Sign in to follow this  
DustinMyselfOff

I think what we see is what we're gonna get.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

Do you people ever just think that we didn't win it all because we just weren't better? All you argue about is how SVG should've done this or that. How about realizing that there are two teams on the floor, and the Celtics were the better one. It sucks, but there can be only one champion every year, and it doesn't have to be us.

I want a championship more than anything and I'm real hungry for one. But we need upgrades on the roster, the perimeter to be exact, in order to win a title. Especially with the Heat being a super team.

Yes Miller, but that would actually be the logical thing to do. I would much rather have knee jerk reactions, ignore what really happened, and just come up with my own asinine and opinionated conclusion as to what happened. That way three people can agree with me and I can feel good inside.

Feels good, man.

The stretch four arguements have become quite absurd. I sware, if I hear one more person say SF is Lewis' "natural" position, I'm gonna have to smack someone. Who the hell said that's his "natural" position? Because he played there with the Sonics? He's had more success here as a four than he did in Seattle. He's better suited to guard fours, and he makes the offense easier by playing there. We don't have anyone to create offense, so we need to stretch the defense out with our shooting and give Dwight as much room inside as possible.

Do you people really want Rashard guarding LeBron and vice versa?

Not to mention the stretch four AND Lewis had nothing to do with the loss against Boston... people call Lewis "weak" and not fitted to play PF, yet the guy that averaged nearly 19ppg on 52% shooting against the Cavs was brought down to 10 ppg and 39% shooting when paired up with Lewis...

if we're going to bring in a guy, I think he has to account for two things:

A good output offensively, and not a liability nights his shot isn't falling (well, in a perfect world it would be not a liability defensive EVER).

Now, if people really want to play the whole "blame game", let's try this: Who not only had a terrible output offensively, but also got lit up throughout the entire series, and got out-rebounded by a 5'3 point guard?

Right, lets blame SVG and Lewis smile_svgsad.png

You MVP guys kill me, you knock the little guys with all your stupid pictures,and you think that your the god of basketball, Give me a break when you blame SVG. He is the best coach that we have had. Everyone makes mistakes, why don't you blame the front office!

All these guys on the site that are here 24-7 this is the only life you know....

I come here to hear what the little guys says and you guys are either mocking them like you are the kings of the Blogs....Give me a break!

Don't even start by blaming SVG. Your way off base.

And get a job!

quote:
Originally posted by Debonair:

svg is pretty brain dead when it comes to offense........

not as brain dead as mike brown but brain dead nonetheless

It would be nice if you could post something nice about the Magic and if you can't just don't. I honestly don't even know why you are posting here you seem to hate everything about the Magic.

Is it just me or do other people see the same thing?!

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by IronMaiden:

quote:

if thats the '10-'11 lineup then this team is truly ****ed.

Yeah the same team that got to the NBA Finals and the Eastern Conference Finals the last 2 seasons with another year of experience. We're doomed!!!

getting to the finals once and ecf twice in the past 2 years means absolutely nothing if they didn't win it all, imo.

i'd be more happy if this team was a winner instead of just a contender.

if you ain't first......you're last

I agree with that, but I'm just saying. We were pretty close the last 2 seasons and the team can improve with what we currently have. I wouldn't say we're doomed.

quote:
Originally posted by joezstuff:

You MVP guys kill me, you knock the little guys with all your stupid pictures,and you think that your the god of basketball, Give me a break when you blame SVG. He is the best coach that we have had. Everyone makes mistakes, why don't you blame the front office!

All these guys on the site that are here 24-7 this is the only life you know....

I come here to hear what the little guys says and you guys are either mocking them like you are the kings of the Blogs....Give me a break!

And get a job!

You do realize we were backing up SVG, right? nawwww

PG: Jameer/Williams/Johnson

SG: Vince Carter/Redick

SF: Matt Barnes/Pietrus

PF: Rashard Lewis/Ryan Anderson/Brand Bass

C: Dwight Howard/Marcin Gortat

Just remember guys... this team swept two playoff teams and acquired the 2nd best record in the league. Sure it might not looking appealing to see a bunch what people think are no names, but that's just not the case on the court.

quote:
Originally posted by PEC:

quote:

svg is pretty brain dead when it comes to offense........

not as brain dead as mike brown but brain dead nonetheless

It would be nice if you could post something nice about the Magic and if you can't just don't. I honestly don't even know why you are posting here you seem to hate everything about the Magic.

