Sign in to follow this  
Miguel3107

IF CP3 deal goes on, what we should do with Okafor?

I just read the article about Luther Head and some people started to think that this could involve Carter and the CP3 trade rumour are now reboosted...

so...what about Okafor?

If we manage to trade VC and Nelson for Paul and Oka, we don't need to deal Gortat, but we would need to get rid of Emeka. Right??

I tried to imagine why would a team should make trade for Okafor and I picked only four teams that might consider have this big guy.

Does Phoenix would like to have him around??

They have Lopez and Frye, but Channing can play as a 4 I think and Lopez could come from the bench. With Childress and Hedo now, maybe there is interest on a J Rich trade. He's on his last year so, it is a good trade now and room for next season free agency.

The Knicks could want him and we could get W. Chandler plus Eddy Curry, BUT could we just waive him? If we can, this is good trade, because we could pick somebody on the free agency, like Scola and keep JJ without a doubt.

Detroit doesn't have a good center, so they might wanna pick him for T. Prince. His contract is expiring, so it means the same as J Rich: room for next Free agency if he does not work around here.

Oklahoma city is the best scenario from all of them.

They don't have a real Center and they have cap space. If we trade Okafor for Jeff Green, will be a f****** wonderfull deal. With Green addition Lewis could play as SF and garanties Reddick (Green's salary is 4.4 million, a 6 million cut from our current roster)

Everybody s really hoping that we get CP3, so I tried to figure out if there really is a chance.

So the bottom line is: If we can't deal Okafor with one of these teams, I cannot see another option.

Any thoughts??

Well, I don't remember what people kept saying JJ should start at PG last summer, but they are probably the same people thinking Okafor could start at SG, because his size will make up for lack of quickness, right Jareth?

Would be awesome if this trade happened, but it's not. NO WAY do they get rid of CP3.

But as a mental exercise? Okafor was near the top at rebounds and blocks last year, and actually led Howard for the first few months of the season, I think.

He'd be a good trade piece for someone. Maybe even hold him to the trade deadline and see how he works in our system: he's a smart player.

Still, costs too much.

i think this thread is worth the time, they would obviously try to dump us the okafor contract, but i think we'd keep okafor around, i think he's one of those guys that would play better if he were to be on a contender.

Ok. Since some of you don't understand, I am going to list teams that CAN put together better offers than us (remember, young talent is what they will want back)

1. POR

2. NJ

3. OKC

There's 3, I'll allow you to add to the list some more...