Noonskadoodle17

Bill Ingram is being told Wiz deal is in works...ANOTHER QUESTION @ BOTTOM PG2

quote:
Originally posted by JRam027:

quote:
Originally posted by VCdaCarter:

quote:
Originally posted by Nell2ThaIzzay:

Not only is Rashard's contract jabungous, but he was also a key component to a team that got to the NBA Finals. Vince Carter, on the other hand, disappeared in the playoffs.

Say what you will about Rashard and whether he is overpaid or not, the fact is, he has been a huge factor in our recent success the past couple years. HUGE.

Vince Carter, not so much.

That said - I don't like this proposed deal to Washington, if there is any truth to it. I'd rather take my chances with Vince again, than to make that trade. At least with Vince, there's the -possibility- that he becomes a key contributor.

Vince is a key contributor. I believe he's the one that got lewis plenty of open 3's during the season and the playoffs. Secondly, you people really need to go **** yourselves with that "vince disappeared in the playoffs" bull****. I don't think anyone other than dwight contributed more than vince this season. I know there's a bunch of high school kids on this forum but you need to grow up sometime, this **** is getting ridiculous.

You make it seem like Rashard has never had an open 3 in his life before Vince came. Who do you think got him open 3s before?

And even if we were to agree with you that Vince showed up in the playoffs, there is absolutely no denying that he DIDNT show up in the final seconds of the biggest loss of the season (Game 2)

didnt the beloved jj redick mess up too? if they could have gotten the ball at half court with more sec. who knows. the two free throws would have helped, but we were down three

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Not only is Rashard's contract jabungous, but he was also a key component to a team that got to the NBA Finals. Vince Carter, on the other hand, disappeared in the playoffs.

Say what you will about Rashard and whether he is overpaid or not, the fact is, he has been a huge factor in our recent success the past couple years. HUGE.

That said - I don't like this proposed deal to Washington, if there is any truth to it. I'd rather take my chances with Vince again, than to make that trade. At least with Vince, there's the -possibility- that he becomes a key contributor.

Vince is a key contributor. I believe he's the one that got lewis plenty of open 3's during the season and the playoffs. Secondly, you people really need to go **** yourselves with that "vince disappeared in the playoffs" bull****. I don't think anyone other than dwight contributed more than vince this season. I know there's a bunch of high school kids on this forum but you need to grow up sometime, this **** is getting ridiculous.

You make it seem like Rashard has never had an open 3 in his life before Vince came. Who do you think got him open 3s before?

And even if we were to agree with you that Vince showed up in the playoffs, there is absolutely no denying that he DIDNT show up in the final seconds of the biggest loss of the season (Game 2)

Who showed up in game 1 besides Vince??? The TEAM deserved to lose that series because they didn't show up to play. The whole team has been inconsistant the entire season but somehow the KIDS on this forum manage to blame vince for every loss. IT'S PATHETIC! See you next season.

Ok The "Team" lost games 1 and 3 of the ECF. I'll give you that. Games 4 and 5 were won by the team WITHOUT vince. Who had 3 points on 1-9 shooting in one of those games. Game 6. Vince has numerous WIDE open shots, WIDE open lanes to the baskets, fails to hit on his WIDE open shots, fails to drive on wide open lanes, settles for fades. That was the most important game of the series and he was "supposed" to be our closer was he not VC fanboys? Well. He didn't do his job. Oh should i even mention the 2 FT"s he choked on in gm 2? And how poorly he played in that game. Another MUST win game AT home. Fails to show up.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicDelight:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Who showed up in game 1 besides Vince??? The TEAM deserved to lose that series because they didn't show up to play. The whole team has been inconsistant the entire season but somehow the KIDS on this forum manage to blame vince for every loss. IT'S PATHETIC! See you next season.

