We should just talk about his poor FT shooting, which although is 24% less than Carter's percentage, he still makes more than Wincent per game.

So I don't know what's more pathetic... the fact that the VC fan boy is actually trying to make an argument for Howard HURTING the team (this is laughable) with his incredible foul drawing and poor FT shooting, or that the guy he worships more than Jesus ATTEMPTS less free throws a game than Howard makes.

Beautiful

i guess pee doesnt taste good in cereal! we just need to know who peed in yours?

3g601097595.gif

Arenas' past history got me thinking. If he was to get into some kind of off court trouble, is there any precedent for being able to waive his salary from our payroll? Or paying him but it not counting against the cap? For example, if he was to go to jail.

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

BMP being accused of using big words and PEC recycling jokes. What bizzaro universe did I just step into?

oh wut just bc somehtims i type liek dias now im not smRT??????? yeh w/e bro

quote:
Originally posted by ucfknights22:

Arenas' past history got me thinking. If he was to get into some kind of off court trouble, is there any precedent for being able to waive his salary from our payroll? Or paying him but it not counting against the cap? For examplie, if he was to go to jail.

quote:
The language in the NBA's standard contract with players allows teams to void existing contracts if players engage in prohibited offseason activities, such as hang gliding and the like that are viewed as dangerous by the league, if players are convicted of or plead guilty to a felony crime, or if they engage in acts of "moral turpitude," generally defined as behavior that would be viewed as embarrassing for a company or employer if disclosed publicly.

In 1998, the Golden State Warriors terminated the remaining three years and $23.7 million remaining on the contract of guard Latrell Sprewell after Sprewell attempted to choke then-Warriors coach P.J. Carlesimo during an argument at practice. NBA Commissioner David Stern suspended Sprewell for a year, but after Sprewell took the case to arbitration, the arbitrator reduced the penalty from a calendar year to the remainder of the 1997-98 season and informed the Warriors that they could not terminate Sprewell's contract. Sprewell was ultimately traded to the Knicks.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/0...ds.arenas/index.html

This would be a desperate move who can screw us the next years.

I remember when Washinton plays better without Arenas. they look much better without him in regular season.

i remember how many injuries has is the last seasons. he can

quote:
Originally posted by ucfknights22:

Arenas' past history got me thinking. If he was to get into some kind of off court trouble, is there any precedent for being able to waive his salary from our payroll? Or paying him but it not counting against the cap? For example, if he was to go to jail.

That is why the Wiz were hoping he would go to jail because that is the only real way to void a contract.

It has to be really, really egregious to get it done because the players union will go ape sh!t.

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

So if Carter were to be traded does this mean that mont would go follow the wizards. I like the sound of that.

only slightly. im here to stay bro. but if your girlfriend goes somewhere consider me there. lol