Sign in to follow this  
paul.kennedy

magic proposes VC for gilbert trade. deal done by this week!?!?

As I said earlier in another post. Washington is just trying to save money. Buying out Gilbert is going to cost them 80+mil. If we trade VC and they buy him out it will only cost 15mil and we could get VC back with the vet min. They did this for Cleveland last year.

Plus we would get a first round pick...not bad.

To respond to someones post about not being able to resign Dwight that doesnt make sense. We will be able to go over the cap for Dwight since we will have bird rights and im sure by then we would dump Lewis's contract on someone else to sign another big name.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by paul.kennedy:

is there any way this could happen.

we agree to take arenas from them if they agree to buy him out. We pay him using our bae of 2 million. Then in return we send wizards pietrus. Its sorta like a sign an trade. Is that against any rules. Maybe otis is will to wait on gilbert because maybe he knows arenas is going to get bought out. Wall is amazing in summer league averaging 23 ppg and 7 assist. They don't need both wall and arenas.

Imagine if we trade pietrus

Nelson,duhon

Arena,redick

Lewis,richardson

Bass,anderson

Howard,gortat,orton

Anyone who posts summer league stats like they mean something is enormously ignorant. I think Wall will be a very good player, but that has nothing to do with his summer league stats.

And if Arenas is bought out, we'd have no reason to send ANYTHING to the Wizards. They would no longer have any claim to him at all.

Also, if he were bought out, someone with their MLE would give it to him.

But it's always fun when someone registers on the board to post a trade idea they had, and then claims they got it from a source no one can verify. I really need a stock "What, you think we were born yesterday?" Jpeg just for dealing with this sort of ish.

Yeah I hate those guys!

uhhhhhhh......

quote:
Originally posted by moldy_hobo:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by paul.kennedy:

is there any way this could happen.

we agree to take arenas from them if they agree to buy him out. We pay him using our bae of 2 million. Then in return we send wizards pietrus. Its sorta like a sign an trade. Is that against any rules. Maybe otis is will to wait on gilbert because maybe he knows arenas is going to get bought out. Wall is amazing in summer league averaging 23 ppg and 7 assist. They don't need both wall and arenas.

Imagine if we trade pietrus

Nelson,duhon

Arena,redick

Lewis,richardson

Bass,anderson

Howard,gortat,orton

Anyone who posts summer league stats like they mean something is enormously ignorant. I think Wall will be a very good player, but that has nothing to do with his summer league stats.

And if Arenas is bought out, we'd have no reason to send ANYTHING to the Wizards. They would no longer have any claim to him at all.

Also, if he were bought out, someone with their MLE would give it to him.

But it's always fun when someone registers on the board to post a trade idea they had, and then claims they got it from a source no one can verify. I really need a stock "What, you think we were born yesterday?" Jpeg just for dealing with this sort of ish.

Yeah I hate those guys!

uhhhhhhh......

Hey kberto

Someone just mentioned it. Why won't we trade vince carter for gilbert arenas then have washington buy vc out then we sign vince with the bae of 2 mil a year. Svg did say he wants to play redick and carter together more. Why don't u start arenas at sg and vince at sf

Nelson,duhon

Arenas,redick

Carter,richardson

Lewis,bass,anderson

Howard,gortat,orton

That's a beast lineup with 5 all stars in the starting lineup

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

I don't mind gambling on Arenas, but it's tough to project him to SG, especially next to Jameer.

I think the big fella in the middle will take care of the rest. VC is no defensive stud either. If I recall, Arenas is atleast more aggressive on the defensive end.

Jesus, Dwight would be in foul trouble every night trying to keep opponents out of the paint. That is a horrific defensive lineup.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

I don't mind gambling on Arenas, but it's tough to project him to SG, especially next to Jameer.

I think the big fella in the middle will take care of the rest. VC is no defensive stud either. If I recall, Arenas is atleast more aggressive on the defensive end.
Well we do not want the big fella fouling out in the first quarter but I agree that Gilbert at least puts forth some effort.

I don't mind the thought of it.

I'm just not feeling Vince. Factoring in the Gilbert/Otis relationship thats been mentioned here a couple of times. I dont mind the thought of it.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

Jesus, Dwight would be in foul trouble every night trying to keep opponents out of the paint. That is a horrific defensive lineup.

much better than Nelson/Evans/Hedo/Lewis/Dwight...oh...

I'd be OK with this one. Vince was so frustrating last year on SO many possessions because of the bad, early shots that were just flat-out dumb. Mentally, I'm not sure he has it anymore for a season.

I don't think Gilbert would be a problem off the court because of the people on the team. He just needs to stay healthy because the man can shoot.

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

much better than Nelson/Evans/Hedo/Lewis/Dwight...oh...

I'm not sure it is. At least Evans is a solid defender at his position.

Nelson is a defensive liability. Arenas is playing out of position. Carter is a defensive liability. Rashard is playing out of position. Ouch.

I'm willing to entertain the thought of playing Arenas at the shooting guard position but that means either playing a strong defender at the small forward position with Rashard at the 4 or playing Rashard the 3 and bringing in someone that is a good defender to play the power forward position (and I have no idea how Otis is going to do that, unless Gortat can bring in someone).