Sign in to follow this  
NittanyBuc

Official NBA 2K11 Thread (Cover Athlete Announced)

I would be pumped to play this but I got the red rings after 4 long years last night.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/15/towel-trick-provides-temporary-fix-to-xbox-360s-red-ring-of-d/

Try this, man. I know a few friends who got by from using this trick while debating whether or not to get a new machine. I'm guessing your warranty is up, I can't remember how long Microsoft's warranty is, but 4 years is a LONG time haha. The new 360 is pretty fly though, my brother has it...slick and quiet.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/15/towel-trick-provides-temporary-fix-to-xbox-360s-red-ring-of-d/

Try this, man. I know a few friends who got by from using this trick while debating whether or not to get a new machine. I'm guessing your warranty is up, I can't remember how long Microsoft's warranty is, but 4 years is a LONG time haha. The new 360 is pretty fly though, my brother has it...slick and quiet.

You're nuts.

Do not do the towel trick. I permanently broke my first 360 doing that.

Do not do the towel trick. I permanently broke my first 360 doing that.

I never knew someone who broke their 360 with the towel trick, but I guess I do now. So yea, do it at your own risk.

May be upgrade time for you Jareth. Assuming you want to stick with Microsoft and the 360, the new verison is Kinect ready and has built in Wi-Fi. It's $300 for a new one, pricey, but computers usually start to wear down after a few years so, IDK, it's all personal preference.

You're nuts.

it works.

also red ring should be covered still

Solutions

Repair your console: Warranty extension

XboxSupportWizardSolutionHtml1

Unfortunately, we were not able to fix your flashing lights problem. You will need to send us your console for repair.

Quick facts about the repair process

* How long will it take? The average repair time is 14-21 days for customers in the United States and Canada. More information

* What's the cost? If your console is still in warranty, the repair is free. If your console is out of warranty, you will need to pay for the repair. Consoles with three flashing lights are eligible for a warranty extension. For more information, please see our Warranty FAQ

it works.

Yes, by making the problem worse. My Xbox lasted for a month of Towel-Tricking.

Get it repaired or just go with the new model.

That happened to me and I had the XBOX for 4 years already. I did the towel trick and it worked for a week or two, but then it stopped working, and I stopped doing it. I called XBOX SUPPORT and told them I wasn't sure how long I had the system for, but heard about their replacement for XBOXs with RROD. After giving them my serial number, they told me to send it, linked me to how to send it for free, and basically sent it back to me within a week and half. All free of charge.

Just went on the Microsoft site. Apparently the warranty expires 11/3/2010, so everything is free. That's awesome.

Is it permanently fixed after they send it back or is there a chance it gets the rings again?

Just went on the Microsoft site. Apparently the warranty expires 11/3/2010, so everything is free. That's awesome.

Is it permanently fixed after they send it back or is there a chance it gets the rings again?

I've had mine for a year and it has not happened...

also, when they sent it back to me they also gave me 3 months free on XBL