Sign in to follow this  
Die Mannschaft

Daniel Orton...

quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:

I'd prefer we picked Whiteside, Pittman, or Alabi (how the heck did he slip to #50?).

whenever i see a guy slip so much in the draft it's usually a personality issue, it's like they had the verbal interview and the gm/coach walk out of there going 'holy ****, that guy is a morAn.'

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

quote:
Originally posted by Debonair:

welcome to orlando?

*** man.

this is stupid as hell. if they were interested in a center they should've went for hassan whiteside.

daniel orton? seriously?

Debonair, you have posted 206 times on this board, and I can't remember one of them being positive. I'd say your starting to hit troll status but you passed that a long time ago.

I'm not forcing anyone to read why i type

Actually Alabi had some great workouts but unfortunately it was inconsistent. He also has a health issue that concerned everyone and was very hush hush.

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

Actually Alabi had some great workouts but unfortunately it was inconsistent. He also has a health issue that concerned everyone and was very hush hush.

I have no idea about his individual workouts, but his scores at the combine were pretty bad.

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

quote:
Originally posted by JT Jag:

Orton is a guy who has the tools to develop into a 4 in the NBA, unlike a guy like Whiteside who is a pure C in every way and would be wasted with Dwight on the team.

Is Gortat not important?

anyone who watches the Magic understands how important out backup center is. Jesus Dwight has some intesne foul trouble games where we NEED Gortat.

Just because Orton will ideally be developed into a 4 doesn't mean he can't also be our backup center. He's a little short for the position but he has a massive wingspan that more than makes up for any height deficiency he has.

Think of a guy like Ben Wallace, who in his prime was used as a defensive stopper at both the 4 and 5 despite having less than ideal size for the center spot.

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

when will we get to see our rookies in Magic Uni's? can we get Mr. Savage to find out?

Summer League, i'm guessing. Maybe around the 4th?

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

when will we get to see our rookies in Magic Uni's? can we get Mr. Savage to find out?

Summer League, i'm guessing. Maybe around the 4th?

Don't they usually do shoots before then?