Sign in to follow this  
OrlandoNKentucky

UFC Fans

Anyone getting pumped for UFC 118? I love watching the Natural fight. He's easily one of my favorite fighters ever. Couture isn't one of those washed up guys who refuses to admit he doesn't have it anymore (aka Ken Shamrock and Chuck Liddell), he's still competitive and still has a chance at winning the title. This guy is awesome. Plus you have the boxing vs MMA side show (boxing needs to retire itself, MMA is taking over). Then Penn Edgar. Maynard Florian. I mean this card is pretty stacked. I'm pumped.

Yeah, I'm pumped too because I'll have two sigbets in the UFC forum going on in this card. I picked Toney and Penn

My head says Couture will take it, but my heart says Toney. He's a damn funny SOB

Yeah, I'm pumped too because I'll have two sigbets in the UFC forum going on in this card. I picked Toney and Penn

My head says Couture will take it, but my heart says Toney. He's a damn funny SOB

No way Couture loses this fight. I would truly be shocked if he does, absolutely shocked. There is so much more that a person needs to know about MMA than just boxing and whatever you can learn in 3-6 months. Randy is a pro and he's gonna push Toney up against the cage and dirty box the hell out of him, or if he is smart (which Randy is) he'll take him to the ground and even if Randy's ground game sucks, its still better than Toney's. I'm predicting a 2nd round submission win for Randy.

As far as Penn. Idk - I thought the Edgar fight the first time was a fluke, but I've watched tape on this kid since that fight, he's pretty good. He all go go go. A lot like BJ was when he was younger. I think this will be a close fight, but Penn will probably win back the title.

I know, I know. I predicted both Rashad Evans and Jon Fitch's victories against Rampage and Alves, respectively. Wrestling is the most important discipline in MMA but Toney may surprise us all! I hope he does

If you are going to be watching UFC 118 tonight, lets put our thoughts on here to see who will win what fight and what our opinions are on how the fights are going.

Mike Pierce (10-3) vs Amilcar Alves (0-0) - my prediction - Pierce wins because of his experience

Nick Osipczak (5-2) vs Greg Soto (7-1) - my prediction - Soto wins, seen the kid fight before, he has some power

Dan Miller (11-4 NC) vs John Salter (5-1) - my prediction - Miller wins, no idea about either so the NC takes my pick

Andre Winner (12-3-1) vs Nik Lentz (20-3-2) - my prediction - Lentz wins, in his photo, he looks serious

Joe Lauzon (17-5) vs Gabe Ruediger - my prediction - Lauzon wins in 1st round TKO , both were on TUF TV show and Ruediger quit and Lauzon dominated, easy fight to pick.

Nate Diaz (12-5) vs Marcus Davis (22-7) - my prediction - tough one, but I'm predicting Davis wins by KO. Both were also on TUF TV show, but Marcus Davis has some serious power in his hands, Diaz is a tough SOB though, this will be a good fight.

Kenny Florian (15-4) vs Gray Maynard (10-0 NC) - my prediction - another tough one, but I'll go with Ken Flo on this one. He has some of the sharpest elbows in that weight division. Another good fight.

Demian Maia (12-2) vs Mario Miranda (12-1) - my prediction - Miranda is an up and coming contender and he'll give Maia some trouble. Maia's game is ground game, so we'll see how it goes down.

Randy Couture (18-10) vs James Toney (0-0) - my prediction - Boxer vs MMA. MMA will always come out on top. There is so much more to MMA than just your hands. Toney may have tried to learn it in 3-6 months, but Couture has been at this longer than I have been living. So Couture wins an epic bout.

Frankie Edgar (12-1) vs BJ Penn (15-6-1) - my prediction - This is going to be a war. When Edgar beat Penn for the title last time, Edgar was non-stop attacking Penn. I have a feeling that Penn is going to return the favor. Both have been talking a lot of smack and both are pissed. I think Penn is still one of the greats and so Penn wins his title back.

Lmao, Toney got mauled, but I was already expecting it. Now, BJ! What the hell is going on with him, this time Edgar didn't leave any room for controversy.

BJ doesn't seem to be the same guy :(

Lmao, Toney got mauled, but I was already expecting it. Now, BJ! What the hell is going on with him, this time Edgar didn't leave any room for controversy.

BJ doesn't seem to be the same guy :(

BJ isn't quick enough for this weight class anymore. He needs to move up. Especially since GSP is moving up to Middleweight.

Edgar was just too fast and to sharp with his punches.

Overall - great card, not as exciting to watch, we needed more finishes. Couture was exciting and the Joe Lauzon prelim was really good too. I was very disappointed with Florian, not a big fan of Maynard. Couture is the man and everyone who picked Toney to win make me want to :beatcomp:

The Couture fight went exactly as I expected it would. If it had been a boxing match, Toney would have dominated Couture in the exact same fashion. I really can't read anything into this fight other than it was an interesting side event with all the trash that Toney was talking to promote the fight.