Murphy13

Al Harrington: "I like the Magic"

quote:
Originally posted by Miguel3107:

quote:
Originally posted by jadee0301:

quote:
Originally posted by MagicAtic:

Harrington is not just a shooter but he slashes too. He takes it to the hole. If we get him he will probably start at the 4, moving Shard to the 3.

i think that would be the case also

That would be the solution! Really

Van Gundy can turn coal into diamonds! He would be a better defensive player if he wants to.

MY NAME IS AL HARRINGTON, AND I GET BUCKETS

Anyone remember that commercial that had the Magic players say what they believed in, and T-Mac said, "I believe in taking a lot of shots."?

Not sure why I mentioned that, but anyway, I don't want Harrington unless he plays some defense and isn't a grand chucker.

The more I think about Al the more I feel he would be perfect in our system. I like that he said that it's hard to be known as a good defender when you play in a system that lacks defensive structure.

It's going to work, just don't sign him for more than 3 years. We need to be players when D12 is a FA.

I really hope we get him. maybe a sign and trade for bass or pietrus. He fits our team very well and as posted above he could slide shard over to the 3 and he could play the 4. he is a hell of a scorer.This team lacks that.

quote:

The more I think about Al the more I feel he would be perfect in our system. I like that he said that it's hard to be known as a good defender when you play in a system that lacks defensive structure.

It's going to work, just don't sign him for more than 3 years. We need to be players when D12 is a FA.

I like that we would have two tall forwards who could spread the floor like Turk and Shard did. Having Shard play the 4 isn't nearly as bad when you have a tall SF to make up for it. Although between Harrington and Lewis I'm not sure exactly who would play 3 and who would play 4.

quote:
Originally posted by Irishdawg90:

quote:

I like that we would have two tall forwards who could spread the floor like Turk and Shard did. Having Shard play the 4 isn't nearly as bad when you have a tall SF to make up for it. Although between Harrington and Lewis I'm not sure exactly who would play 3 and who would play 4.

Thats the thing. We will not have either SF nor PF. We will Be able to have two combo forwards. By that interview it seems like his head is in the right place. I would love to add him, and I do think it is a real possibility. I think the knicks would be up for s-n-t him for the TPE.

I can not wait to see Otis's moves in the next 7 days. If you know Otis, you know he is going to make a massive splash. No way that he does not. Poker face!

Also did any of you take note that Harrington did mention that he expects to sign with someone in the next couple of days. And then did not mention who he thought he could be going to. I think he said that just in case a s-n-t to Magic did not end up happening.

If we get Al Harrington then it will be the final nail in the coffin as far as the relevance of Rashard Lewis. I really hope Orlando trades this guy because the situation isn't great for either party.

He is a shade of his former self because of how he's used. Right now i see him as great fit in Utah as they have no great post player and no true number two to Deron Williams. Kirilenko would look nice in out starting small forward spot.

I'm having a real hard time figuring out why Otis didn't secure a S&T with NY for Al using our TPE.

NY would have received the cap space they coveted while also receiving something of value. Instead, they renounced him and got nothing.

We would have landed a player that fits our system who has something to prove in the ay of contributing to a contender.

I get it that ORL may not want to extend themselves too far into LT territory, but with the new arena opening and our rival to the south getting much, much stronger, it would behoove Otis do something with that TPE if we are still expecting to win championships.

I don't see this one happening, he would have to take the remainder of what we have left of the mle and at 30yrs old there's no way he does that. He has a few years left before he starts to ring chase.

Think i'm one of the few who would like to see him in Orlando. I think Stan could really do something with the guy on the defensive end (he seems to do it with everyone else he coaches)and he seemed to grow up a bit on a personal level in New York. Shame the Knicks released his rights, we may have been able to do something.