Sign in to follow this  
Murphy13

Al Harrington: "I like the Magic"

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

I'm having a real hard time figuring out why Otis didn't secure a S&T with NY for Al using our TPE.

NY would have received the cap space they coveted while also receiving something of value. Instead, they renounced him and got nothing.

We would have landed a player that fits our system who has something to prove in the ay of contributing to a contender.

I get it that ORL may not want to extend themselves too far into LT territory, but with the new arena opening and our rival to the south getting much, much stronger, it would behoove Otis do something with that TPE if we are still expecting to win championships.

new york gets nothing from the TPE as they're already under the cap.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

I'm having a real hard time figuring out why Otis didn't secure a S&T with NY for Al using our TPE.

NY would have received the cap space they coveted while also receiving something of value. Instead, they renounced him and got nothing.

We would have landed a player that fits our system who has something to prove in the ay of contributing to a contender.

I get it that ORL may not want to extend themselves too far into LT territory, but with the new arena opening and our rival to the south getting much, much stronger, it would behoove Otis do something with that TPE if we are still expecting to win championships.

Could have involved a third team to get them a draft pick.

quote:

quote:

quote:

cant trade the tpe for a pick

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

cant trade the tpe for a pick

It's a three team deal.

Put your thinking cap on.

Magic trade TPE and 2nd round pick to team over cap, team over cap sends NY low priced player and future first round pick, we get Harrington.

ny renounced his rights. we cannot s&t for him

our tpe is expired. we cannot use that to get him

basically, we can only offer harrington the rest of our MLE, our BAE, or a vet minimum contract. since it's doubtful he'll take any of those, harrington to the magic can pretty much be put to rest.

In all fairness to the situation, Harrington did say in that video interview that money is not of concern to him. I believe.

If its between Harrington and Shard for the 4 spot, Harrington gets the nod imo.

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

basically, we can only offer harrington the rest of our MLE, our BAE, or a vet minimum contract. since it's doubtful he'll take any of those, harrington to the magic can pretty much be put to rest.

Dammit, why do so many people lack simple reading comprehension skills or creative thinking skills?!?

I said, "I'm having a real hard time figuring out why Otis didn't secure a S&T with NY for Al using our TPE."

I am NOT discussing the team's ability to now use the TPE in any transaction. The use of past tense should have been your first clue.

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Why do we keep talking S&T and TPE? Neither of those are possible anymore.

Didn't we already establish that it does not expire to tuesday.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

Dammit, why do so many people lack simple reading comprehension skills or creative thinking skills?!?

I said, "I'm having a real hard time figuring out why Otis didn't secure a S&T with NY for Al using our TPE."

I am NOT discussing the team's ability to now use the TPE in any transaction. The use of past tense should have been your first clue.

why do people get so defensive? did i quote anything you said? no. did i state your name at all in my post? no. tbh, i didn't even read your post. not sure why you're going off on a tangent but i guess you're just trying to show off your super comprehension skills and creative thinking skills!

quote:
Originally posted by KandiKane:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Why do we keep talking S&T and TPE? Neither of those are possible anymore.

Didn't we already establish that it does not expire to tuesday.

No, we didn't. Please show me where we did.

i dont think the tpe was talked about..like lewisftw said the tpe is useless to teams under the cap. i think like one insider said..knicks wanted gortat but we wanted to give up bass.

hopefully he'll just take the rest of the mle