Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Turk traded to Suns for Barbosa

The Bobcats are getting Jose Calderon from the Raptors for Boris Diaw. The Raptors are also getting Tyson Chandler, too. I believe it for their TPE.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

Really?

Turk isn't worth his contract, Irrelevant...look at the insane money being thrown around this month. he has a 15% trade kicker It appears he waived at least a portion of this., and he has 4 more years Still better than Stoudemire at 5 years, 100 million.. All this does IMO is slow down the rebuild that Phoenix should be starting this second. They should be trading Nash, Hill and Richardson for cap space and prospects, not bringing in players past their primes. Or, maybe they should be keeping their remaining superstar happy. I think Turk, Hill, Nash, and Richardson could be a very entertaining starting unit, at least offensively. I really think this trade could work out.

Also, a big LOL to me for arguing with DOM about Turkoglu. I clearly need more coffee on a Monday morning.

The Raptors are doing this right and the Suns are doing this wrong.

I have to side with DOM here.

The worst thing in the NBA is to be stuck in the middle. Not good enough to compete for championships but not bad enough to get into the lottery.

Sure they could be entertaining on offense but they are going to be a disaster on defense and probably end up somewhere in the 5-8 range in the West.

I think it is more of a bid to try and build the best team they can for Nash in his last 2 years. It would be wildly unpopular to scale that whole thing down but keep Nash.

The Raptors meanwhile have now unloaded Calderon and Turk's contracts and still have the TPE from the Heat as well as a multitude of draft picks the next few years.

That is how you do it.