Sign in to follow this  
dirty b-town

Arenas trade hinges on Howard OK.

quote:
Originally posted by AddiFB:

I am starting to hate offseason now.

So many rumors... a few that I like, but a lot more that I don't like.

I would NOT want Arenas here with that huge contract. One giant bad contract is enough (that's you, Yardbarker) but another for a player coming out of suspension and injury plague seasons...

Give me CP3 and/or Bosh/Stoudemire!

No... Give me LeBron!

Sigh... Help? icon_frown.gif

This would be me if we got anyone of those guys:

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/8619/2204355.swf

All things being equal. While Gilbert may be a better player currently than Vince he has a astronomical contract for years longer than Vince. We would have to double that for the term for lux tax. I can't see a straight up trade for him and Vince. Washington would have to include a 1st round pick of theirs. That should be a high pick and I would be more for the trade.

quote:
Originally posted by Magician09:

I read a rumoured 3-team deal between IND/ORL/WAS on another site from a guy that has been known to get "inside" info, the basics of the deal are:

Arenas/Granger to ORL

Lewis to WAS

Nelson to IND

There would need to be other pieces thrown in to make salary's match and even out talent but I'm just posting what I read.

EDIT: He then suggested that some combination of Vince/Gortat/Pietrus/Bass would be used to get a new PF.

I really hope that you're lying or that rumor you heard is nothing more than pure garbage, because trading away Lewis and Nelson, especially for Arenas and Granger is absolutely horrible.

quote:
Originally posted by the notorious S.A.C.:

All things being equal. While Gilbert may be a better player currently than Vince he has a astronomical contract for years longer than Vince. We would have to double that for the term for lux tax. I can't see a straight up trade for him and Vince. Washington would have to include a 1st round pick of theirs. That should be a high pick and I would be more for the trade.

Besides getting to the FT line, I honestly don't see what Arenas would do better than Wince did in the regular season.

And in the playoffs, both show below average shooting numbers, so I'd expect the same from Arenas...

I just find it extremely hard to see a team paying 40 million dollars to a couple guys who probably aren't top 15-20 in the league right now. Love Shard...and I don't really hate the idea of Gil being here...but at 40 million, theres gotta be more bang for that buck.

To those guys worrying about the contract.....Don't because according to these reports Otis isn't....This Arenas thing was being talked about way before this with Otis so this deal has to have some truth to it....And if it's a "definite possibility" then Gil's contract doesn't mean Danger as much to the Magic front office as it does to us it seems

quote:
Originally posted by Nell2ThaIzzay:

quote:
Originally posted by Magician09:

I read a rumoured 3-team deal between IND/ORL/WAS on another site from a guy that has been known to get "inside" info, the basics of the deal are:

Arenas/Granger to ORL

Lewis to WAS

Nelson to IND

There would need to be other pieces thrown in to make salary's match and even out talent but I'm just posting what I read.

EDIT: He then suggested that some combination of Vince/Gortat/Pietrus/Bass would be used to get a new PF.

I really hope that you're lying or that rumor you heard is nothing more than pure garbage, because trading away Lewis and Nelson, especially for Arenas and Granger is absolutely horrible.

Kidding right? I love Nelson but a healthy Arenas is better version of Nelson. I doubt Arenas could stay healthy but Granger is absolutely better than Lewis. I doubt this would ever happen. It makes no sense for Pacers or Wizards.

quote:
Originally posted by raf008:

To those guys worrying about the contract.....Don't because according to these reports Otis isn't....This Arenas thing was being talked about way before this with Otis so this deal has to have some truth to it....And if it's a "definite possibility" then Gil's contract doesn't mean Danger as much to the Magic front office as it does to us it seems

Of course it does. Being a "definite possibility" and "not a possibility" doesn't change the amount of money he will be owed, unless the Wizards are looking to buy him out and we sign him for the vet minimum.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by raf008:

Of course it does. Being a "definite possibility" and "not a possibility" doesn't change the amount of money he will be owed, unless the Wizards are looking to buy him out and we sign him for the vet minimum.

That's the only way I want Arenas.