Sign in to follow this  
mbaker333

Bass or Gortat

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

It's all about embedding now, youtube links are so yesterday. Get with the times, man.

the embedding code was disabled

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:

It's all about embedding now, youtube links are so yesterday. Get with the times, man.

the embedding code was disabled

Now what?

I was going to type something cool, but I'm just too white and awkward, so this is what you get. Sorry, guys.

bass seems to have alot more umphhh in his dunks.gortat doesnt even have to jump...lol

Why awkward, becouse he's white ? That's racist Wink

Ok he doesn't use a lot of force on his dunks, it's more carefull and smoothe. But he has bigger hands, much bigger standing reach, nice vertical leap and jump distance when he gets running momentum can dunk one hand, alley ups, can dunk with speed and quickness. Bass can't do these things well, two hand power dunks basically his one big advantage.

Gortat is almost 7 feet tall, his between legs looks not so bad and he can dunk from free throw line. For a guy his size it's pretty impresive. In dunk contest Polish Hamma would be better Wink

quote:
Originally posted by Leoben:

Ok he doesn't use a lot of force on his dunks, it's more carefull and smoothe. But he has bigger hands, much bigger standing reach, nice vertical leap and jump distance when he gets running momentum can dunk one hand, alley ups, can dunk with speed and quickness. Bass can't do these things well, two hand power dunks basically his one big advantage.

Gortat is almost 7 feet tall, his between legs looks not so bad and he can dunk from free throw line. For a guy his size it's pretty impresive. In dunk contest Polish Hamma would be better Wink

no hes white bc hes awkward.. jeez almighty the race card please.. and i see the winky wink but the mention is still unjust... anywho i say hes awkward because he looks like the bad guy in a bond movie, hes just lurchlike all around, plus he has the jumpman tat and i saw him to the spread legged dunk once and i just laughed and laughed.... by awkward i mean hes got nothing smooth about him, dont get me wrong i love the guy on our team and love watching him play, but if u cant admit he has some "awkardness" to him then well.. maybe its bc ur awkward too idk... and i saw bass catch a sweet oop towards the end of the season that i actually thought was dwight for some reason.. ill hafta look for it..

quote:
Originally posted by mbaker333:

quote:

no hes white bc hes awkward.. jeez almighty the race card please.. and i see the winky wink but the mention is still unjust... anywho i say hes awkward because he looks like the bad guy in a bond movie, hes just lurchlike all around, plus he has the jumpman tat and i saw him to the spread legged dunk once and i just laughed and laughed.... by awkward i mean hes got nothing smooth about him, dont get me wrong i love the guy on our team and love watching him play, but if u cant admit he has some "awkardness" to him then well.. maybe its bc ur awkward too idk... and i saw bass catch a sweet oop towards the end of the season that i actually thought was dwight for some reason.. ill hafta look for it..

Wow. Still laughing at this incredible post as I'm typing.

This is actually a pretty tough question. I'll go with Gortat by a hair. The fans get riled up, the teammates get riled up. Plus I mean, he's just the Polish Hammer, so its great. I really do love Bass and his authoratative two handed stuff-a-roos though.

Edit: I don't know why I said "stuff-a-roo".

quote:

quote:

18 teams inquired about his services because hes so ****ing awkward. Tard!

quote:

quote:

C'mon, racism thing was full time 100 % joke.

He's not Miss Poland candidate for sure and he can be awkward in many aspects of the game for sure, but not seeing his dunking this way.

And when I see him outrunning all defenders in brake, catching strong, flat, hard angle, 1/3 court pass in full run and finishing with one hand dunk (not slowing even a bit) I'm asking how many 7 feet guy's in NBA can do this. How many can dunk from free throw line and then yes, word "smooth" comes to my mind. For sure not "lurchlike" about it. Most of the centers in NBA would love to be as lurchlike as Gortat in these aspects of the game.

Even this "spread legged dunk", how many could do this as good as him ? I've never seen it live of course but catched it few times in pre game wormups and it didn't look so bad for a guy his size.