My "Who they should play like" Magic Breakdown

quote:
Originally posted by InsideoutO:

quote:
Originally posted by Debonair:

quote:
PG/Jameer Nelson - Meer is doing what he should be

stopped reading after that.

What should Meer be doing that he is capable of doing but isnt? I know he isnt the perfect PG for this system but I think for what he is he does exactly what are his strong points. He just needs to tighten up on what he is already doing. I dont see how changing his game with his build and ability would help anything.

he's not a playmaker

doesn't have good court vision

can't get his team involved

he's just not a good point guard. if he was like 7inches taller he'd make a good shooting guard.

and sourmilknipples is on my jock again I see. dude has the biggest man crush on me.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

What should Meer be doing that he is capable of doing but isnt? I know he isnt the perfect PG for this system but I think for what he is he does exactly what are his strong points. He just needs to tighten up on what he is already doing. I dont see how changing his game with his build and ability would help anything.

he's not a playmaker

he's just not a good point guard. if he was like 7inches taller he'd make a good shooting guard.

and sourmilknipples is on my jock again I see. dude has the biggest man crush on me.

I know you hate Vince.

but I LOVE you for this. I agree 100%. Jameer is not doing what he should be doing he's just playing well as a scoring 2 guard every once in a while. Poor excuse for a point guard on a team loaded with talent around him.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

he's not a playmaker

I know you hate Vince.

but I LOVE you for this. I agree 100%. Jameer is not doing what he should be doing he's just playing well as a scoring 2 guard every once in a while. Poor excuse for a point guard on a team loaded with talent around him.

Jameer is a shoot first PG. He creates by getting the defense to colapse on him. His vision is lacking back for what he is and what natural skills he has he does what he is best suited to do.

I wont lie and say I was against the VC experiment but he was suppose to be the guy who finally created for self out of a wing position. While he at times created for self he just didnt have the legs or heart to finish at the rim and draw the help defender. Most of his penetration ended up fade away jumpers or hedoesk flail-ups hoping for a foul.

llol shut up. I'll give you he took those near the paint fade aways (which were streaky), when you wanted him to just finish. And at times he did finish and hed finish strong so thats the deal with Vince. You'll see greatness and be like why doesnt he do that everytime?

but dont say he did hedolike flails. Not even close. Vince actually got pretty screwed when it came to foul calls especially in the playoffs. It was pretty ridiculous.

He sometimes would flail a bit off screens but not when he drives dude...

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

I know you hate Vince.

smile_svgsad.png

quote:
Jameer is a shoot first PG.

smile_sadcrab.gif

Amidst such a general topic, Thuglife once again chooses to isolate Nelson for his weekly bashing tirade.

Looks like Debonair has a new pal on the ignored list.

quote:

Jameer is a shoot first PG. He creates by getting the defense to colapse on him. His vision is lacking back for what he is and what natural skills he has he does what he is best suited to do.

I wont lie and say I was against the VC experiment but he was suppose to be the guy who finally created for self out of a wing position. While he at times created for self he just didnt have the legs or heart to finish at the rim and draw the help defender. Most of his penetration ended up fade away jumpers or hedoesk flail-ups hoping for a foul.

jameer being a shoot first pg is the problem. he fails to find the open man. he isn't a good passer and he makes the offense predictable. play making and passing is obviously a major issue for his team which is why the went out and got chris duhon. he makes up in what jameer lacks.

this is a team that likes to shoot open 3s and has a center who likes to catch alleys. a point guard who likes to pass would definitely benefit them more rather than a pg who thinks of himself first.

TITY: you are puttin Debonair on your ignore list because he doesnt live in the blind "draftee" fan world where Jameer is a legit point guard for the Magic.

Like I hate that little on this board understand Jameer's true abilities, style of play, and flaws.

It's just selfish and doesnt help the Magic at all, itd be real good for a team like GSW, but then again Jameer walks the ball up the court and rarely pushes the ball so scratch that.