Is it just me or do other people see the same thing?!

i wouldn't see his post if you didn't quote him..just use the ignore feature..there is only so many times you can read about everything being SVG's fault..

quote:
Originally posted by St3althW4rrior:

C-Dwight/Gortat/Orton

PF-Anderson/Bass/Robinson

SF-Rashard/Pietrus

SG-Carter/Redick

PG-Nelson/Duhon

Ah yes. I forgot Mr. Anderson. Still though. I don't see many moves in our future.

quote:
Originally posted by DustinMyselfOff:

quote:
Originally posted by St3althW4rrior:

C-Dwight/Gortat/Orton

PF-Anderson/Bass/Robinson

SF-Rashard/Pietrus

SG-Carter/Redick

PG-Nelson/Duhon

Ah yes. I forgot Mr. Anderson. Still though. I don't see many moves in our future.

free agency started a whopping 10 days ago and you're going to say that we won't be making many moves...

the season is still months away and plenty of teams can get better in those months. it's not like teams can only get significantly better within the first week of free agency or that a big impact trade can only happen in the first week of july.

quote:
Originally posted by joezstuff:

And get a job!

I agree, SVG is a great coach if not the best the Magic ever had. As good a job as Otis has done at putting complimentary players around Dwight, he failed to recognize that the Summer of 2010 would be the best opportunity to pair aonther superstar around Dwight. But then again, would the fans have been patient enough to wait why he freed up cap space in the "win now" world we live in?

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

Do you people ever just think that we didn't win it all because we just weren't better? All you argue about is how SVG should've done this or that. How about realizing that there are two teams on the floor, and the Celtics were the better one. It sucks, but there can be only one champion every year, and it doesn't have to be us.

I want a championship more than anything and I'm real hungry for one. But we need upgrades on the roster, the perimeter to be exact, in order to win a title. Especially with the Heat being a super team.

Yes Miller, but that would actually be the logical thing to do. I would much rather have knee jerk reactions, ignore what really happened, and just come up with my own asinine and opinionated conclusion as to what happened. That way three people can agree with me and I can feel good inside.

Feels good, man.

The stretch four arguements have become quite absurd. I sware, if I hear one more person say SF is Lewis' "natural" position, I'm gonna have to smack someone. Who the hell said that's his "natural" position? Because he played there with the Sonics? He's had more success here as a four than he did in Seattle. He's better suited to guard fours, and he makes the offense easier by playing there. We don't have anyone to create offense, so we need to stretch the defense out with our shooting and give Dwight as much room inside as possible.

Do you people really want Rashard guarding LeBron and vice versa?

Disagree. Lewis' statistical averages were significantly higher his last 3 years in Seattle vs. his numbers here. Certainly he's had more team success here, but he was surrounded by better players. Don't get me wrong, I think him playing 4 is a HUGE reason for Dwight's development. Especially with Hedo playing 3, and Battie being hurt. However, relegating Lewis to the 4 takes away arguably the best part of his game, which is posting up smaller players.

This is why I think we should move Lewis to the 3. There he will command double teams against every SF in the league except Lebron, Melo and probably Gerald Wallace. Anderson pretty much duplicates Lewis' offensive capabilities at the 4 position and is a better rebounder. He doesn't shoot quite as well, and doesn't have the floater, but he handles the ball much better when driving past a player that closes too hard.

And really, Rashard would guard Lebron what, 11 times per season max? Its not as though we can't play to matchups and have Pietrus at 3 for large chunks of games against Miami. And Lebron averaged 38pts against us when we beat him, he's going to get his. Obviously Lebron would be a bad matchup for him, but he's a bad matchup for everyone in the league. Miami is not the only team we have to beat, we've seen what Lewis did to Pierce in game 5, we've seen what he did to Philly in games 5 and 6.

In the absence of grabbing Iggy or Anthony, I think moving Lewis to SF is the closest we can get to having a true perimeter threat.