Sign in to follow this  
otis_smith

Expect Gortat to be traded Tuesday

quote:
Originally posted by otis_smith:

Gortat's BYC ends on Tuesday. The trade may be leaked before then, but won't be official until Tuesday. Expect him (plus fillers) to get traded to Minnesota for Al Jefferson and Corey Brewer. More updates to come...

Wouldn't mind that at all...but I'll believe it when I see it.

Essentially 2 trades, but I consolidated to 1 in the trade machine:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/t...hine?tradeId=24r9se8

Philly gets: Gortat, Anderson, Pietrus

Minny gets: Carter

Orlando gets: Jefferson, Brewer, Igoudala

Orlando:

PG: Nelson - Duhon - (Dooling for vet min?)

SG: Igoudala - Redick

SF: Lewis - Brewer - Robinson

PF: Jefferson - Bass - Anderson

CE: Howard - (cheap fa) - Orton

Igoudala is what Carter isn't (or, I guess, can be but won't be), an athletic slasher or can kill it defensively. We need him to match up with Wade and/or LeBron now. Jefferson gives us a traditional look with Lewis at SF. Jefferson/Howard down low dominate Bosh and whatever scrub they sign for the minimum. Brewer replaces Barnes but is bigger, younger and a better shooter... also a better locker room guy. Match Chicago's Redick offer; we need him back. Go sign a cheap veteran center, but Jefferson can play minutes there too. Sign Dooling for the vet min or with the BAE if we want a 3rd PG.

Philly:

PG: Holiday - Williams

SG: Turner - Greene - Meeks

SF: Young - Pietrus - Kapono

PF: Brand - Speights - Smith

CE: Gortat - Hawes

Paves the way for Holiday/Turner/Young to be their future... and it looks bright. All 3 are solid young players and they get a true Center in Gortat. Pietrus gives them the defense they lost with Iggy and a spark off the bench. They're pretty deep now, and have legit big men. Speights is not a center, so he can take over for Brand at PF eventually. Great young core that could start to win VERY soon.

Minnesota:

PG: Flynn - Sessions - Rubio?

SG: Carter - Ellington

SF: Johnson - Webster

PF: Beasley - Love

CE: Milicic - Pekovic - Hollins

Great young PFs now that they have Beasley and Love. Carter takes the load of Johnson to be THE wing scorer as a rookie. Could probably teach him a few things and then his huge contract comes off the books in a year. Johnson will be THEIR guy soon, but he won't have to force things his first year with Vince there. They got Webster from Portland so losing Brewer isn't a huge deal. Great young core in Flynn, Rubio?, Johnson, Beasley, and Love to build on and with Vince's contract coming off the books they'll have tons of cap room next summer to go get some guys without having to suck this year.

quote:
Originally posted by ohiomagicfan:

Orlando:

PG: Nelson - Duhon - (Dooling for vet min?)

SG: Igoudala - Redick

SF: Lewis - Brewer - Robinson

PF: Jefferson - Bass - Anderson

CE: Howard - (cheap fa) - Orton

Igoudala is what Carter isn't (or, I guess, can be but won't be), an athletic slasher or can kill it defensively. We need him to match up with Wade and/or LeBron now. Jefferson gives us a traditional look with Lewis at SF. Jefferson/Howard down low dominate Bosh and whatever scrub they sign for the minimum. Brewer replaces Barnes but is bigger, younger and a better shooter... also a better locker room guy. Match Chicago's Redick offer; we need him back. Go sign a cheap veteran center, but Jefferson can play minutes there too. Sign Dooling for the vet min or with the BAE if we want a 3rd PG.

Philly:

PG: Holiday - Williams

SG: Turner - Greene - Meeks

SF: Young - Pietrus - Kapono

PF: Brand - Speights - Smith

CE: Gortat - Hawes

Paves the way for Holiday/Turner/Young to be their future... and it looks bright. All 3 are solid young players and they get a true Center in Gortat. Pietrus gives them the defense they lost with Iggy and a spark off the bench. They're pretty deep now, and have legit big men. Speights is not a center, so he can take over for Brand at PF eventually. Great young core that could start to win VERY soon.

