Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Evil Dead:

Besides the pipe dream of getting Chris Paul, the only other option I see at this time is getting Big Al. The Wolves are making no doubt about it that they want to trade Al. I think if we can get Al and some how Corey Brewer, that might be the best we could do this off season. That would give us a line up of:

Howard

Jefferson

Lewis

Brewer

Nelson

Brewer is 6-9 and plays SG and could blossom on D with Howard behind him. Lewis will go back to SF where he should be, and hopefully play more like his Sonics days.

This all comes down to the Front Line. A front line of Howard and Jefferson would no doubt be the best front line in the NBA. Both players are 25 and will get to grow together. Jefferson will give Dwight something he never had before.. A forward that will fight in the paint and rebound the ball. Also Al will block almost 2 shots a game. With his ability to block shots with Dwights it will be a block party in Orlando. Finally Al knows how to score the ball. Not only does he have a load of post moves. He can also hit the outside J. And his 13 mil a year contract is not so bad either.

So as of right know I see this trade as our best option to try and combat the Eastern Allstar team in Miami.

I agree, except that I like JJ starting with Brewer off the bench. I think that he has earned the spot and would thrive with extended minutes with the starting unit. Of course, this is assuming that Vince is included in the trade, which I'm not sure he would be.

I love the idea of Jefferson and Dwight in the front court though. I think Howard would really benefit from spending some time working with Jefferson; the guy has smooth post moves that are about as refined as any in the game. I'm not sure that $13 million can be considered a good contract though...

quote:
Originally posted by mbaker333:

you want to feel better about yourself? go read the cavs message boards for a bit. It could be worse.. You could be a Cavs fan who also happens to be a mover for the moving company that he hires to ship his things to miami...

yeah, like they wouldn't drop things, a smart man would hire a moving company from miami, but hey, all the stuff would probably be stolen then.

hayo, miami has high crime. i'm done.

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

i started the corey brewer train about a month ago and no one wanted to get on. i hate you all still for that.

Thats because everyone had dreams of Paul, Boozer, or Bosh coming here.

Now those dreams are all but gone. Time to look other directions.

quote:

you want to feel better about yourself? go read the cavs message boards for a bit. It could be worse.. You could be a Cavs fan who also happens to be a mover for the moving company that he hires to ship his things to miami...

That just sounds tragically depressing...Link?

Can we just shut this **** threat down. Stick it back in the HoF. More than half of you guys don't even contribute any valid ideas but rather a combination of sarcastic remarks and STUPID, OUTLANDISH suggestions that would never happen and everyone knows it. Pisses me off the more I see it, which is everywhere.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by cunningstunt:

i started the corey brewer train about a month ago and no one wanted to get on. i hate you all still for that.

Thats because everyone had dreams of Paul, Boozer, or Bosh coming here.

Now those dreams are all but gone. Time to look other directions.

i'm all for superstars and all, but yeah i'm a firm believer of getting a good player from a bad situation and turning him into a household name. see courtney lee more than a year ago.

quote:
Originally posted by Walddo:

quote:

That just sounds tragically depressing...Link?

No link/story.. Just a thought.

quote:
Originally posted by dwightsmight12:

Can we just shut this **** threat down. Stick it back in the HoF. More than half of you guys don't even contribute any valid ideas but rather a combination of sarcastic remarks and STUPID, OUTLANDISH suggestions that would never happen and everyone knows it. Pisses me off the more I see it, which is everywhere.

demolition-kitteh.jpg

but seriously... do you read your own sig?

quote:
Originally posted by Darrell_Armstrong:

quote:

Besides the pipe dream of getting Chris Paul, the only other option I see at this time is getting Big Al. The Wolves are making no doubt about it that they want to trade Al. I think if we can get Al and some how Corey Brewer, that might be the best we could do this off season. That would give us a line up of:

Howard

Jefferson

Lewis

Brewer

Nelson

Brewer is 6-9 and plays SG and could blossom on D with Howard behind him. Lewis will go back to SF where he should be, and hopefully play more like his Sonics days.

This all comes down to the Front Line. A front line of Howard and Jefferson would no doubt be the best front line in the NBA. Both players are 25 and will get to grow together. Jefferson will give Dwight something he never had before.. A forward that will fight in the paint and rebound the ball. Also Al will block almost 2 shots a game. With his ability to block shots with Dwights it will be a block party in Orlando. Finally Al knows how to score the ball. Not only does he have a load of post moves. He can also hit the outside J. And his 13 mil a year contract is not so bad either.

So as of right know I see this trade as our best option to try and combat the Eastern Allstar team in Miami.

I agree, except that I like JJ starting with Brewer off the bench. I think that he has earned the spot and would thrive with extended minutes with the starting unit. Of course, this is assuming that Vince is included in the trade, which I'm not sure he would be.

I love the idea of Jefferson and Dwight in the front court though. I think Howard would really benefit from spending some time working with Jefferson; the guy has smooth post moves that are about as refined as any in the game. I'm not sure that $13 million can be considered a good contract though...

I would have JJ come off the bench with the second unit. I think Brewer at 6-9 would really help out Nelson on D. I just love his height at the SG position.

13 mil is much better then if we added Boozer at 16 mil a year. Heck even Vince is making 16 mil. 13 mil for all Jefferson would bring this team is not so bad.