Sign in to follow this  
magic_fan1

Heat Rivalry? Really?

quote:
Originally posted by djmase20:

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

The rivalry heated up a lot during the Shaq years, he and Zo had some epic wars in the paint.

Is that true? Im pretty sure they got Zo the same time we lost Shaq. I know Shaq and Zo had some epic wars when he was with the Hornets, but I dont think in Miami. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Zo was with Miami for only one season whilst Shaq was here, I believe. Personally, I don't recall Zo and Shaq having "epic battles" during that particular stretch, in fact I remember there being a big hoopla because Shaq was injured for one of the games and we lost and he was injured for a 2nd game and we won. I do remember Zo having some monster games against us that season in particular though. I think Matt Geiger was more of a foe in Shaq's time here than Zo.

SVG Sad

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:
Originally posted by djmase20:

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

The rivalry heated up a lot during the Shaq years, he and Zo had some epic wars in the paint.

Is that true? Im pretty sure they got Zo the same time we lost Shaq. I know Shaq and Zo had some epic wars when he was with the Hornets, but I dont think in Miami. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Zo was with Miami for only one season whilst Shaq was here, I believe. Personally, I don't recall Zo and Shaq having "epic battles" during that particular stretch, in fact I remember there being a big hoopla because Shaq was injured for one of the games and we lost and he was injured for a 2nd game and we won. I do remember Zo having some monster games against us that season in particular though. I think Matt Geiger was more of a foe in Shaq's time here than Zo.

SVG Sad

One of the things about that time period that really sticks out in my mind is the pure hatred felt for Matt Geiger.

I know my post count & join date would lead some to think I shouldn't comment, but, this:

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

judging by this thread, I think we should all welcome the OP to the fan base, clearly he's new.

im sure im not the only one, but im proud to say that ANY team the Lequeen Shames goes to, I will hate. mostly because I HATE Lebrick " I changed team names to get more fame" James...and because any team willing to pick up that self centered queer deserves to be hated to...I love Wade and Bosh though Cheers

i've never heard of a rivalry yet, it will happen in the coming years, usually one team is great while the other is horrible. we end up wishing each other well in the playoffs, we're both florida teams, we don't get much media coverage unless we have a superstar on our squad, and our rivalry mostly concerns college football, and if your somewhere local, high school football, that's the religion here.

I could squash you like a bug right now, but I'm offering you a choice. Join me! Imagine what we could accomplish together... what we could create. Or we could destroy! Cause the deaths of countless innocents in selfish battle again and again and again until we're both dead! Is that what you want?