Sign in to follow this  
vc15dunker15

If VC stays... expect a different VC.

They don't seem to realize that "he had a good game ____ in the playoffs" works for Jameer, or pietrus, or JJ, or barnes, or bass.

Dwight and Vince (by their status on the team) need to bring it every single night (or at least the large majority of the time).

Now I know it's unpractical to expect 100% ability 100% of the time, but Vince didn't even play well 50% of the season.

quote:
Originally posted by est. 1984:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Even his best game wasn't very good by any stretch of the imagination.

Notice how we win when Vince does bad? We need him here, if for nothing else, to do bad so we can win.

We win two games against boston after a 3-0 deficit WITHOUT CARTER.

quote:
Originally posted by bringithomerashard:

haha this is kind of ridiculous lol. Dwight is the only reason in hell that we even won 2 games. Vince Carter was god awful every single game except for game 1 I think so thats just nonsense. As for JJ wasting clock we were still down by 3. We would of had to make a tough shot anyways and that was 1 game. Again Vince Carter was bad all series.

And as for dwight ever playing like a D-Leaguer....I BET

30% from the field with 7 points and 7 rebounds are d-leaguer numbers, thanks. Also shoot first point guards from the d-league can easily score 9 points in a game if they want (shout out to Sundiata Gaines in Utah).

This wasn't Vince's team to begin with. The games we won are the ones where both Dwight and Jameer decided to show up together. Also, how about Rashard, he had a great series amiright?

Point is, Vince had some bad games, but he also showed effort in games when other members of the team didn't.

Orlando is, and was in May, a better team than Boston, but like the Cavs the year before, we had the easy road to the ECF and before we knew what hit us and could catch our balance, it was too late. Boston was like us last year, they had the difficult path and so when the ECFs came, they were ready for it.

I just want people to realize that this is a team game and quit using Vince as a scapegoat. I have confidence that this team will be even better than last year thanks to the solid additions Otis has given us, and I believe that we won't make the same mistake of not being mentally prepared for a series again.

I know there are better SGs out there than Vince, but unless a team wants to give us a gift, it isn't going to happen. Though my friend would tell me that he's "Vinsufficient" I think he'll do just fine.

If Miami plays to their potential then there's nothing anybody can do so quit worrying about Vince's location next season, but if they don't, then the team we have now will be in the Finals again.

quote:
Originally posted by est. 1984:

quote:
Originally posted by bringithomerashard:

haha this is kind of ridiculous lol. Dwight is the only reason in hell that we even won 2 games. Vince Carter was god awful every single game except for game 1 I think so thats just nonsense. As for JJ wasting clock we were still down by 3. We would of had to make a tough shot anyways and that was 1 game. Again Vince Carter was bad all series.

And as for dwight ever playing like a D-Leaguer....I BET

30% from the field with 7 points and 7 rebounds are d-leaguer numbers, thanks. Also shoot first point guards from the d-league can easily score 9 points in a game if they want (shout out to Sundiata Gaines in Utah).

This wasn't Vince's team to begin with. The games we won are the ones where both Dwight and Jameer decided to show up together. Also, how about Rashard, he had a great series amiright?

Point is, Vince had some bad games, but he also showed effort in games when other members of the team didn't.

Orlando is, and was in May, a better team than Boston, but like the Cavs the year before, we had the easy road to the ECF and before we knew what hit us and could catch our balance, it was too late. Boston was like us last year, they had the difficult path and so when the ECFs came, they were ready for it.

I just want people to realize that this is a team game and quit using Vince as a scapegoat. I have confidence that this team will be even better than last year thanks to the solid additions Otis has given us, and I believe that we won't make the same mistake of not being mentally prepared for a series again.

I know there are better SGs out there than Vince, but unless a team wants to give us a gift, it isn't going to happen. Though my friend would tell me that he's "Vinsufficient" I think he'll do just fine.

If Miami plays to their potential then there's nothing anybody can do so quit worrying about Vince's location next season, but if they don't, then the team we have now will be in the Finals again.

Thanks to Otis' solid additions? hahaha who? Quentin Richardson? lol k dude.

You forgetting Matt Barnes/JJ Redick may not be on our team this year? so Quentin Richardson/Daniel Orton/Robinson > Barnes and Redick??? thats comical.

No one is using Vince as a scapegoat but it seems like you fail to see that Vince Carter was supposed to be "that guy" that put the orlando magic "over the top" and what you fail to see is that "he wasn't that guy" and its a huge disappointment for all magic fans except you i guess.

And ok Dwight played bad one game what about every other game?! he was the only reason we won 2 games where was vince carter? when he scored single digits 3 games in a row? So if dwight played like a D-Leaguer what did Vince play like those games a high school bench warmer? EXACTLY

But vince showed effort! what am i thinking i guess thats all that matters, effort lol.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

I could have put up VC's stats in the ATL series. That series wasn't even real.

dont talk about it, do it. mr stat. producer

quote:
Originally posted by VCdaCarter:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by mont:

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

Carter tried to drive a couple of times against Boston, and they were very physical with him. he didn't get the calls, and he just stopped. He gave up instead of forcing the issue. I would have liked to see him force the issue, or wait a while, until they started getting the benefit of the whistle, then start forcing the issue.

I thought the exhange where he got knocked down, limped a little, and Stan ignored him, refusing to make eye contact and bring him out of the game (which ever game that was), was particularly telling.

I saw nothing out of Vince this past season that would give me reason to expect a significantly better Vince to show up next season. Nothing. I hope I'm wrong, I hope he gets it figured out, which I think he can (since I believe his issue is mental), but I don't think he will.

so who would continue to get mobbed if you are not getting the calls.

The Charlotte Bobcats, especially the first game. They drove and kept driving in the first half only to get completely destroyed by Howard (9 blocks), but did they stop in the 2nd half? No. The refs started to call the game tighter and call more fouls, and they continued to drive and started to get calls their way. They forced the issue and that's what got them back in the game.

You said "the charlotte bobcats", right? That means they did it as a TEAM, right? I wonder why orlando didn't so the same thing. Why don't you talk more about what this TEAM failed to do.

I can be more specific and say Gerald Wallace, who shot 11 of his 13 free throws in the 2nd half.

Every time someone talks about how Vince 'never does what we got him for' I just think back to his clutch downtown 3 to tie against the Hawks, and how it was all overshadowed by a complete brain fart by the refs and our team.