Sign in to follow this  
PEC

Redick Happy!

quote:
Originally posted by Audi:

Look who he just married. How could he not be happy?

20090731-112045-pic-613899725_t300.jpg

I hope she's not a magic cheerleader or friends with Howard's baby mama.

I've never disliked JJ, but I wasn't a fan the first couple of seasons either. While I had faith and didn't want him traded, I'm really happy any times he played during last season.

I don't think I'd buy a jersey, but would buy a t-shirt with his name and # on the back.

i gotta admit i was no JJ fan until last year. i couldn't understand why we wouldn't trade him or somethin. but over the years he has gotten a whole lot better and is not such a defensive liability. and if he has improved as much as he did from last summer we will be in good shape at the 2 guard. i dont like how much we had to pay for him, THANX CHICAGO!

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by KillingInTheNameOf:

Chicago should be happy 2. They backed into getting a better player for half the price.

Better player? Maybe.

What they needed? Hardly.

How many starting SG's can JJ guard for 30+ mpg? How many on playoff caliber teams?

Looking at names like Wade, Allen, Joe Johnson, VC, Salmons, & S-Jax on playoff teams in the East...I don't see how a team with legit aspirations of becoming a contender can bank on him as a starter. Allen is prob the only player he's not road kill against.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Chicago should be happy 2. They backed into getting a better player for half the price.

Better player? Maybe.

How many starting SG's can JJ guard for 30+ mpg? How many on playoff caliber teams?

Looking at names like Wade, Allen, Joe Johnson, VC, Salmons, & S-Jax on playoff teams in the East...I don't see how a team with legit aspirations of becoming a contender can bank on him as a starter. Allen is prob the only player he's not road kill against.

ideally a team wishing to start redick would have a adept defensive starting point guard and a good post player that can clean up mistakes.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Better player? Maybe.

ideally a team wishing to start redick would have a adept defensive starting point guard and a good post player that can clean up mistakes.

Or a two-time defensive MVP behind him guarding the basket so he can overplay the jumpshot... oh wait.

quote:
Originally posted by Darrell_Armstrong:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Better player? Maybe.

Or a two-time defensive MVP behind him guarding the basket so he can overplay the jumpshot... oh wait.

its just tough to have dwight clean up both jameer and jj's mistakes.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Darrell_Armstrong:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Better player? Maybe.

its just tough to have dwight clean up both jameer and jj's mistakes.

I agree, I just think JJ's defensive liabilities are overstated. In fact, I think sometimes good players see JJ on them and wind up pressing the issue to where they are forcing up bad shots. Yes Brewer is a better defender, but he isn't near the offensive player JJ is. The fact is, this team performed better all around with JJ on the floor at the end of games than Vince. And VC was supposed to be the "closer."

I'm so happy that Redick's happy. When he was drafted I LOVED the pick! I was so pissed when he barely played the first 2 years and loved that he finally got time when Nelson went out. He's our future starting SG.

i hope this does not become a jj this or jj that debate. i think we have beat that to death. be happy we have a hard working smart player on the team. will he start or not will not be decided on this board. i think he and nelson to gether will be rough. a lot of zone and help defense will have to work. i think it will depend on vc and where pietrus ends up. i also think lewis will be the sf and a surprise will be at pf. i am excited to see how it unfolds.