Sign in to follow this  
siradam134

J.J. Redick & Bill Simmons

Bill Simmons predictions.

@sportsguy33 3) Knowing someone else is going to overpay Ray Allen, Celts make a July 1st play for JJ Redick (full midlevel exception: 5 yrs, $33m).

about 1 hour ago via web

Bill Simmons predictions.

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

Otis would match it for sure. Only way Redick's offer sheet doesn't get matched is if he gets more than the MLE.

That... is the full... never mind

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

Otis would match it for sure. Only way Redick's offer sheet doesn't get matched is if he gets more than the MLE.

That... is the full... never mind

smile_svgsad.png

If JJ gets the full MLE I leave the forums.

If Otis gives Redick anymore than $4.5 (at most) I'll start threads about Devos going into a home. You know, the crazy kind.

i have a strong feeling jj won't be in a magic jersey next season.......

someone is gonna offer him a lot of money that otis won't match. if not boston then someone else

If an elite team like Boston is willing to give JJ that much money, then maybe Otis will understand that he has a good player on his hands and it's better NOT to trade him.

Honestly, I think JJ is a good fit in Orlando.

quote:
Originally posted by dreamingincolors:

If an elite team like Boston is willing to give JJ that much money, then maybe Otis will understand that he has a good player on his hands and it's better NOT to trade him.

Honestly, I think JJ is a good fit in Orlando.

Otis does understand that he has a good player on his hands, but not good enough for the full MLE.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

Otis does understand that he has a good player on his hands, but not good enough for the full MLE.

If Otis is willing to give Marcin $6 million a year, I don't understand why you wouldn't give JJ that much. I personally think JJ is a better overall player than Marcin but then again, they play different positions.

I think there'll be enough teams out there with money to burn that WON'T win the LeBron/Bosh/Wade lottery, that money will get thrown at role-players like JJ ('Shard, anyone?).

Hopefully we can keep him, because he really came around this year, but obviously not if we have to overpay to do it.

It is possible for JJ to turn down deals from other teams that offer him more money if Magic do not match--so he can stay with the Magic organization?

What happens to his contract if he does turn down those offers? Does he become an unrestricted player and that he can go and sign with whomever he chooses or does that mean he can stay with Orlando with whatever they offer him?