Sign in to follow this  
fishybashi

Matt Barnes appreciation thread

Barnes: your defense of Kobe made me believe that, had we reached the big game, the ending would have been different from last year.

Thank you for that and, if it was you, thanks for putting an edge on this team that wasn't there before. I hope it carries on after you're gone.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

Thanks Matt Barnes, we will miss your blown layups and dunks on the fast breaks

your airballs from wide open 3s

your ridiculous ball tossing that could break a man's fingers

your thug-like attitude and your awful tattoos

your whining and constant "tweeting" nonsense

wait, am I doing this right???

sounds about right.

Since the Lakers are going hard after Raja Bell, I wonder where Barnes will end up now? Could he sign with the ROCKSTARS for the vet min?

quote:
Originally posted by comf5.com/jonah:

Maty Barnes is a badass. I really hope we keep him. His on the floor toughness and presence would be missed. Also, andone that can piss off Kobe that bad is awesome in my book Smiler

Red Face

quote:
Originally posted by cpower:

Matt Barnes will defend anyone not named Paul Pierce in the biggest series of his career

No kidding. I can't believe that SVG had a guy with a back brace on try to guard Paul Pierce. He should have put our best defender on him. Wait, it turns out that Matt, even with a back brace, was our best option. At least SVG thought so, but what's he know? He's only the coach and half the people on this board are obviously much smarter than he is. I guess we'll have to wait and see how well his replacement does next year. I suspect that we'll be missing Matt when that happens. I hope not, but hard nosed defenders are few and far between in a league that rewards offense much more than defense.