Sign in to follow this  
OrlandoNKentucky

Rudy Gay has been given a qualified offer

Or they dont want to lose him for nothing so they did this to see what hes worth on the open market so they can keep him if the price is right or work out a SnT.

quote:
Originally posted by InsideoutO:

Or they dont want to lose him for nothing so they did this to see what hes worth on the open market so they can keep him if the price is right or work out a SnT.

They already offered him a max contract...

He is still the FA I would like to have most of all. I feel like he is a decently realistic option as well.

edit:

I really wish we just would have signed Gerald Wallace instead of Rashard when they were both FA's. Wallace would have been the PERFECT fit imo, he dominate Shard in every stat and would have provided the rebounding and wreckless slashing we so despirately need. The price was nice too considering he just agreed to the 6 year 57 million. We would be in such beautiful shape had that gone down. Not that we are in bad shape but I think he would have fit perfect and his numbers would be even better considering he has Dwight in the middle. O and the whole VC thing would prolly have never happened so we would have even more money to throw around with this FA class.

quote:

He is still the FA I would like to have most of all. I feel like he is a decently realistic option as well.

edit:

I really wish we just would have signed Gerald Wallace instead of Rashard when they were both FA's. Wallace would have been the PERFECT fit imo, he dominate Shard in every stat and would have provided the rebounding and wreckless slashing we so despirately need. The price was nice too considering he just agreed to the 6 year 57 million. We would be in such beautiful shape had that gone down. Not that we are in bad shape but I think he would have fit perfect and his numbers would be even better considering he has Dwight in the middle. O and the whole VC thing would prolly have never happened so we would have even more money to throw around with this FA class.

Except he can't, you know, shoot.

Gay is still really young and shoots around 45% from the field and 35% from 3. Not to take away from Marc Gasol but having Dwight down low will give him alot better looks from outside on top of the fact that he would be in an offense that would allow for more quality shots. Gay is a long athletic scorer who imo is about at the same point as Dwight as far as room for growth. Its a lot easier to improve a guys shot then it is to improve his ability to penetrate and

go strong to the rack.

quote:

Gay is still really young and shoots around 45% from the field and 35% from 3. Not to take away from Marc Gasol but having Dwight down low will give him alot better looks from outside on top of the fact that he would be in an offense that would allow for more quality shots. Gay is a long athletic scorer who imo is about at the same point as Dwight as far as room for growth. Its a lot easier to improve a guys shot then it is to improve his ability to penetrate and

go strong to the rack.

He's not worth the contract he's in.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

go strong to the rack.

He's not worth the contract he's in.

that is a pretty hefty contract. I still feel like a Tandem of Howard and Gay would bring us rings and by the time Shards contract is up the both of them will be in their primes while meer will be starting his decent. Once Shard came off the books we would be poised to bring in another young guy at the 1, 2, or 4. My hope is Ryan Anderson developes into a Pf in the Dirk mold and we could snatch up an up and coming PG and throw Meer into the 6th man role for the twilight of his career.

I honestly see Gay averaging between 22-25ppg with Dwight and being worth every bit of that contract.

Edit: I still wish we would have signer G Wallace... **** near the perfect player at the perfect price for this team.