Sign in to follow this  
MMatthews77

Chris Duhon to join Magic

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

I actually like this more than the Watson deal after I thought about it.

Watson is a young gunner at this point of his career. Duhon is the perfect age to really contribute to this team with what we need at that spot. Defense, hustle, and playmaking.

Also, thank GOD we have something to talk about again.

**** right, this free agency has been terribly slow, last summer this message board was crazy with rumours and signings, we need summit to keep us goin until october.

quote:

quote:
BQRMagic

Gotta love Otis: yesterday, says "what's the rush?" w/r/t free agency; today, agrees to terms w/ Chris Duhon.

less than a minute ago via web

Hahaha. So true...

"w/r/t"? That's so gross. JUST SPELL IT OUT, STUPIDS. IT NOT THAT MUCH OF AN INCONVENIENCE TO START USING ACTUALLY WORDS. ****.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:

quote:
BQRMagic

Gotta love Otis: yesterday, says "what's the rush?" w/r/t free agency; today, agrees to terms w/ Chris Duhon.

less than a minute ago via web

Hahaha. So true...

"w/r/t"? That's so gross. JUST SPELL IT OUT, STUPIDS. IT NOT THAT MUCH OF AN INCONVENIENCE TO START USING ACTUALLY WORDS. ****.

IT'S TWITTER YOU IDIOT YOU HAVE TO CUT DOWN ON CHARACTERS.

see i don't know. i'm kind of either way on this one, but i do think he is a solid pg, hmm, we'll just have to wait until the season starts. 15 mil for 4 years. hmmm. at least he defends well!

The guy is a passing PG who defends. It is perfect. It will allow Jameer to spend a little time at SG if he remains on the team.

It also is ideal for JJ and Duhon to play in the backcourt together in the second unit. Duhon's penetration was what set up JJ for 3s back in the Duke days.

Duhon also was Boozer's PG, and we will just let that can of worms open up just a bit.

Good pick up by Otis. I was a little sad that it wasn't something huge like Paul or Boozer, but as cool as either of those would be, I think we have a championship team and this just adds more depth to our bench and patches up one of our big weaknesses.

Like I've said before, I couldn't be disappointed if Otis pulled the trigger on a blockbuster move, but I really think the guys we have can win it all (barring some super team formation)and these are the guys that I want to win it all. I want Jameer and Dwight to get rings and be up on that podium together.

Keep doin your thing thing Otis, nice work.