Ok The "Team" lost games 1 and 3 of the ECF. I'll give you that. Games 4 and 5 were won by the team WITHOUT vince. Who had 3 points on 1-9 shooting in one of those games. Game 6. Vince has numerous WIDE open shots, WIDE open lanes to the baskets, fails to hit on his WIDE open shots, fails to drive on wide open lanes, settles for fades. That was the most important game of the series and he was "supposed" to be our closer was he not VC fanboys? Well. He didn't do his job. Oh should i even mention the 2 FT"s he choked on in gm 2? And how poorly he played in that game. Another MUST win game AT home. Fails to show up.

Oh yeah, I remember game 6 very well, in the second quarter howard went to the bench with foul trouble, the team was down 21. Vince got the team back within 13 by halftime. At the start of the 3rd they went back to howard on every possession, meer never looked in carter direction on offense...it's like a slap in the face to the man that helped keep them in the game in the first half. I actually watch the games, not just look at the boxscore.

Also, it's kind of strange how you people want to call it " the most important game" when vince has a bad one. Game 1 was the most important game, vince was the only player to show up and orlando lost the game and home court advantage.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh yeah, I remember game 6 very well, in the second quarter howard went to the bench with foul trouble, the team was down 21. Vince got the team back within 13 by halftime. At the start of the 3rd they went back to howard on every possession, meer never looked in carter direction on offense...it's like a slap in the face to the man that helped keep them in the game in the first half. I actually watch the games, not just look at the boxscore.

Also, it's kind of strange how you people want to call it " the most important game" when vince has a bad one. Game 1 was the most important game, vince was the only player to show up and orlando lost the game and home court advantage.

amen bro.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Relax dude. Nobody is blaming everything on Vince. Vince just is a nice trade piece with one year remaining (and a player or team option too for the second right?) and many are just not satisfied of what he brought to the table this season. Nobody expected this kind of dropoff and I think few want to go through it again. Is that Vince fault as a person? No, he's just getting old(er) and his production will naturally start to fade and drop off.

Howard started off bad but regained his form, though he did get taken out of the Charlotte series by a dozen or so Bobcats centers/forwards and let it go to his head. He isn't getting traded since he is our franchise player.

Rashard was also inconsistent through the entire season and playoffs too, but since his monster contract is indeed a monster, no one will take it right now. Couple of seasons, he'll be a huge trade asset.

Jameer was probably the biggest reason we won first round, not Vince. Vince had a good game sure, but Meer's play was amazing in the opening round. He is rumored to be traded and for Chris Paul, we Magic fans would welcome that trade but miss our little Meer.

Pietrus was inconsistent too, often missing in action. He wasn't the same player as the season before, but he did have his good games. Many would want him traded. He is a slasher but falls in love with the threepointer too often and some games he just bricks them up.

Barnes had his on and off days. It was mostly his anger management, or lack of it, that threw him out of the games (literally). He wasn't a big factor in the playoffs, especially against Boston, and look where it got him. He might not be back next year.

Redick proved this year that he deserves to stay. Of all the players not named Dwight Howard, he earned his staying pass and rightfully so. Last season he was a decent role player who stepped it up in the Playoffs, especially against Boston and guarding Ray Allen. I think few is any Magic fans want him traded.

Ryan Anderson started off huge, pre-season and the first few weeks of the season. We were extatic and many talked about a steal in the VC trade. Then he fell off and it felt like he fell of the face of the Earth. He started chucking and was just bad. He might get traded and I don't think any of us feels too bad about it.

Brandon gave us big hopes for a big, musculare lineup with Dwight. He won us a game against Dallas (was it pre-season) with his hustling in the final minutes and then, like Ryan, just fell out of the rotation. Stan just ignored Black. Might get traded.

Jason had some hot games, but like some others, he was really inconsistent and sometimes just not cutting it. Age was also showing its signs this season and in the post-season. Might not be back.

Gortat was given this big nice contract, after matching the Mavs offer and most, if not all, expected good things from Warlock. He too had a drop-off. Most likely will be traded this summer, maybe with Vince if he is traded, who knows.

Don't go all-hate because some people don't like what Vince brought this season. He just disappointed some of us. It's sports, take it what it is, don't go all personal like Vince is your buddy because I'm quite sure he's not. They are professionals who get paid alot more a season than we will get through our whole lives. They can be criticized and should be if they aren't up to the task.

