Sign in to follow this  
Miguel3107

IF CP3 deal goes on, what we should do with Okafor?

If this was to really happen, I would suggest the following:

5 - Dwight/Orton

4 - Oak/Bass

3 - Shard/Q/MP

2 - Q/JJ/MP

1 - CP3/Duhon

Not sure where this leaves us with a quality back up center unless that crazy Fran guy shows up!

quote:
Originally posted by otis_smith:

Ok. Since some of you don't understand, I am going to list teams that CAN put together better offers than us (remember, young talent is what they will want back)

1. POR

2. NJ

3. OKC

There's 3, I'll allow you to add to the list some more...

alright, but we're just saying if we had the player, not that we're getting him, slow news day man, slow news day.

I don't think NO will part with CP3 just for takiing Okafor... they are going to want to get rid of Posey too! We could use Posey for sure and I would try Okafor until the deadline just to see what happens.

If we were able to put an effective "twin towers" team on the floor it would give everybody fits but the Lakers, and we would be more competitive with them then we are right now!

quote:
Originally posted by Orlandonole:

If this was to really happen, I would suggest the following:

5 - Dwight/Orton

4 - Oak/Bass

3 - Shard/Q/MP

2 - Q/JJ/MP

1 - CP3/Duhon

Not sure where this leaves us with a quality back up center unless that crazy Fran guy shows up!

How long do we even have Fran under contract? Isn't that up this year? Or is that something that stays in effect until he comes to play in the States (which will likely never happen)?

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:

Ok. Since some of you don't understand, I am going to list teams that CAN put together better offers than us (remember, young talent is what they will want back)

1. POR

2. NJ

3. OKC

alright, but we're just saying if we had the player, not that we're getting him, slow

news day man, slow news day.

But, its like saying we should go get Kobe and Derrick Rose??

Why isn't this locked yet?

Theres no "Otis needs to find a third team to take on Okafor"...otherwise NO would just trade Okafor to them themselves...

quote:

1. POR

2. NJ

3. OKC

Agreed, but despite they idea of younger talents to deal Chris Paul, a move to release them from Okafor's millions and an expiring contract on Carter, gives them options to a reformulation of their squad.

Anyway...

If we were to steal CP3 and get Okafor, I would want to keep Okafor as well. He is just the 4 this team needs next to Dwight. If we wanted to play the stretch offense, He can sit, and move Shard to the 4 and Q to the 3. Or if Dwight gets in foul trouble Okafor could play the 5 if Gortat is gone.

It would give us the perfect amount of flexibility. We would also have the most formidable front line in the league w/ Dwight, Okafor, and Shard.

We would also have an ungodly payroll.

quote:
Originally posted by Miguel3107:

quote:

1. POR

2. NJ

3. OKC

Agreed, but despite they idea of younger talents to deal Chris Paul, a move to release them from Okafor's millions and an expiring contract on Carter, gives them options to a reformulation of their squad.

Anyway...

Ok , if that's the case, then they should just trade CP3/Okafor to a team that has a large TPE (cle, tor) or cap space (ny, okc, minn) that can just absorb okafor's contract. No need to pay VC's 16 mil expiring salary when another team out there can just absorb okafor...

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

If we were to steal CP3 and get Okafor, I would want to keep Okafor as well. He is just the 4 this team needs next to Dwight. If we wanted to play the stretch offense, He can sit, and move Shard to the 4 and Q to the 3. Or if Dwight gets in foul trouble Okafor could play the 5 if Gortat is gone.

It would give us the perfect amount of flexibility. We would also have the most formidable front line in the league w/ Dwight, Okafor, and Shard.

We would also have an ungodly payroll.

No, we Won't have an ungodly payroll bc this isn't happening. If you want Okafor and Collison for VC's expiring, NO might think about it...

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:

1. POR

2. NJ

3. OKC

alright, but we're just saying if we had the player, not that we're getting him, slow

news day man, slow news day.

But, its like saying we should go get Kobe and Derrick Rose??

Why isn't this locked yet?

Theres no "Otis needs to find a third team to take on Okafor"...otherwise NO would just trade Okafor to them themselves...

personally i don't think we have a chance of taking on a superstar right now, no one wants vince's contract unless they're saying that it's a rebuild. but there is some material truths that the gm of the hornets just got fired for his iffy relationship with paul as well as the 'inability to trade him' thing which may or may not be speculation. i think you listed all of the superstars right now, paul would be at the top of the list to be traded, but us being the sniveling, trade happy, magic fans that we are, we're being so forward as to boast about what we would do with okafor if we were to get him.

i think we're in the hunt for it even if it's a hunt for an endangered species... but we're in the back of the hornets minds, i don't think they're looking to rebuild, but if paul wants out, then he can ask some things of them.