Sign in to follow this  
TragicFan

Insider info: Granger, Harrington still alive, CP3 talks dead, R. Brewer, and more!

To end the stretch 4 conversation. If we had a combination of Chris Paul, a capable SG or SF that can penetrate/create his own shot ala like Hedo did for us last year, the stretch 4 would Win Championships all day including over the big 3.

Ideal Stretch 4 Lineup:

CP3

Iggy/JJ

Turk/Tashon

Shard

D12

This team could play D and offense, no team could defend this team...

quote:
Well for nine years Rashard was able to play quite well at the three, regardless of the "matchups". I'm sure he'd be ok, it's where he made a name for himself.

the debate isn't about whether he can play it. the debate is if he produces more at it against the majority of the nba teams.

quote:
It's more than just rebounding, it's having another interior presence on offense and defense besides just Dwight. We'll only find out how well it will work out if we try it.

you mentioned rebounding. it wasn't a problem. then you use circular logic. we have tried it, and it's worked in spurts, but it's never worked over a long period. this was seen in the beginning of the season, and the seasons before. you can also look at the overall success of the past 3 seasons in general. you're going to need more than 'well you never know.'

well you never know if jameer could play SG either!

quote:
And I never said a team with a stretch four can't win a title. I just know that we haven't yet

and as lewis4thewin has said already, we haven't with plenty of other options either. the 4 spot is being singled out.

quote:
Originally posted by GhostAnime:

quote:
Well for nine years Rashard was able to play quite well at the three, regardless of the "matchups". I'm sure he'd be ok, it's where he made a name for himself.

the debate isn't about whether he can play it. the debate is if he produces more at it against the majority of the nba teams.

quote:
It's more than just rebounding, it's having another interior presence on offense and defense besides just Dwight. We'll only find out how well it will work out if we try it.

you mentioned rebounding. it wasn't a problem. then you use circular logic. we have tried it, and it's worked in spurts, but it's never worked over a long period. this was seen in the beginning of the season, and the seasons before. you can also look at the overall success of the past 3 seasons in general. you're going to need more than 'well you never know.'

quote:
And I never said a team with a stretch four can't win a title. I just know that we haven't yet

and as lewis4thewin has said already, we haven't with plenty of other options either. the 4 spot is being singled out.

Can he produce at it? Now I think you're just going out of your way to be annoying. He can be very productive from the four spot, but only if used properly. Unfortunately that will never be the case here because having him at the four automatically ends any chance that he's used properly. If the idea is to spread the floor around Dwight, we certainly aren't going to start running post plays for Rashard, would defeat the purpose of having HIM at the four to begin with. As I already said, Rashard has a long history of "producing more at the three".

If you honestly don't feel rebounding is a problem then you just aren't watching the same Magic team that I am. Here's a quote from our coach from earlier in the season:

"The (Stoudemire) rebound in that situation is the big problem,

quote:
Originally posted by Escobar06:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Can he produce at it? Now I think you're just going out of your way to be annoying. He can be very productive from the four spot, but only if used properly. Unfortunately that will never be the case here because having him at the four automatically ends any chance that he's used properly. If the idea is to spread the floor around Dwight, we certainly aren't going to start running post plays for Rashard, would defeat the purpose of having HIM at the four to begin with. As I already said, Rashard has a long history of "producing more at the three".

If you honestly don't feel rebounding is a problem then you just aren't watching the same Magic team that I am. Here's a quote from our coach from earlier in the season:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by Escobar06:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by i_am_the_1:

To end the stretch 4 conversation. If we had a combination of Chris Paul, a capable SG or SF that can penetrate/create his own shot ala like Hedo did for us last year, the stretch 4 would Win Championships all day including over the big 3.

Ideal Stretch 4 Lineup:

CP3

Iggy/JJ

Turk/Tashon

Shard

D12

This team could play D and offense, no team could defend this team...

And how do you propose that we get Iggy, JJ, CP3, Turk (fail), Tayshaun Prince, and have reliable backups. If you can pull this off, then we need to fire Otis and promote you.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

ZOMG D00DS, GO BUCS!!!

Houston+Texans+v+Tampa+Bay+Buccaneers+aF67vnyvMAjl.jpg

That Man is gonna have is coming out party this year. Go ahead and laugh. The Bucs are gonna ride the worst to first NFC south and Madden cover curses to a division championship this year *****.

The stats dont tell the whole picture though, because Dwight is such a monster on the boards that he negates the fallousy of Lewis at the four, he makes up for his mistakes.

Also, Dwight obviously is THE reason why "we are a good defensive rebounding team". When he takes himself out of rebounding position we often times miss out on the rebound. If we were a good rebounding TEAM (not one player who picks up the slack for everyone else), it wouldn't matter if Dwight wasn't in position to rebound. Clearly though, it does.

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

The stats dont tell the whole picture though, because Dwight is such a monster on the boards that he negates the fallousy of Lewis at the four, he makes up for his mistakes.

I know that. But we can't have a rebounding problem and be first place in defensive rebounds...

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

I know that. But we can't have a rebounding problem and be first place in defensive rebounds...

How did we do in second chance points and fast break points?