Sign in to follow this  
OrlandoNKentucky

UFC Fans

I like mma.

Don't have a favorite fighter, though there a plenty of fighters I like. (Rashad Evans, Shogun, GSP, BJ Penn, Couture, Matt Hughes, Crocop, Rich Franklin...)

And yes, I did.

Carwin did exactly what I expected from him in the first, what surprised me was he couldn't finish it. It was a little bit of over exertion and a little bit of Lesnar's fat head being able to take a beating.

Lesnar has a garbage stand up game, but he makes up for it in his wrestling ability, sheer strength and athleticism. Guy's a freak of nature.

Once it got on the ground you had to know that Lesnar was going to use that freakish strength and huge base frame to dominate.

Good fight, too short though. Impressive win, given the fact Lesnar came back from surgery and hasn't been in the cage for nearly a year.

Lesnar keeps getting better. I don't see anyone taking his title anytime soon. That title being King ******bag (and heavyweight champ).

The Leban fight was predictable and deserved.

I like Akiyama, but he should have lost in his debut against Belcher.

He's had success in K1 and I think he's slowly transitioning to the cage. I'll be watching his career and hope for changes.

He needs to work on a game plan. All I've seen from him since he arrived is him duking it out.

He's got a solid ground game. He needs to expand it.

Leben has been determined to get back on his game. 3 in a row now.

He disappeared for a while and trained hard after losing back to back fights at 102 and 89. The latter of which he tested positive for roids. He's matured a lot and I love his new found willpower and discipline.

Having said that, I doubt he has what it takes to beat Wanderlei.

Hey, honorable mention, Stephan Bonnar v Krzysztof Soszynski was a great fight and was exactly what you'd expect from a Bonnar fight.

You can not talk crap against the Natural!

Randy is the real deal. He's legit the bomb. I think Randy beats him by decision. I'm not sure how many more knockouts or tko's Randy has left in him, but he can still win the fights.

quote:
Originally posted by Progfrog:

I like mma.

Don't have a favorite fighter, though there a plenty of fighters I like. (Rashad Evans, Shogun, GSP, BJ Penn, Couture, Matt Hughes, Crocop, Rich Franklin...)

And yes, I did.

Carwin did exactly what I expected from him in the first, what surprised me was he couldn't finish it. It was a little bit of over exertion and a little bit of Lesnar's fat head being able to take a beating.

Lesnar has a garbage stand up game, but he makes up for it in his wrestling ability, sheer strength and athleticism. Guy's a freak of nature.

Once it got on the ground you had to know that Lesnar was going to use that freakish strength and huge base frame to dominate.

Good fight, too short though. Impressive win, given the fact Lesnar came back from surgery and hasn't been in the cage for nearly a year.

Lesnar keeps getting better. I don't see anyone taking his title anytime soon. That title being King ******bag (and heavyweight champ).

The Leban fight was predictable and deserved.

I like Akiyama, but he should have lost in his debut against Belcher.

He's had success in K1 and I think he's slowly transitioning to the cage. I'll be watching his career and hope for changes.

He needs to work on a game plan. All I've seen from him since he arrived is him duking it out.

He's got a solid ground game. He needs to expand it.

Leben has been determined to get back on his game. 3 in a row now.

He disappeared for a while and trained hard after losing back to back fights at 102 and 89. The latter of which he tested positive for roids. He's matured a lot and I love his new found willpower and discipline.

Having said that, I doubt he has what it takes to beat Wanderlei.

Hey, honorable mention, Stephan Bonnar v Krzysztof Soszynski was a great fight and was exactly what you'd expect from a Bonnar fight.

Well you and I have some favorites likes. GSP, Couture, Matt Hughes, Rich Franklin. I'm on the fence about Rashad, sometimes he's cool, but a lot of times he's a ****y SOB and gets on my nerves. I was pulling hard for Rampage when those two fought.

On to 116. I was pulling for Carwin, just because he's been so unstoppable recently. I have to give the ref props for not stopping the fight in the 1st round. Lesnar was still in it and defending himself. I was upset that Lesnar won, but I'm definitely hoping for a Carwin Lesnar two.

I was very impressed with Leban. I didn't know that he had been doing so much better lately. I really hope he starts to do well again. I've liked him ever since TUF season 1. He surprised me with his ground game. I didn't expect him to be so good on the ground. That really showed me a lot about how diverse his attack really is.

