Sign in to follow this  
Raven1

We are now now really starting to feel Shard"s bad contract.

quote:
Originally posted by JJ is MY homeboy:

I'm pretty sure a country like Uruguay with a population of 3.5 million CARED about the 3rd place game. Regardless if they won or lost the game getting to that point in the tournament is what mattered. Sooooo you fail

Well I question Uruguay's "winners mentality" or lack thereof

quote:
Originally posted by Debonair:

quote:

I'm pretty sure a country like Uruguay with a population of 3.5 million CARED about the 3rd place game. Regardless if they won or lost the game getting to that point in the tournament is what mattered. Sooooo you fail

Right, the entire nation, and the majority of people on this forum are wrong. You're the trailblazer, the pioneer, here to set the world straight.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

thats bull. This all establishes a legacy. Its part of our relationship with the team. Its something we can talk about years from now, about how we walked the same path with each other, with the team.

Championships are a luxury. Its something we can taste because we've been so close. If we win one this year, yeah sure we'll talk about the glory season, but we'll also talk about McGrady, Darrell Armstrong, Penny and Shaq, Courtney Lee, JJ, Scott Skiles, the ****ty but homey arena, the venue vote, Game 7 in boston, beating King James, the nick anderson free throws, Grant Hill, all of the horrible trades, all of the horrible draft picks, everything.

Everything Matters.

i don't know about you but i don't wanna talk about the magic rolling over to the lakers in the finals last year and getting embarrassed by boston this year. I want to put that all behind me and look towards the future. the season they win a championship is the season they establish their legacy, imo.

lets put the past behind us and look towards a brighter future!

right now the lakers are #1. the magic are 1 of 29 teams that did not win a championship this year. that's how I look at it.

For someone who is all about being a champion and not looking back at past "failures", it sure is weird you are rocking a Penny avatar.

quote:

quote:

Well I question how much of a magic fan you really are. And btw I don't think you have very many friends here on the forum...

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

How can we look toward a bright future if we haven't won a championship? We are on the same level as the Clippers or Washington right now.

Why is that future brighter? The hopes of a championship? How can you have hope for a championship if the journey isn't moving you in that direction? Only, according to you, the journey is meaningless. There is no reason to get excited about this team until they win a championship.

how can i look towards a brighter future if they haven't won a championship? that hardly makes sense. the "brighter future" that I want is the championship. after they win that then I will reminisce on the journey.

this years journey wasn't great. they lost to boston. last years journey wasn't great.........they lost to la. the journey only matters if you win.

having penny in my avy has nothing to do with this discussion.......pretty irrelevant. we all know penny didn't win a championship.

and I am absolutely a magic fan. been one for years. even before I moved from NY or orlando I was a fan. I'm just saying that I don't care what they're accomplishing right now because they aren't champions. being #1 and/or winning a championship should be on every athletes mind.........unless you're name is like....jamarcus russell and all you think about is money.

I haven't read much of this topic besides the Topic Message, but I don't need to.

Threads like this are ridiculous. You are looking at the most negative side of this team and judging it as the basis of this team not winning the title. So what if he has a max contract. He carried this team through the playoffs in 08-09 making numerous clutch shots. Now he has an off year and you think he's a total waste? I expect Shard to bounce back more than anyone this upcoming season. He'll probably score the 2nd most points behind Dwight Howard.

Now if this were to happen, would you still be upset about Rashard's contract?

Which bring me to my next point... I can't stand how many trade threads and generally negative threads can even be allowed on this board let alone talked about our own players in an outright disrespectful manner. Uhhh, let's see people... you were probably the same one that thought Arroyo should be our PG over Nelson and few years back. Look how that turned up.

Now all I hear is how we want CP3 over our main man Nelson as if he didn't play incredible in the playoffs this year. So what if he's had injuries... uhh guess what? So has CP3.

What more do you want on this team?!? We have every position filled, by solid players up and down the lineup. And yes, this team can beat the Heat. Look, we didn't win the East this year much less the Finals, but on any given night this team can be unbeatable.

Stop talking about blowing it up, and how much the contracts are messing things up, and how much you want other players, etc. I mean honestly half of you people sound like you aren't even Magic fans. THIS is the team that got to the Finals. THIS is the team that won 59 games 2 years in a row.

Enough already.

calm down with the irrelevant rant mongoose. no one said shard is a waste....I'm saying he wasn't worth the max. houston wasn't even gonna offer him that.

This thread is dumb. Why? Where would we be without Rashard Lewis? What if we had signed VINCE CARTER that offseason instead?

I didn't have to read 70 posts to form my opinion.