Minnesota:

PG: Flynn - Sessions - Rubio?

SG: Carter - Ellington

SF: Johnson - Webster

PF: Beasley - Love

CE: Milicic - Pekovic - Hollins

Great young PFs now that they have Beasley and Love. Carter takes the load of Johnson to be THE wing scorer as a rookie. Could probably teach him a few things and then his huge contract comes off the books in a year. Johnson will be THEIR guy soon, but he won't have to force things his first year with Vince there. They got Webster from Portland so losing Brewer isn't a huge deal. Great young core in Flynn, Rubio?, Johnson, Beasley, and Love to build on and with Vince's contract coming off the books they'll have tons of cap room next summer to go get some guys without having to suck this year.

i love it when people are in their own dream modes.

quote:
Originally posted by Walddo:

Seems one sided, a back up center for a starting pf and backup wing?

When trading, Gortat should not be considered a back-up. He is a legit starter and we should obtain a starter for him.

quote:
Originally posted by bigpimpatl:

quote:

Why? Because I tried to put together and validate all the rumors? I didn't make these up to just make them up. This is what's floating around and while everybody just shrugs them off I tried to explain why they may work. Chill out bro.

quote:
Originally posted by JasonLynx:

quote:
Originally posted by Walddo:

Seems one sided, a back up center for a starting pf and backup wing?

When trading, Gortat should not be considered a back-up. He is a legit starter and we should obtain a starter for him.

That is one some people are forgetting. There is a shortage of legit athletic 7 foot centers in this league and he is one of them. Is he Kareem, Wilt or Shaq? No but he is closer than 75% of the rest of the guys in the league.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why? Because I tried to put together and validate all the rumors? I didn't make these up to just make them up. This is what's floating around and while everybody just shrugs them off I tried to explain why they may work. Chill out bro.

There isn't any rumor that suggests we would trade for Iguodala. Also, we don't need Jefferson nor is Iguodala anything close to an upgrade over VC.

quote:
Originally posted by Magic Fan 3:

quote:

quote:

quote:

There isn't any rumor that suggests we would trade for Iguodala. Also, we don't need Jefferson nor is Iguodala anything close to an upgrade over VC.

I beg to differ. Jefferson has been a 20/10 low post presence the last three years and also brings size and 1-2 blocks per game. He is only 25 years old and has a good face up jumper.

I'm not really an Iggy fan because I think, like Vince, he takes ill-advised shots and is a high-volume, low-efficiency scorer. However, he is younger than VC, more athletic, and a much much better defender. I think both are upgrades at the 2 and 4.

iggy plays much better d. while vc does shoot better, that difference does not overcome is lack of effort and shot selection.

iggy is a better player and i'm sure of most orlando fans would much rather have him here than vc.

that said, i know we won't get iggy, but we can all wish.

The only way I see this happening is if it goes like this:

Magic get: Al Jefferson, Corey Brewer and Ryan Hollins

Timberwolves get: Vince Carter and Marcin Gortat

That leaves us a starting a rotation of:

Dwight/Hollins/........ Orton

Jefferson/Bass/Anderson

Lewis/Pietrus

Brewer/Redick (Matched)

Jameer/Duhon

That leaves us almost 2 deep at every spot. With this trade the magic would save about 4mil to help match JJ's front loaded contract.

This is just my 2 cents of speculation. If this rumor is even valid.

quote:
Originally posted by Magic Fan 3:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Uh, yes there are. The rumor is Otis would go after Igoudala if we can get Jefferson, or possibly go after Igoudala anyway. Also, yes, he would be an upgrade over Carter. He isn't as good a shooter, but he is willing to take it to the hoop and plays with MUCH more intensity on the defensive end. Carter couldn't defend Wade or LeBron if his life depended on it, Igoudala could though. We have enough shooter with Nelson and Lewis and Redick, (also Pietrus if we can keep him) plus Brewer's not bad if we happen to get him.