Everyone on this years team, coaches too, can be criticized, some more than others.

quote:
Originally posted by mont:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

amen bro.

You guys need to find a place to get together and have some peanut butter with each other. Make sure you bring your VC life size doll with you so he can sit next to you both. Farewell.

quote:
he played hard every game in the playoffs and if you really know basketball, you would see that a fadeaway is sometimes the best shot against bostons defense.

LMAO!!!!!!

This is why I want a role player trade almost more than a star player trade.

How many Randy Foye fans do you think will swarm to the forum to defend him? Exactly. There might be some peace and quiet around here for once.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by mont:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

amen bro.

You guys need to find a place to get together and have some peanut butter with each other. Make sure you bring your VC life size doll with you so he can sit next to you both. Farewell.

CHECK-MATE

quote:
Originally posted by AddiFB:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Relax dude. Nobody is blaming everything on Vince. Vince just is a nice trade piece with one year remaining (and a player or team option too for the second right?) and many are just not satisfied of what he brought to the table this season. Nobody expected this kind of dropoff and I think few want to go through it again. Is that Vince fault as a person? No, he's just getting old(er) and his production will naturally start to fade and drop off.

Howard started off bad but regained his form, though he did get taken out of the Charlotte series by a dozen or so Bobcats centers/forwards and let it go to his head. He isn't getting traded since he is our franchise player.

Rashard was also inconsistent through the entire season and playoffs too, but since his monster contract is indeed a monster, no one will take it right now. Couple of seasons, he'll be a huge trade asset.

Jameer was probably the biggest reason we won first round, not Vince. Vince had a good game sure, but Meer's play was amazing in the opening round. He is rumored to be traded and for Chris Paul, we Magic fans would welcome that trade but miss our little Meer.

Pietrus was inconsistent too, often missing in action. He wasn't the same player as the season before, but he did have his good games. Many would want him traded. He is a slasher but falls in love with the threepointer too often and some games he just bricks them up.

Barnes had his on and off days. It was mostly his anger management, or lack of it, that threw him out of the games (literally). He wasn't a big factor in the playoffs, especially against Boston, and look where it got him. He might not be back next year.

Redick proved this year that he deserves to stay. Of all the players not named Dwight Howard, he earned his staying pass and rightfully so. Last season he was a decent role player who stepped it up in the Playoffs, especially against Boston and guarding Ray Allen. I think few is any Magic fans want him traded.

Ryan Anderson started off huge, pre-season and the first few weeks of the season. We were extatic and many talked about a steal in the VC trade. Then he fell off and it felt like he fell of the face of the Earth. He started chucking and was just bad. He might get traded and I don't think any of us feels too bad about it.

Brandon gave us big hopes for a big, musculare lineup with Dwight. He won us a game against Dallas (was it pre-season) with his hustling in the final minutes and then, like Ryan, just fell out of the rotation. Stan just ignored Black. Might get traded.

Jason had some hot games, but like some others, he was really inconsistent and sometimes just not cutting it. Age was also showing its signs this season and in the post-season. Might not be back.

Gortat was given this big nice contract, after matching the Mavs offer and most, if not all, expected good things from Warlock. He too had a drop-off. Most likely will be traded this summer, maybe with Vince if he is traded, who knows.

Don't go all-hate because some people don't like what Vince brought this season. He just disappointed some of us. It's sports, take it what it is, don't go all personal like Vince is your buddy because I'm quite sure he's not. They are professionals who get paid alot more a season than we will get through our whole lives. They can be criticized and should be if they aren't up to the task.

Everyone on this years team, coaches too, can be criticized, some more than others.

If vince gets traded, it'll be to a championship contender. Don't think otis can just ship him off to a team full of bums.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by AddiFB:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

If vince gets traded, it'll be to a championship contender. Don't think otis can just ship him off to a team full of bums.

The wizards.............LOL. You think he'll be a championship contender there?

smile_shardhappy.png

quote:

What makes you say that?