Sign in to follow this  
Captain Hindsight

Redick offered 3 years $20m from bulls

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

I've never been one to endorse violence, but jesus ****ing christ.

Just kill yourselves already. If you're going to freak out like this over the prospect of a basketball team maybe losing its backup shooting guard, at this point you're just weighing down the rest of humanity.

Holy ****ing hell.

lol! so true on so many levels. Let them eat cake I say.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

According to what I read it is a front loaded deal. Take the hit in the first year and move on.

I've read that term "front loaded" a lot this week. What exactly does that mean?

quote:
Originally posted by AQUARIUM61:

quote:

No. I do have a football game to play in at 4. Assuming it isn't still raining, which it might be. Ho hum.

I also really like the idea that: "Hey smart guy! Why don't you hang out with your smart friends away from us totally not smart people!" is somehow supposed to be an insult to me.

No it is not an insult to you, but everyone with any intelligence can figure out that you have a very high IQ. It is not really necessary for you to bash other people who are not as gifted as you.

I hope you're joking because this is an insult of absurd proportions to a lot of good people on this message board.

quote:
Originally posted by est. 1984:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

Aren't you late for a chess club meeting or something?

lololololololololololol

No. I do have a football game to play in at 4.

I like how you didn't want to seem nerdy with chess club and so you countered with a manly sport like football. Sorry, just thought that was funny.

Wasn't really trying to counter anything. I joined an adult flag football league in Baltimore.

I have a game today at 4.

quote:
Originally posted by magic berto:

quote:
Originally posted by AQUARIUM61:

quote:

No. I do have a football game to play in at 4. Assuming it isn't still raining, which it might be. Ho hum.

I also really like the idea that: "Hey smart guy! Why don't you hang out with your smart friends away from us totally not smart people!" is somehow supposed to be an insult to me.

No it is not an insult to you, but everyone with any intelligence can figure out that you have a very high IQ. It is not really necessary for you to bash other people who are not as gifted as you.

I hope you're joking because this is an insult of absurd proportions to a lot of good people on this message board.

Of course I was joking.

quote:
Originally posted by bravlady:

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

According to what I read it is a front loaded deal. Take the hit in the first year and move on.

I've read that term "front loaded" a lot this week. What exactly does that mean?

It means it's heavier on the front than on the back, the same as front-loaded means when it's used to describe anything.

More money the first year, less money at the end of the contract.

Rev or Soulbro, I have a question for you. With the proposed deal earlier of Gortat and pieces for Iggy and Thad, which apparently Philly was not hot on for the inclusion of Young, would they be more amenable if JJ was signed and traded?

I know Philly has been looking for a shooter for some time and Kapono never really worked out since losing Korver. I'm just thinking if we can swing that deal by including JJ and the Jefferson/Brewer deal for VC, I'd be very satisfied with a SG position of Iggy/Brewer. Not to mention Thad gives us depth at the 3.

quote:
Originally posted by Darrell_Armstrong:

Rev or Soulbro, I have a question for you. With the proposed deal earlier of Gortat and pieces for Iggy and Thad, which apparently Philly was not hot on for the inclusion of Young, would they be more amenable if JJ was signed and traded?

I know Philly has been looking for a shooter for some time and Kapono never really worked out since losing Korver. I'm just thinking if we can swing that deal by including JJ and the Jefferson/Brewer deal for VC, I'd be very satisfied with a SG position of Iggy/Brewer. Not to mention Thad gives us depth at the 3.

This was already brought up, but to repeat once Redick signs the offer sheet the Magic cannot sign and trade him.

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:
Originally posted by ezzzp:

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

*buries his head in his hands*

My heart says match, my head says let him go, or sign and trade.. or in this case, match and trade...

If we lose both Redick AND Barnes without replacing them, this offseason is a failure. I'm just sayin'.

I hear you, Redick's grit made me a huge fan of his. But physical limitations are insurmountable and he is now a better trade piece than the type of defensive guard we need (specially if we cant move VC).

"The Pacers have several top players with expiring contracts, such as Troy Murphy ($11.97 million), Mike Dunleavy ($10.56 million), T.J. Ford ($8.78 mlllion) and also have Jamaal Tinsley ($7.5 million) still on the books. Without giving names, Bird said it's possible the Pacers, instead of waiting to use their cap room on free agents and risk being left without impact signees, might make a deal by acquiring a player or players with multiple years left on their deals."

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/0...s-about-free-agents/

Redick $7M and Brandon Bass $4M = Troy Murphy $11M

J Nelson/C Duhon/_____

M Barnes*/V Carter

R Lewis/ M Pietrus

T Murphy/R Anderson

D Howard/M Gortat/_____

*if we can sign him - and yes he can and has played sg

why would barnes start over vince? and why would we go after troy murphy?

Barnes would start over Vince because of defense and because he requires less shots. Acquiring Murphy would allow Shard to move to the three and we would still be able to spread the floor with a starting quality PF. Murphy is also a great rebounder and that has been a liability at PF. One of the defensive advantages we had w/ Hedo was the ability to play 3 near 7' (as does LA) on the frontline. You add Barnes defense and size and we are a huge team with good to very good rebounders at 3 positions (g/pf/c) and length at the sf. Moving VC to the second unit gives us a legitimate 6th man weapon and gives us offense of will be a very off. challenged second unit. In addition VC will feast on second units.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

*buries his head in his hands*

My heart says match, my head says let him go, or sign and trade.. or in this case, match and trade...

If we lose both Redick AND Barnes without replacing them, this offseason is a failure. I'm just sayin'.

I hear you, Redick's grit made me a huge fan of his. But physical limitations are insurmountable and he is now a better trade piece than the type of defensive guard we need (specially if we cant move VC).

"The Pacers have several top players with expiring contracts, such as Troy Murphy ($11.97 million), Mike Dunleavy ($10.56 million), T.J. Ford ($8.78 mlllion) and also have Jamaal Tinsley ($7.5 million) still on the books. Without giving names, Bird said it's possible the Pacers, instead of waiting to use their cap room on free agents and risk being left without impact signees, might make a deal by acquiring a player or players with multiple years left on their deals."

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/0...s-about-free-agents/

Redick $7M and Brandon Bass $4M = Troy Murphy $11M

J Nelson/C Duhon/_____

M Barnes*/V Carter

R Lewis/ M Pietrus

T Murphy/R Anderson

D Howard/M Gortat/_____

*if we can sign him - and yes he can and has played sg

why would barnes start over vince? and why would we go after troy murphy?

Barnes would start over Vince because of defense and because he requires less shots. Acquiring Murphy would allow Shard to move to the three and we would still be able to spread the floor with a starting quality PF. Murphy is also a great rebounder and that has been a liability at PF. One of the defensive advantages we had w/ Hedo was the ability to play 3 near 7' (as does LA) on the frontline. You add Barnes defense and size and we are a huge team with good to very good rebounders at 3 positions (g/pf/c) and length at the sf. Moving VC to the second unit gives us a legitimate 6th man weapon and gives us offense of will be a very off. challenged second unit. In addition VC will feast on second units.

One more time. When Redick signs the Offer Sheet the Magic cannot sign and trade him.

I don't know why some people just refuse to read. It's not going to happen, because it can't happen.

Unless you are planning on doing it next year. By that year Redick will be earning 5 million.