Sign in to follow this  
dirty b-town

Arenas trade hinges on Howard OK.

If you were to tell me we were getting 2006 Gilbert Arenas I would be jumping up and down right now.

But we would be getting a 17/3/4 player that would shoot somewhere around 40% and make the team much, MUCH worse.

Oh, and for a contract almost as bad as Lewis'.

I'd take my chances with Wince way before Arenas. At least with Wince, if the season didn't (isn't) go/going well, he would still be great trade bait by the trade deadline because of his expiring.

Arenas not only would not help this team get over the hump, he would be EXTREMELY hard to move.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

If you were to tell me we were getting 2006 Gilbert Arenas I would be jumping up and down right now.

But we would be getting a 17/3/4 player that would shoot somewhere around 40% and make the team much, MUCH worse.

I'd take my chances with Wince way before Arenas. At least with Wince, if the season didn't (isn't) go/going well, he would still be great trade bait by the trade deadline because of his expiring.

Arenas not only would not help this team get over the hump, he would be EXTREMELY hard to move.

Gil has not even played in more then 50 games in a season since 2006.

2006 He played in 74 games and averaged 28 and 6

2007 he played in 13 games

2008 he played in 2 games

2009 he played in 32 games and averaged 23 and 7

Otis loves his Golden State guys...so if he stikes out on the Paul's, Lebron's, Bosh's, Stat's, and Boozer's of the world I can see a Carter for Gil swap. He is a big upgrade over Carter. Thats if he plays more then 30 games.

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Evil Dead:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

Gil has not even played in more then 50 games in a season since 2006.

2006 He played in 74 games and averaged 28 and 6

2007 he played in 13 games

2008 he played in 2 games

2009 he played in 32 games and averaged 23 and 7

Otis loves his Golden State guys...so if he stikes out on the Paul's, Lebron's, Bosh's, Stat's, and Boozer's of the world I can see a Carter for Gil swap. He is a big upgrade over Carter. Thats if he plays more then 30 games.

2006 he played 80 games and averaged 29 and 6, and most importantly, shot almost 45%.

He's hardly an upgrade over Wince. His contract is awful, he's just as bad of a defender, he's not efficient (I mean, seriously... the guy never shot over 45% in his entire career), and he's another epic chucker. I do like that he averaged 2 more FTA a game (in the 32 games he played last year), but he's still an inefficient chucker and it's not going to suddenly change.

as I said in the cp3 thread.......if the wiz buy him out I see no problem with it.

Not to sound like a hater but he isn't really worth the money he's getting right now and I'd hate for otis to trade vince for him and he performs like **** and then the team is stuck with his big *** contract and there being no way to get rid of him. he lost some of his explosiveness after them injuries and surgeries and stan's system is gonna make him fall in love with the 3 ball. I want a player who sucks at shooting 3s but does a **** good job getting to the basket and the freethrow line. (IGGY)

I read a rumoured 3-team deal between IND/ORL/WAS on another site from a guy that has been known to get "inside" info, the basics of the deal are:

Arenas/Granger to ORL

Lewis to WAS

Nelson to IND

There would need to be other pieces thrown in to make salary's match and even out talent but I'm just posting what I read.

EDIT: He then suggested that some combination of Vince/Gortat/Pietrus/Bass would be used to get a new PF.

quote:
Originally posted by Magician09:

I read a rumoured 3-team deal between IND/ORL/WAS on another site from a guy that has been known to get "inside" info, the basics of the deal are:

Arenas/Granger to ORL

Lewis to WAS

Nelson to IND

There would need to be other pieces thrown in to make salary's match and even out talent but I'm just posting what I read.

Surely we'd need to trade Gortat, Pietrus and Bass along with Meer and Shard to get those salaries anywhere near matching?

quote:
Originally posted by Chaz:

quote:
Originally posted by Magician09:

Arenas/Granger to ORL

Lewis to WAS

Nelson to IND

Surely we'd need to trade Gortat, Pietrus and Bass along with Meer and Shard to get those salaries anywhere near matching?

Lewis' contract absorbs all other contracts and creates a giant, single entity with the sole purpose of sponging more contracts and growing stronger and stronger.

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

Why would the Wizards want Lewis?

...In exchange for Arenas.

Why would they want his contract? It's obvious that they want VC, and they want him because of the money they can save with him.

I am starting to hate offseason now.

So many rumors... a few that I like, but a lot more that I don't like.

I would NOT want Arenas here with that huge contract. One giant bad contract is enough (that's you, Yardbarker) but another for a player coming out of suspension and injury plague seasons...

Give me CP3 and/or Bosh/Stoudemire!

No... Give me LeBron!

Sigh... Help? icon_frown.gif