He's just the type of player that is a true baller/great bball player, but doesnt benefit anyone on his team. Kinda like a Mo Williams, Monte Ellis you know?

....The Magic need a playmaker point guard that is naturally capable of seeing everything that goes on and can orchestrate a team. Similiar to a Jkidd/Steve Nash/Rondo.

then again there are no point guards available like that so..

I mean itd be one thing if hed just occasionally make a bad decision and miss key passes. But its almost always that he will miss the cutting man. He needs a play drawn up to make a pass lol and he's a point guard thats the prob. He cant do things on the go.

Oh and lets not forget about defense...

I'm All for Ryan to Start if we don't make any moves and it seems like the logical choice for our offense...He is 22 and still growing last season he weighed 250 lbs so it's not so far-fetched to add another 10-15 pounds to that i mean he is already physically bigger than chris bosh....He already has range all the way up to the 3 point line so spacing won't be a problem and best of all he's already a good rebounder and with the added muscle will help in the trenches...Most people judge him off what he did in the latter part of the season and think that he hit a wall or something but he WILL get better in the offseason...Coming into Training Camp it's going to be SVG decision and do you honestly think that if he had a choice between Bass and Anderson he would choose Bass? SVG is too in love with a PF who can stretch the floor....Here is some Vids but mind you these are Highlights so it won't show the misses but i like what he brings to our team

classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"

height="385"

width="480"

>

value="transparent"

>

value="never"

>

name="movie"

/>

/>

/>

pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"

wmode="transparent"

allowScriptAccess="never"

height="385"

width="480"

src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qi00ARGLH4&hl=en_US&fs=1"

/>

height="385"

width="480"

>

value="transparent"

>

value="never"

>

name="movie"

/>

/>

/>

wmode="transparent"

height="385"

width="480"

src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMEPJJggm_Q&hl=en_US&fs=1"

/>

quote:
Originally posted by raf008:

I'm All for Ryan to Start if we don't make any moves and it seems like the logical choice for our offense...He is 22 and still growing last season he weighed 250 lbs so it's not so far-fetched to add another 10-15 pounds to that i mean he is already physically bigger than chris bosh....He already has range all the way up to the 3 point line so spacing won't be a problem and best of all he's already a good rebounder and with the added muscle will help in the trenches...Most people judge him off what he did in the latter part of the season and think that he hit a wall or something but he WILL get better in the offseason...Coming into Training Camp it's going to be SVG decision and do you honestly think that if he had a choice between Bass and Anderson he would choose Bass? SVG is too in love with a PF who can stretch the floor....Here is some Vids but mind you these are Highlights so it won't show the misses but i like what he brings to our team

width="480"

height="385"

>

value="transparent"

>

value="never"

>

/>

/>

value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qi00ARGLH4&hl=en_US&fs=1"

/>

/>

/>

wmode="transparent"

src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qi00ARGLH4&hl=en_US&fs=1"

width="480"

height="385"

/>

[FLASH_VIDEO]<object codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0"

height="385"

width="480"

>

value="transparent"

>

value="never"

>

name="movie"

/>

/>

/><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash"

wmode="transparent"

height="385"

width="480"

src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMEPJJggm_Q&hl=en_US&fs=1"

/>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Good post man, I like Ryan Anderson just as much as the next man but I don't know if he's physical enough to bang with Boozer, Gasol, Stoudemire, etc. Anderson has a nice finesse game and I agree that he'd be a better fit in our system than Bass but I think we need to get someone who has a meanstreak to him. If Otis doesn't make a huge move than I'd be happy with us keeping our team the way it is for now as long as we keep Redick, sign Ronnie Brewer, and bring in a veteran PG to be the 3rd stringer for league minimum.

Wow were still having the Jameer at starting Point argument? What a joke. Lets get rid of the guy who was far and away the best player on the team for the entire 09-10 playoff campaign.