Sign in to follow this  
MMatthews77

Chris Duhon to join Magic

Someone help me out here, weren't we paying AJ 3 or 3.5 a year as a backup? A backup that barely got any run so now we have a solid back up for under 4 a year, why is anyone complaining about this?

We've been looking at Duhon since we had Steve Francis on the roster, he gives us some size and defense at the point a place were we got beat up last year, what isn't there to like about this move?

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Someone help me out here, weren't we paying AJ 3 or 3.5 a year as a backup? A backup that barely got any run so now we have a solid back up for under 4 a year, why is anyone complaining about this?

We've been looking at Duhon since we had Steve Francis on the roster, he gives us some size and defense at the point a place were we got beat up last year, what isn't there to like about this move?

AJ made a hair over 2 mil for each of the last two years.

quote:
Originally posted by Ted Stickle:

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

That's a lot of money for a third string PG that barely got minutes this year.

quote:
Originally posted by Chi Town Hustler:

quote:
Originally posted by Ted Stickle:

That's a lot of money for a third string PG that barely got minutes this year.
And don't be surprised it Otis resigns him to the vet minimum to be the 3rd PG again. A guy that is always ready to step in, but doesn't mope about not getting minutes, works hard in practice and is a positive teammate/locker room influence. Sounds like Pops to me. There is a reason that AJ and Adonal Foyle have had contracts the last couple of years, and it obviously has more to do with the locker room and the practice court than it does their "game contributions".

quote:

How much is the vet minimum?

depends on time in the league. Foyle made over 1 mil last season. minimum for younger players is something like 600k

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

How much is the vet minimum?

depends on time in the league. Foyle made over 1 mil last season. minimum for younger players is something like 600k

If that's the case, I'd have no problem with Pops getting paid the minimum. He's good chemistry on this team.

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

I was thinking about this: who is a realistic upgrade over Vince at this point? I just don't see one available. Otis would have an easier time getting Boozer IMO than someone who was a legit upgrade at the wing.

I mean honestly, I'll take my chances with a Vince Carter as opposed to someone like John Salmons or a defensive player like Brewer. Vince's critics were right, but he can still redeem himself here.

Iggy if Philly decides to trade him. Other than that, I guess nobody.

philly won't give iggy up unless they're getting talent in return, you'd have to send gortat or bass with vince in order to pry a guy like him away from that team. taking brand in and losing andre miller.. there doesn't seem to be much of a plan in philly to tell you the truth.

i would totally trade gortat, bass, and vince for iggy. in a f'ing heartbeat

quote:
Originally posted by Debonair:

i'd love for aj to come back and be the reserve pg next season. aj is that dude.

He's easily my favorite player on the Magic.

He blurs the line between head and shoulders.

I would just like to point out that I put in my first post ever on this board that the Magic should pursue Chris Duhon during the offseason and like 20 people said that would be a horrible move and that he sucked. Same people are currently saying great movie, solid back up.

my oh my how times change

quote:
Originally posted by OrlandoNKentucky:

I would just like to point out that I put in my first post ever on this board that the Magic should pursue Chris Duhon during the offseason and like 20 people said that would be a horrible move and that he sucked. Same people are currently saying great movie, solid back up.

my oh my how times change

haters gon hate