Don't you think that Leban Akiyama was somewhat similar to Bonnar Griffin in TUF season 1 finale? I thought so, both just went out swinging.

The next is Silva at 117. I think he loses for the first time and gets a well deserved piece of humble pie. Man needs to be broken.

Lesnar is lucky that Big John wasn't calling the fight because it definitely would have been stopped in the first round. Actually, the only other ref that I can think of that might have let it continue is Mazagatti because he is always a little slow to stop a fight. I have to give a lot of credit to the ref that let them continue though.

As for Toney, be careful what you ask for man. Couture has a lot of experience dealing with opponents that have tremendous punching power. He's going to work his way in to you and once he gets his hands on you, you are going to be in for a very tough night.

I'm just starting to get into UFC myself. My favorite is probably Rampage, even though his fight against Rashad Evans was virtually a wrestling match

I was pissed sexyama lost.

was even more pissed when carwin lost. but wow a 2nd round really makes a difference for that guy. he totally dominated the first round then came back tired in the 2nd. he has no stamina

I'm sure Cain Velasquez can beat brock. needs to work a bit more on his take downs and ground technique.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

Lesnar is lucky that Big John wasn't calling the fight because it definitely would have been stopped in the first round. Actually, the only other ref that I can think of that might have let it continue is Mazagatti because he is always a little slow to stop a fight. I have to give a lot of credit to the ref that let them continue though.

As for Toney, be careful what you ask for man. Couture has a lot of experience dealing with opponents that have tremendous punching power. He's going to work his way in to you and once he gets his hands on you, you are going to be in for a very tough night.

I agree about Big John McCarthy stopping that Lesnar fight, and it would've been a bad decision. I've seen stoppages take too long before, but McCarthy jumps in too often while the guy is still mounting a defense. Brock was getting hammered, but he was covered up and still defending himself. Allowing the fight to continue was the correct call.

It was also nice to see Bonnar win another fight. Like a lot of people, the first UFF show was the first live UFC event I ever watched, and that show's main event continues to be the greatest MMA fight I've ever seen in terms of overall quality(though Takayama vs. Don Frye might beat it for the sheer absurdity of the Frye/Takayama fight).

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

I agree about Big John McCarthy stopping that Lesnar fight, and it would've been a bad decision. I've seen stoppages take too long before, but McCarthy jumps in too often while the guy is still mounting a defense. Brock was getting hammered, but he was covered up and still defending himself. Allowing the fight to continue was the correct call.

It was also nice to see Bonnar win another fight. Like a lot of people, the first UFF show was the first live UFC event I ever watched, and that show's main event continues to be the greatest MMA fight I've ever seen in terms of overall quality(though Takayama vs. Don Frye might beat it for the sheer absurdity of the Frye/Takayama fight).

Exactly the first two MMA fights I ever watched were Griffin Bonnar and Hughes Gracie! Those were two classic fights!!

Hey guys! It was about time someone started this thread.

My favourite fighter is Shogun.

UFC 117 will be the best card ever (or close to it) and 118 will also be awesome, not to mention the Fight Night in between.

JON BONES JONES!!

Toney will beat Couture with a left hook KO.

quote:
Originally posted by VCplusD12:

Hey guys! It was about time someone started this thread.

My favourite fighter is Shogun.

UFC 117 will be the best card ever (or close to it) and 118 will also be awesome, not to mention the Fight Night in between.

JON BONES JONES!!

Toney will beat Couture with a left hook KO.

I like Shogun as well. I like anyone that knocks out Machida.

I dont know 118 is pretty stacked as well. From a fan standpoint, looking at the fighters on both cards its pretty even.

117 has Silva, Sonnen, Fitch, Alves, Guida, HUGHES!!, Nelson, Dos Santos, T. Silva, and my quickly growing favorite heavyweight haha S. Struve

118 has Penn, Edgar, Couture, Toney, Marquardt, Florian Maynard (thats gonna be an awesome fight), Diaz, Davis, Lauzon, Phil Baroni (one of the greatest knockouts ever, see video below), Soto

Both are exciting, but I'm looking forward to 118 more because there are more fighters that I follow in it.

classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"

height="385"

width="480"

>

value="transparent"

>

value="never"

>

name="movie"

/>

/>

/>