Worst Day Ever

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:
Originally posted by Debonair:

ucf and usf are both garbage.

I went to fsu and I know we've done horribly in football but usf and ucf are ***. usf might be decent in the big east but ucf would be the nets of college football.....

Football: the deciding factor in a school's merits

My college doesn't have a football tema.

Ergo, they have no merits.

It's science.

Neither did mine. It's a miracle we are able to use this wacky thing they call the internet.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

It might sound like an excuse, but it's the truth. West Virginia has laid a few eggs against far inferior USF teams, same thing with Michigan when they lost to App St. Upsets happen, but most of the time it's because the favorite is looking ahead to the next week instead of focusing on the task at hand.

I just don't buy this "looking ahead" excuse, especially in football when the opponent you are "looking ahead to" is at least a week away from playing you, and you just had a week's worth of game planning for the team you're about to face.

quote:

quote:

It might sound like an excuse, but it's the truth. West Virginia has laid a few eggs against far inferior USF teams, same thing with Michigan when they lost to App St. Upsets happen, but most of the time it's because the favorite is looking ahead to the next week instead of focusing on the task at hand.

I just don't buy this "looking ahead" excuse, especially in football when the opponent you are "looking ahead to" is at least a week away from playing you, and you just had a week's worth of game planning for the team you're about to face.

It happens though. Last season FSU barely squeaked by a home game against a Division II school. What was the game next week? At BYU. Try telling me they weren't looking ahead.

quote:

quote:

quote:

It happens though. Last season FSU barely squeaked by a home game against a Division II school. What was the game next week? At BYU. Try telling me they weren't looking ahead.

They weren't looking ahead.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

They weren't looking ahead.

Agree to disagree.

quote:

Agree to disagree.

It's a cliched excuse. I'll give you that, if anything, they underestimated their opponent in the instance you mentioned, but I highly doubt it had anything to do with BYU.

quote:
Originally posted by mbaker333:

if we cant use football as merit, can we tally harbored terrorists?

...otherwise all we have is academia, global contribution and philanthropy... the throwaway stats.

Really, looking ahead? That's sad man. USF was a newer Florida team looking to start rivalries with the big Florida teams and this was their first meeting. FSU did not overlook USF. FSU is on the decline and played a better team. And that was a rookie QB's first game in BJ. He's going to et better. WE have a young team this year and might still lose to UF and UM. But in 2 years when we get FSU again with BJ and Skip being more into the system we will be 2-0 the what excuse will you have? AS for UCF being better that's crap too. We've only had a team for like 15 years now. We've done some records with being the fastest school to do things. What we've done in 15 years is great. The growth will continue.

You have no Idea the turmoil that FSU was in. Now we have had a top 10 class, we have coaches that want to be there, and will develop talent. Keep saying that. see you at the game.

Do a little research on what happened before the game and you might not be so sure of yourself.... Skip should do well for you guys though, as long as you can hold on to him. Yo better pray that Kelly does well at ND, and Spurrier does not leave, just saying.

All the bandwagon UF fans are now at the Denver Boards..... 2 friends of mine who used to like FSU back in the day are among them..... Sheesh. The U has not been Really good in a while so all of thier fans are on the Heat boards, you know that bandwagon.

This is why I don't post on here much... I follow too much College football!