Sign in to follow this  
Die Mannschaft

JJ or Matt?

quote:
Originally posted by COLOMBIANO:

I'm almost positive that the mayoralty of Barnes' minutes were with Howard on the floor.

I don't know what a mayoralty is, but the majority of Barnes's minutes were alongside Dwight.

So were JJ's. So were pretty much everyone's, actually. Dwight played almost 3/4 of the time.

DOM, would you rather have Barnes over Redick? I personally don't mind but I feel that with JJ there is more upside, at least offensively.

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

So your saying that SVG lied about Redick's defense.

Did SVG ever say that JJ was a better defender than Barnes? I'd LOVE for you to show me that quote.

quote:
And as noted Barnes was on the court when Howard was on the court.

So was JJ. So was everyone else. Dwight played 3/4 of the time.

quote:
Sounds like Redick more of a bargain compared to Wince and ....Oh I forgot Barnes turned down the offer to him so the Magic signed Richardson instead which is a gain over Barnes.

Is this is a sentence?

quote:
So Barnes is now searching for his 8th team or is it 9th. BTW all those teams he mentioned (Barnes)contacting him, turns out Barnes contracted them. At this rate he may end up in Europe.

Well that makes sense. After all, you can judge a player's value by how many teams they've played for; the more different teams they play for, the worse they are. It's how we know that Zydrunas Ilgauskas(1 team) is like 30x better than someone like Moses Malone(11 teams across 2 different leagues).

quote:
That reminds me that's where you said Redick was going to end up. Well, Well, Well

I have, at no point, ever said JJ Redick would end up in Europe. I don't remember ever even thinking that.

And by the way, 80% of the league still has their MLE left. Barnes is going to do fine for himself.

quote:
Originally posted by KandiKane:

Yet again another stat that does not show the full picture. He does share the court with Gortat much of the time, unlike the starters who share the court with Howard. And that makes a difference.

Stats aint everything, watch an analyse some game tape and the effort and chase Redick puts in is above average, just because he is white and under 6'6 does not mean he is not a good defender. I agree he is not an excellent one, but I think he is an average or above one. And I used to not like J.J the player.

Who did Barnes have to play with ?? Howard. Thats why he is above Pietrus and Redick. If you can show me VISUAL evidence then go for it, but I will just come back with footage of Barnes getting beat by his player many a times. Lucky he had Howard looking after the ring.... right?

Good ridence Barnes, enjoy playing for min. on some other team

You know what another word for statistic is? Fact.

And yes. Barnes DID play a majority of his minutes next to Dwight. About 3/4 of them.

Of course, JJ played roughly the same percentage of HIS minutes next to Dwight too, but don't let those pesky facts ruin your (nonexistent) argument.

The notion that JJ is an above average defender is laughable.

And what do you mean "VISUAL evidence"? You want me to just find videos of JJ being beaten by his man? What the hell would that prove? I can find videos of Dwight being beaten by HIS man. Do you think Dwight is a bad defender?

quote:

Redick was the most important piece on this team just behind Howard, Nelson, Lewis and Carter.

It's not every day you get to see someone make a statement and then completely contradict it in the same sentence.

quote:
Originally posted by gporter:

DOM, would you rather have Barnes over Redick? I personally don't mind but I feel that with JJ there is more upside, at least offensively.

I already answered that question. Redick isn't worth what he's been offered and Barnes isn't worth what he's asking for.

If both were asking for a reasonable amount, I might take JJ(although the QRich pickup pushes me more towards Barnes). But all things as they are, I'd rather have Barnes for 3m a year than Redick for close to 7m a year.

I would say JJ's defense is mostly based on his effort, which is always there. Does that mean he will be able to defend NBA 2 guards???

Probably not, and Ray Allen is an exception because of his play style.

It is much different with Barnes. This guy doesn't care what position the other guy is playing, he WILL guard your best player. Kobe, Lebron, Wade, it doesn't matter. This is why I would personally like to see us keep Barnes... even though I like JJ a lot. (he is not worth the contract the Bulls offered him)

We would be a much more versatile defensive team.

Nelson/Duhon

Carter/Pietrus

Barnes/Richardson

Lewis/Bass

Howard/Gortat

All four of the bolded players can play SF or SG, or at the very least, defend those positions.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

Yet again another stat that does not show the full picture. He does share the court with Gortat much of the time, unlike the starters who share the court with Howard. And that makes a difference.

Stats aint everything, watch an analyse some game tape and the effort and chase Redick puts in is above average, just because he is white and under 6'6 does not mean he is not a good defender. I agree he is not an excellent one, but I think he is an average or above one. And I used to not like J.J the player.

Who did Barnes have to play with ?? Howard. Thats why he is above Pietrus and Redick. If you can show me VISUAL evidence then go for it, but I will just come back with footage of Barnes getting beat by his player many a times. Lucky he had Howard looking after the ring.... right?

Good ridence Barnes, enjoy playing for min. on some other team

You know what another word for statistic is? Fact.

And yes. Barnes DID play a majority of his minutes next to Dwight. About 3/4 of them.

Of course, JJ played roughly the same percentage of HIS minutes next to Dwight too, but don't let those pesky facts ruin your (nonexistent) argument.

The notion that JJ is an above average defender is laughable.

And what do you mean "VISUAL evidence"? You want me to just find videos of JJ being beaten by his man? What the hell would that prove? I can find videos of Dwight being beaten by HIS man. Do you think Dwight is a bad defender?

I guess living in Baltimore you missed a lot of games because if you had watched you would have seen that Redick played a lot of his minutes with Gortat not Howard. While Barnes played almost all of his minutes with Howard.

So no matter how you cut it your stats are just that stats and not the full picture.

Guess you are a box score kind of person after all.

PEC, do you believe JJ is a better defender than Matt Barnes?

OKAY GUYS I HAVE TWO THOUSAND POSTS SOMEBODY BUY ME A BOX OF ORLANDO MAGIC CHOCOLATE BASKETBALLS.

quote:

I guess living in Baltimore you missed a lot of games because if you had watched you would have seen that Redick played a lot of his minutes with Gortat not Howard. While Barnes played almost all of his minutes with Howard.

So no matter how you cut it your stats are just that stats and not the full picture.

So if the DoMinator presents to you a statistic that clearly shows that JJ Redick played nearly the same percentage of his minutes alongside Dwight that Barnes did, you're just going to say "nuh-uh, I watched the game and he was out there with Gortat like all the time doh"?

What, are you ignoring facts for the sake of convenience? I mean, he can prove you are wrong. It doesn't matter how many games you watched. If your perception of what happened is clearly incorrect and can be proven to be, you have no leg to stand on. You can't just say he's wrong because he's a "box score" person. If the data he presents disproves your point, I guess it's good that he is a "box score" person.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:

So if the DoMinator presents to you a statistic that clearly shows that JJ Redick played nearly the same percentage of his minutes alongside Dwight that Barnes did, you're just going to say "nuh-uh, I watched the game and he was out there with Gortat like all the time doh"?

What, are you ignoring facts for the sake of convenience? I mean, he can prove you are wrong. It doesn't matter how many games you watched. If your perception of what happened is clearly incorrect and can be proven to be, you have no leg to stand on. You can't just say he's wrong because he's a "box score" person. If the data he presents disproves your point, I guess it's good that he is a "box score" person.

But but I saw JJ play with Gortat ALOT and I mean ALOT!